Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Angeles Crest Hwy Drive 1/31/04 (pix)

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 09:53 PM
R1cky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Angeles Crest Hwy Drive 1/31/04 (pix)

Sat. morning 8am meet up w/ GQ_Model_626, iLLestJrz, Scott Web, Tatiana, and Eddie. ZRAYGO, didnt make it on time so we head off around 9am, but he was managed to catch up and find us @ Newcomb's Ranch. Next time we need to better commu. (cell. phone #).
The weather was a bit cold in the morning, but as it got warmer around noon, then roadsters had the top down enjoying the cali. sunshine. But Scott was brave enough to drive w/ the top down through the whole run. And also did some burnout w/ the Project Z Roadster
It was nice meeting u guys and the lady... Had a good time... Looking forward to see ya in the next meet...

Here r the pix, sorry some pix r blury cuz i was try to steer through the twistie while snaping shots...

Chillin @ Shell gas station in the morning.

Heading up Angeles Crest.

At Newcomb's Ranch

On the way back down.

It was a great cruise, everyone made it back safe. CHP didnt bother us...

For more pix click here

Last edited by R1cky; 01-31-2004 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:28 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wow

R1cky, these are greats pics. Awesome! I love the one of the CHP Expedition cruiser rolling the opposite direction. Luckily, we were stuck behind some damn slow-**s Corolla. It's funny how the gods of speed sometimes protect us. Just 5 minutes earlier, we were screaming through the turns.

It was also quite interesting chasing down those "test Mercedes guys" with the distributor plates. They were hauling doing the mountain as well. Those heavy sedans were easily keeping pace with us.

It was great seeing all the new faces...lets try and keep this meet going....it's getting bigger EVERY week!
Old 02-01-2004, 12:37 PM
ZRAYGO

R1cky, great pics man. My car will be out of commision for a while, I am going to be doing somemore mods on it (excuses not to drive it). I am going to have the edfc installed and also have the car lowered in the back a little bit more (1"....I liked the way the blue vert was sitting.....sick!!!). I also think my kit came in from japan at Superautobacs so the car will most likely be headed over to MOB Works for installation and paint and then I will be awaiting the Top Secret Hood....and then the big decision.....tt or sc.....what do you think guys....HOLA!!
Old 02-01-2004, 12:54 PM
iLLestJrz

Here some more pics

tatianas roadster
Old 02-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally posted by iLLestJrz
Here some more pics

tatianas roadster
Very nice shot! I love those two colors next to one another...DB and SL....my favs.
Old 02-01-2004, 04:24 PM
R1cky

Originally posted by gq_model_626
R1cky, these are greats pics. Awesome! I love the one of the CHP Expedition cruiser rolling the opposite direction. Luckily, we were stuck behind some damn slow-**s Corolla. It's funny how the gods of speed sometimes protect us. Just 5 minutes earlier, we were screaming through the turns.

It was also quite interesting chasing down those "test Mercedes guys" with the distributor plates. They were hauling doing the mountain as well. Those heavy sedans were easily keeping pace with us.

It was great seeing all the new faces...lets try and keep this meet going....it's getting bigger EVERY week!
Yea, true that... that Corolla show us down in a good way...

Originally posted by ZRAYGO
R1cky, great pics man. My car will be out of commision for a while, I am going to be doing somemore mods on it (excuses not to drive it). I am going to have the edfc installed and also have the car lowered in the back a little bit more (1"....I liked the way the blue vert was sitting.....sick!!!). I also think my kit came in from japan at Superautobacs so the car will most likely be headed over to MOB Works for installation and paint and then I will be awaiting the Top Secret Hood....and then the big decision.....tt or sc.....what do you think guys....HOLA!!
Cant wait to see ur Z w/ the Ings kit on... Did u already find a bodyshop to paint ur Z? I recommend u to my friend's bodyshop in City of Industry. Let me know if u want more info.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:19 PM
myinfinitig20

i want in on the next meet...when is it? how come i dont get email reminders that someone posted on a thread?

nice pics
love volks!

nick
Old 02-01-2004, 08:51 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally posted by myinfinitig20
i want in on the next meet...when is it? how come i dont get email reminders that someone posted on a thread?

nice pics
love volks!

nick
Not sure what you mean....if you subscribe to the post, then I think you should get email reminders. Try changing the settings in your profile so that the board will email.

Anyways.......we'd be happy to have you on the next run. Everyone is welcome to join! I want to do this every weekend if there is interest....

Yeah, we were indexing very high in the Volk Racing department...lots of Volks everywhere!
Old 02-01-2004, 10:16 PM
n10zt

Looks like everyone had fun, I'm looking forward to joining one of the runs and meeting fellow enthusiasts. Just wondering, why does the run start 8ish? I figured to avoid the presumably heavier traffic in the afternoon? Sorry, I'm not an early bird on weekends.

I am going to have the edfc installed
ZRAYGO, can you tell us more about your suspension setup? Who's doing the install and perhaps how much this will set you back? I'm interested in the tein flex setup w/ edfc. thanx.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:21 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally posted by n10zt
Just wondering, why does the run start 8ish? I figured to avoid the presumably heavier traffic in the afternoon? Sorry, I'm not an early bird on weekends.

We try to start as early as possible to avoid law enforcement and other vehicular traffic. I would even prefer to go at 7am...but not too many people wanna wake up that early...except for me and Scott!

We leave at 9am...is that still too early? Plus, we like to get a nice breakfast up a Nucoms....
Old 02-02-2004, 05:07 PM
iLLestJrz

Originally posted by gq_model_626
We leave at 9am...is that still too early? Plus, we like to get a nice breakfast up a Nucoms....

Mmmm... that was a good breakfast. I'm up for it. I've been going out lately on Fridays, but I'm managing to get up. I'm interested in doing this. I have yet to drive that run. .
Old 02-04-2004, 09:13 AM
callmeaflirt

Well I DO hope to see all of ya at the Torrance meet this saturday. We will be doing the run after the meet and greet and eat We would also love to do the LA Crest run, BUT we are in Carson/Torrance/Long Beach area and I was told it is about 45 mts to an hour drive to get there...so us being there at 9am, kinda hard to do on a Saturday morning...Thats why we arranged the NOON time for this Saturday...gives us time to chill....eat...hang out....take pics....THEN do the run...It should be fun..Im looking forward to meeting everyone there!
Old 02-04-2004, 10:39 AM
iLLestJrz

Hell yeah Lysa, we'll be there.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:47 AM
callmeaflirt

Thanks for spelling my name right!!! Most of the time, people dont spell it right and it irks me...haha j/k See ya Saturday!