Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

When can we vote on group names..? Read here.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 02:53 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by cbwidebodyz
hey if Ron does not own "socal350z" why dont we keep that name since the members use it?
I agree with the Kash man....
Old 04-30-2004, 03:11 PM
BullishZ

Well, why don't we vote on it to see what the members want instead?

If they want that, it'll be the new name. We will see.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:12 PM
350Now

I won't be able to make it but I vote:

Old 04-30-2004, 09:23 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Everyone please remember that the "Shift_tagline" is a registered trademark of Nissan...not something we will be able to use
Old 04-30-2004, 09:38 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by AudioPat
Everyone please remember that the "Shift_tagline" is a registered trademark of Nissan...not something we will be able to use
Good point Pat. If Shift_Z wins, we may have to have shirts made that just say:

_Z

What about researching domain name availability for the names?
Old 05-01-2004, 12:02 AM
n10zt

Thanks guys, have fun later tonight.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:24 PM
neocypher
Banned

Hi I'm new to this forum and haven't attended any of the events yet. I was planning on attending the hooters event this past weekend but decided to opt out. Reason being I was greatly dissappointed at the recent events surrounding the formation of a SoCal club. I'll try my hardest not to pick on anyone but being an outsider and activly participating in the forums at the onset of the trouble I can honestly say that I'm not predisposed to see the current person spearhead this effort. The way I see it ... it was a hostile takeover. This same person stated in an earlier post that the current leader was not fit to serve his post then stated that a club was not needed. Then a few days later she decides to post a thread asking for ideas for a name to start up a club .... I don't know about the rest of you but this is not right. This person talks about being fair and if you read back on the threads this person is full of it.

Also as i understand this person doesn't even own a Z. And said person is also talking about excluding some people out of the votes because they don't live in california and they didn't show up to the hooters event. That all sounds fine and I can understand excluding some people from a club to vote but wouldn't it make sense the exclude non z owners also????
Old 05-03-2004, 02:04 PM
BullishZ

Neocypher, thanks for your opinion. I am always open to hear what anyone has to say regarding our Socal scene here, even if I don't agree with it. But by the same token, they should be willing to hear out other people who may also disagree with them.

The reason for the entire drama was just that. We had a temporary leader who was not open to listen to suggestions or opinions of members. It even went as far as him trying to make those who spoke out as outcasts. That is not right, and will not be tolerated. It was not a hostile takeover, in any respects. He left on his own, and nobody really followed him. He tried to divide the group, but the majority of the group decided not to be divided. And now you have our present situation.

I understand that you are new to the club, and if you choose not to come to the meets, I can respect your opinion. But as the oldtimers (in forum age) have kept saying over and over again, please disregard the recent drama. It is all but over now. I've been here since 5/1/02, and even longer if you consider the time before the new forum was installed on 5/1/02. I believe I've been a part of this since 3/22/02. From my 2 years in this community, I can vouch that 95% of the members here are all very friendly and nice folks to just hang out with. Once you join us, you'll see first hand how it is here.

But just on a side note, you say in your post that you're not going to pick on anyone, but you point out that it's a "she" and that "she doesn't even own a Z". We all know who you are referring to, and she did not do any wrong here. She and I were the most vocal when wrong was done. That is the truth. I mean, nobody else spoke out in public (but alot of people did through PM's to me). She should be applauded for speaking out even when she knew Ron would call her names. Also, for you to call it a "hostile takeover" is a misconception. She has expressed her intent to not take on a leadership role in the new club, and I also feel the same.

Now onto your comment regarding her not owning a Z... did you know that the administrator (not the moderators, but the admin himself) does not own a Z? His dad has one, but he still has passion for the Z and the community here. Same goes for the person you are talking about. As far as I can see, she's done so much for our club and community. She definately has the passion, and her bf does have a Z. So of course we will not exclude her from the club. If you have a problem with that, I don't think this club is right for you.

Last edited by BullishZ; 05-03-2004 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:15 PM
callmeaflirt

Hmm...lets see...since you are posting on a thread that I started..and making reference to "she"..I can safely assume you are talking about me...Let me make a couple things clear.

For one, I am not spearheading ANYTHING. If posting a thread to take suggestions for group names was, in your opinion, a "hostile takeover", then you might want to re read some of the past posts and threads. Im sure you dont have time for that so Ill go ahead and sum it up for you.

"So Cal 350z Club" unofficially became the title for this group. A certain person was elected "leader" of this group. This person, along with others, myself included, organized meets and runs. Everyone came to the events, and for the most part, had a good time. The problem started, when the "leader" announced what our official website would be. WWW.350zfreak.COM . That caused choas with some members as some of us didnt want to be known as "freaks". None of the suggestions were taken in....We were all told that this is the site, take it or leave it.

The next problem, the thread about stickers. The "leader" again, took it upon himself, to design stickers for our "club." It brought up the same issues as before..the members suggestions were not being taken in. Everyone has to have a say in what sticker logo would go on thier car, but the "leader" didnt listen and gave us the "my way or the highway" speech. Obviously, most of us took the highway.

A new thread was started by the former "leader" stating that the so cal club was now a private members only club. I took the initiative to start a different thread asking for group name suggestions. Where in this do you see a hostile takeover? Hmm..I still dont see it..but I'm not done yet.

Lets see..about being fair...NO WHERE did I say that I am the new leader. NO WHERE do you see me saying that I want to take over ANY club. NO WHERE did you see me say that the "leader" should be fired. I stated that the leader should LISTEN to those who MADE him leader. .....I took initiative...and with that initiative, I received PLENTY of PM's and IM's and phone calls to say THANK YOU. Some of the members even POSTED to say thanks for taking the initative. But all I did, was post a thread to take down names...So I'm still not seeing the "hostile takeover" you mentioned...

Moving on....."this person doesnt even own a Z And said person is also talking about excluding some people out of the votes because they don't live in california and they didn't show up to the hooters event. That all sounds fine and I can understand excluding some people from a club to vote but wouldn't it make sense the exclude non z owners also????"

Hmm...lets see..did you actually READ the posts, or did you just read MINE and base your decision solely on that? If you would go back and read....I am not the only person who said people that live outside of Cali couldnt vote. But I dont mind you singling ME out. Why would we want a person who lives in NY to be able to have a say in what the SO CAL group would be called? NEVER did I say that if they cant make the hooters event, they cant vote. AGAIN, if you go back and READ the posts, I said if you CANT make it, PM BullishZ to get your vote counted. How did you misread that as me saying you can't vote unless you went to that event?? I wasnt even sure MYSELF if I was going to attend so I PM'd Bullish my vote, JUST IN CASE.

And for not owning a Z....hmmm lets seee.....Obviously, if you would go back and read the thread again...you would notice that I was trying to INCLUDE more than EXCLUDE. On our last run, we had a Porsche and a Vette join us..Last time I checked, THOSE AREN'T Z's.....But NO ONE had a problem with them joining us on the run...I didnt see anyone going up to them to say "you know what..sorry guys..but you arent part of the 350z club, so you cant join us"....This group is about the PEOPLE>.....maybe you should go back and read some more posts....I organized a bbq at the park. It was more about the PEOPLE there, than it was about the cars there..but you not attending any of these functions, I can see how you wouldnt observe that.

On one of the other posts, you mentioned that you thought I was the leader....If you go back to that post, you can READ and see that I am NOT the leader. No where did I say I was a leader, nor did I want the responsibility. I posted threads to get suggestions on where we wanted this So Cal group to go.

Oh yea, you're right..I do not technicially OWN a Z...But if you would like to get technical..I bet about 10% or LESS of these So Cal members do not own their Z's either.......THE BANK OWNS THE Z UNTIL IT IS PAID OFF.......And some of these forum members don't even have THAT option..They are LEASING, which means you get the OPTION to buy it, once your lease is up....So if we were to have a "club" with only 350Z owners, you could probably count the # of members on ONE HAND....Which are you? An owner? Meaning you have the pink slip? Or are you still paying on yours too? Or do you lease yours?
Old 05-03-2004, 02:54 PM
bobowah

ok... everyone I know it's hot outside. Let cool our jets here.

neocypher... you do have your opinions. you are welcome to voice your opinions. however it's not nice to point fingers.

callmeaflirt: calm down. if he points his finger so be it. your modesty will make you a better person.

bullishz: good point about victor.

Remember we are all enthusiasts of the 350z. That is our common bond. just remember Shift_Zenthusiasm. Not Shift_CatFight.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:06 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Originally posted by neocypher
Hi I'm new to this forum and haven't attended any of the events yet. I was planning on attending the hooters event this past weekend but decided to opt out. Reason being I was greatly dissappointed at the recent events surrounding the formation of a SoCal club. I'll try my hardest not to pick on anyone but being an outsider and activly participating in the forums at the onset of the trouble I can honestly say that I'm not predisposed to see the current person spearhead this effort. The way I see it ... it was a hostile takeover. This same person stated in an earlier post that the current leader was not fit to serve his post then stated that a club was not needed. Then a few days later she decides to post a thread asking for ideas for a name to start up a club .... I don't know about the rest of you but this is not right. This person talks about being fair and if you read back on the threads this person is full of it.

Also as i understand this person doesn't even own a Z. And said person is also talking about excluding some people out of the votes because they don't live in california and they didn't show up to the hooters event. That all sounds fine and I can understand excluding some people from a club to vote but wouldn't it make sense the exclude non z owners also????
I don't know you, but you are WAY out of your element here.

#1 - I am a relative newbie being on this forum, and with this group as of last October. I do not attend every meeting and/or event, as I also opted not to go to the Hooters event (which I now totally regret, but that's Jen)....my vote WAS counted, as I chimed in with the rest on the name voting thread.

#2 - Hostile takeover? You are wrong again. Bullish and Lysa were shunned for speaking their minds, and for the minds of others. Ron did have a good thing going, and probably still does with his group. But unfortunately he was not willing to let others think or speak for themselves. Our group as it stands now, is open to everything and anything, within reason, and without hurting people purposely (which some continue to do, but we won't go there).

#3 - Many memebers still are not sure whether we actually need a club, club name, and anyone running it. I think I can safely say, that the majority of THIS group just wants to be able to hang out, spend as much time together as possible, and enjoy a common interest. Nobody is arm pulling, tooth pulling, nagging, or strong arming anyone. We are all free to choose what event we do or not want to attend, and that is that! Why do you choose to even bring any of this up, and start more ungliness? We have had our share, and had moved on (Hooters event this past weekend). Why go out of your way to provoke more ugliness again. Mind you, you do have your right to speak your mind, but since you have already opted to label all of us as a group, then it appears you are probably/possibly not one of us. So why bother stirring up sh*t??? We have had our fill of it, and we have gotten past it, or are at least trying to. You are just perpetuating a snowball effect. If you do not want to be a part of "US", then I suggest you please refrain from throwing negatives towards this group. We have had enough already!

#4 - Nobody is trying to exclude anybody. We for the most part live in the SoCal area, that's all. Some people came from Hemet to Lysa and Kash's bash. I didn't see anyone in the group telling them to leave. NorCal, SoCal, LowCal.....who the hEll cares! The group as is stands now is just trying to maintain a group atmosphere, after being thrown into a tailspin. Bad apples need not apply!

#5 - Lysa......as it stands now is the closest friend I have here. ( Me tinks she's a little miffed I wasn't at Hooters....and again, I regret not going).....but she is an incredible person, who is loving, caring, giving, and always looking to make others happy. What difference does it make whether she owns the car outright or not? So her b/f owns it. They have BOTH gone more than out of their way since they hooked up with everyone here planning events. She has done more than the rest of us who actually own our cars. So what does that say about us then? I'm sure you have something to add here?

Bottom line is, you don't know these people. I do to some degree, as I have met many of the same faces since last October. Being new to this country is very hard for me. I feel very lonely and lost most of the time. But when I am with everyone, Bullish, Lysa, Kash, Dan, Pat, Jeff & Jane, Amy, Tom, Jash & Ashley, SizongZ, Linda & Jeff, Jen & Jeff, TJ, Sharif, Clint & Mary, Mario & Nathalie, Ed and Patty, John, (God I know I'm forgetting names, don't kill the messenger), I feel like someone is there for me. Someone cares, someone wants to be my friend.

People in this groups listen to each other, and take each other into consideration. That was not something we had in the past. We had it amongst ourselves, but the direction was wrong. Now we are heading in "OUR OWN DIRECTION!".

If we are not for you, then that is fine. Maybe you will find a groupd to suit your needs and values. But for now, I think we have the best group of people going. I love seeing everyone, and wish it were easier to be together more often. I am sure many others think the same way.....
Old 05-03-2004, 03:31 PM
neocypher
Banned

actions speak louder than words and as far as i see it... you are power hungry
Old 05-03-2004, 03:35 PM
neocypher
Banned

by using such tactics as flaming others ...well her AIM handle says it all "ghetto"
Old 05-03-2004, 03:38 PM
EL Diablo

Hostile Take Over.

I like that one Bro

Can I be General EL Diablo in your fantasy?
Old 05-03-2004, 03:44 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Originally posted by neocypher
actions speak louder than words and as far as i see it... you are power hungry
If actions speak louder than words, then you should have kept your mouth shut, no????

Who's flaming others? YOU ARE!!! Did you read what you wrote first, or did you type it blindly with an empty head? You get what you give.....flame, and you will be flamed!

FLAME ON!!!
Old 05-03-2004, 03:47 PM
callmeaflirt

Who am I flaming? You are the one who came in here saying "IM not going to point fingers but..." and thats exactly what you did. And what does my aim handle have to do with this??? Kinda confused..You dont really make much sense...nor do you have any back up to your opinions...What am I power hungry for?

I noticed you didnt answer my questions....nor did you respond to any body else.. You came in here to single me out. That is fine. Have your opinion..as OFF as it may be. But it seems to me as though YOU are the one who is power hungry....You bring up an old thread and instigate some more trash talking....Like I said..You dont make any sense.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:52 PM
cbwidebodyz

HEY NEOCYPER...
DROP IT.. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED IN THE PAST OR YOU JUST CANT IT READ IT CORRECTLY. PERSONALY IF YOU WANT TO KEEP ATTACKING MY BETTER HALF I WOULD HAVE TO SHOW YOU "HOSTILE". AND BELIVE ME I AM NOT AS NICE AS HER. SO TAKE A WALK.. OR COME BACK AND KEEP TALKING ****... BUT TAKE THE TIME TO REALIZE YOU ARE POSTING BULL. LYSA DID NOT PLAN THE HOOTERS MEET. BULLISH DID. "ERIC YOU DID A NICE JOB" NEOCYPHER YOU SEEM NARROW MINDED.. SO KEEP POSTING BULL AND THE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD WILL GET TIRED OF YOU. SO IF YOU WANT TO START **** AFTER EVERYONE STRAIGHTENED THINGS OUT GO AHEAD. BUT DONT GET MAD WHEN PEOPLE TURN ON YOU. WE HAD FUN THIS WEEKEND AT THE MEET.. SHOW ME ONE PERSON THAT LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE TAKING OVER..

JUST DEFENDING THE HONOR OF MY LOVELY LADY...KASH
Old 05-03-2004, 04:05 PM
BullishZ

Neocypher, I still invite you to come out to one of our gatherings to join us. I'm sure you'll have a great time. If not, I'll pay for your tank of gas.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:06 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So much drama.....

Kash is definitely right, everyone had a good time. You would never have known that any of this bull$hit was going on if you didnt read the boards. Stuff tends to blow up quick online.

I appreciate the efforts of all those who have taken their personal time to organize and plan events and I believe most other members do as well.

Kash, I hope you and Lysa can make it to the run in Palomar this coming weekend!
Old 05-03-2004, 05:11 PM
bobowah

neocypher cool your jets already.

go to jamba and have a cold smoothy or go get a nice frothy starbacks frap... I know it's 101 here in LA but therre's no reason to antagonize everyone.

And everyone else chill out... jen & lysa let's let this die all ready.
yes you might need to stand up for yourself however if you ignore it, it will go away don't take it so personal.

otherwise just lock and close the thread.

Quick Reply: When can we vote on group names..? Read here.....