Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Help clean window motor

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 01:08 PM
jc21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help clean window motor

Would anyone in The San Fernando valley be willing to help me clean my window motor? Or would anyone know a place that would do it. Mine has stopped working on me and i do miss rolling my passenger window down. Let me know if somoene out there knows anyone that can help.

I can maybe trade your time in for a red NRG steering wheel
Old 03-20-2013, 05:38 PM
LunchBox20

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Mine is doing the same thing. A friend of mine told me that until I get a chance to clean it, to open the door, when while holding the window switch down close the door. It should roll down.
Do this a few times, and it should shake the larger pieces of crap in there loose until you get a chance to clean it.

Maybe we can have a Z window motor cleaning day hahah
Old 03-20-2013, 08:53 PM
jc21

Actually an easier way to do it is actually just kinda bang the door panels while holding the button up or down. That works well...
But kinda sucks for me cause its in the passenger seat and I'd hate to have to bang on it while driving hahaha. Also it sucks when the girl rides with me and she can't roll her window down properly.

But yes on tech day for this. I'd be down and I will even provide food and drinks!
If someone provides space and know how.! Woot woot....!!! Lets do it!!!! Window motor cleaning tech day! Hahaha I'm sure we can get some hits.

Originally Posted by LunchBox20
Mine is doing the same thing. A friend of mine told me that until I get a chance to clean it, to open the door, when while holding the window switch down close the door. It should roll down.
Do this a few times, and it should shake the larger pieces of crap in there loose until you get a chance to clean it.

Maybe we can have a Z window motor cleaning day hahah
Old 03-21-2013, 04:46 AM
j3tt2

Does it click when you push the button down? I could rebuild it for you if you wanted to send it my way with the steering wheel lol. I could have it back in the mail or you in about 2 days, granted I kind find what I need to build it.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:56 AM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't waste your time.. replace it with a genuine nissan part. I replaced mine 3x.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:42 AM
LunchBox20

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Have her hold the button down when she closes the door
Cleaning it is soooo much cheaper.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:53 AM
j3tt2

Originally Posted by Cannysage
don't waste your time.. replace it with a genuine nissan part. I replaced mine 3x.
You've replaced your motor 3 times? I replaced the brushes once, look at binders thread. He's done it once also and he's going on 3 years now. I spent $40 after the soldering iron and about 3 hours worth of work. So spend your $130 on a new motor lol
Old 03-21-2013, 12:20 PM
jc21

Originally Posted by Cannysage
I think it may be cheaper just cleaning it. hahaha

Originally Posted by LunchBox20
Have her hold the button down when she closes the door
Cleaning it is soooo much cheaper.
this is a possibility. but how about when she gets out the car? hahaha

Originally Posted by j3tt2
Does it click when you push the button down? I could rebuild it for you if you wanted to send it my way with the steering wheel lol. I could have it back in the mail or you in about 2 days, granted I kind find what I need to build it.
yea it clicks when i push the button. ill probably just end up doing it myself. just follow the simple write up. hahaha but if u were local ud have yourself a deal hahaha... thanks anyway
Old 03-21-2013, 02:47 PM
j3tt2

Yeah with it clicking it just needs new brushes.... If you keep hitting the panel eventually the brushes will wear down and still not work anymore. Just follow the steps, hardest part is putting the brush setup back in. It's not that bad if you have any electrical experience at all