Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

When can we vote on group names..? Read here.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 02:26 PM
callmeaflirt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When can we vote on group names..? Read here.....

We have 23 different group names. The vote will be done at Eric's Hooters event this Saturday. If you can't make it, you can PM him with your vote so you don't feel as though your vote doesnt count. Here is the list of names again...Feel free to attend the Hooters event to get your vote counted, or PM BullishZ.

Thanks..

Lysa

1. Z Rider
2. Z Crew
3. Sunset Z Team
4. Z Unclub
5. 350 Team Z (Z Team 350)
6. So Cal Z33
7. So Cal Z Crew
8.So Cal Z RiderZ
9. So Cal Team Z
10. Shift_Z
11. SoCal 350Z Club
12. SoCal A to Z Club
13. CarZ
14. So Cal Motoring Group (SCMG or SMG)
15. SoCrew
16. Z-Fu
17. Socal350z.com
18. So Cal Z33 Crew
19. SOCAL
20. 3FIVEZEROZ
21. Z-Unit
22. Z-Friends
23. SoCal Z Friendsw
24. Team Shift_Z
Old 04-26-2004, 04:40 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a couple suggesstions:

You should go through a couple voting processes before selecting a final name. Kinda like having a primary. With 23 names, and what, maybe 30 or so people voting, you could have the winning name be favored by only 3 people. Twenty seven people might be pissed that the name of the club is confirmed as CarZ.

Doubtful that will happen, but it's eliminating irregularities such as this that make the results more meaningful, and more accepted by those who then abide by the results.

I'm kinda surprised you ended the name suggesstions already. The thread was only started on Friday, and Monday you have closed it? Someone like SnoopyZ (who I saw was logged in today - "Hi SnoopyZ!") didn't even get a chance to suggest a name. He might have the winner in his head right now.

And who gets to vote? I suggest you only have club members vote on the name. But that brings up another sticky issue - who are the members? If nbdyfcnsqnc wants to vote, can he? (No offense Todd - just an example). He lives in So Cal, drives a Z, but I've never seen much interest from him in particpating in a car club, or going on a run. But who's to say he might not want to start now - so let him vote. I guess.

I know some people are quite anxious to get the name applied, but in the big picture, what's the hurry, especially if hurrying the process can lead to problems. When you think about it, all Mr Twisted did was hurry the process, and look how that worked out.

I see lots of activities being planned for the area, and all are going to happen with or without a 'club name' attached to it.

I hate to be the one who seems to always be raining on the parade, but I can't believe I'm the only who thinks like this. Well, I guess I could be. I only saw one other person on a skateboard at the car show, and the lil kid beat me in a race. (I'm stock - his skate was modded for sure).

Feel free to disregard whatever I say. It honestly won't hurt my feelings. I feel better about whatever decisions get made by including my thoughts, so as not to regret not ever mentioning them.

"It's better to have loved and lost....
then never to have played tennis before".
Old 04-26-2004, 05:18 PM
callmeaflirt

Ok Jeff....Lets start w/ the first issue you mentioned...

"You should go through a couple voting processes..."
That WILL be done. In another thread (that I had the moderator delete), we discussed that issue and your same issue was brought up. We will have a round 2 of voting, after the top 3 or 5 are chosen from the group of 24. We might even have a round 3, depending on how everything goes. I understand what you mean about the majority winning by 3, that is the point of not just having ONE round of voting. The vote at Hooters will not be the final decision.

"I'm kinda surprised you ended the name suggesstions already. "
As for that one....the thread was started on Friday...By Sunday afternoon, there were already 20+ names...If we would have waited another week, the voting process would have been 35+ names...I tried to eliminate that..The 20+ names that we already have, are too many as is. But that is why the round 2 of voting.

"And who gets to vote?"
This was yet another issue that was brought up on the deleted post. It was brought up that anyone could vote, people in Timbuktu or Wala Wala Washington. We don't want that. In order to make it fair, we are holding the voting at the Hooters event. Those who can not make it, can submit their vote via PM to BullishZ. Some of the members would rather not have folks from NY or Texas deciding how the So Cal group would be named. Anyone in So Cal is invited to vote. We are not excluding any So Cal members...

"When you think about it, all Mr Twisted did was hurry the process, and look how that worked out."
Ummmm...I'd almost rather NOT comment on this because of the last weeks events...BUT, I dont think this is at ALL how it worked out. The point here was to brainstorm ideas. Over 20 names were submitted in 3 days. Its easier to get the top 3 or 5 names out of 20, then it would be to get the top 3 or 5 names out of 35 or even 50. Rushing is one thing....The way it was going down before, had nothing to do with rushing at all. It was one leader making decisions for the rest of us. This is not how we are doing this. We have 20+ names and that is waaay more than enough, in my opinion.

I think I answered all your issues...I wouldn't disregard what you say..I respect MOST opinions and love to hear suggestions. I honestly did not want to get stuck with 50 names..Its harder to decide what you want...

And you are correct, events will go on with or without a club name. I will attend these events even if I have no ties to them. I attend and organize events because I enjoy it. I love meeting new people and love putting the names to faces. It has always been an enjoyable experience for me, and thus far, has been WITHOUT a club name.

Hope I did not offend you in any way...I DID put this disclaimer in another thread, but no one cared. So I DO want you to know that all of what I just said is strickly MY OPINION. I am only speaking for myself, not on behalf of anyone else.

Thanks
Lysa

PS I saw the pics of Fuz-Zee...cutie
Old 04-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Hunter Z
Banned

Default Suggestion as to who can vote

I know that this might be kind of hard to police, but I think Lysa knows just about everyone in the informal SoCal 350Z Club. I think that anyone who has showed up to at least one of the get togethers over the past year is entitled to vote. That includes, by way of example and not limitation, the Torrance BBQ last month, the meet at the Sports Bar in Torrance the month before, the Latigo Canyon run, any Hooters meets that have already occurred by the time of the vote, the meet where the vote is to be taken, any of the other canyon runs (Mulholland Hiway, Angeles Crest, etc.).

That would be the ideal. How you prove your right to vote is another question. All I am saying is that people who have showed their interest in this club by coming out to at least one event are the "members" who should be able to vote.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:27 PM
callmeaflirt

Hmm...I KNOW I dont know everyone...but I'll TRY to meet everyone SOON!

And thats a good suggestion...If you have attended at least one meet...but what about those who have been soo busy they couldnt attend one...? Hmm...what to do..what to do..>?

Lysa
Old 04-26-2004, 06:58 PM
Scafremon

>> The vote at Hooters will not be the final decision.

Oh. I Didn’t know. I never saw the deleted thread.

>> The 20+ names that we already have, are too many as is.

I wasn’t aware of that.

>> Some of the members would rather not have folks from NY or Texas deciding how the So Cal group would be named.

Some is probably an understatement, as I think all would agree on this.

>> Anyone in So Cal is invited to vote.

Like you have mentioned in a post after this, maybe this statement isn’t really true, which was the point of my example.

>> We have 20+ names and that is waaay more than enough, in my opinion.

I understand that this is your opinion.

>> So I DO want you to know that all of what I just said is strickly MY OPINION. I am only speaking for myself, not on behalf of anyone else.

I understand this. And yet, you ARE making decisions for everyone else. I’m sure you know this, and I am not saying there is anything wrong with it. The people are following you, and they are allowing you to determine their next step.

YOU decided when the people have enough names to choose from, it just happens you chose 20+, and Ron only chose 1. It seems everyone is ok with this ....

YOU decided that the meetings will be held Sundays or Saturday, morning or evening, and then defined what morning means. It seems everyone is ok with this....

YOU are making the decisions. If you get a response or two in a thread that supports your idea, you consider that enough input to continue to the next step.

Lysa,

It is a wealth of power that this forum’s members semed to have bestowed upon you, much as they did with Ron – until the people felt that he f’d up. The majority of posts on this forum were nothing but undying praise for what Ron was doing – until the people felt that he f’d up.

If you take my post the correct way, it will make you stronger. I hope you understand this.

>> PS I saw the pics of Fuz-Zee...cutie
Thanks. Since she isn’t looking right now, here is an ‘outtake’.

Last edited by Scafremon; 04-26-2004 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:12 PM
jeffa

Jeff:
Please don't take this the wrong way, but:

As I posted in another thread, the best part of this group is being able to make suggestions that the GROUP can decide on. I pointed out that it takes someone to make suggestions, and the group would decide on them. As I see it, the names have been put forth, and the GROUP is digesting the information. If the GROUP has issues with what Lysa has suggested, then members of the GROUP will speak up with opinions. (This GROUP thing, are you getting my drift?)

Since I don't see the GROUP having major issues with what Lysa has suggested, I believe that we should follow the course of the suggestions and put them to a vote by the GROUP.

Again, please don't take this the wrong way, but I sense that your agenda is to get us to join the GroupZ club. I have been to more than one of their meetings, and to say I was underwhelmed is an understatement. While we all share a mutual interest in the heritage of the Z car, I don't think (from my point of view anyway) that this is a club, group, whatever, that I would be interested in. Too formal for my tastes, IMHO.

The reason that our INFORMAL group is so successful, in my opinion, is because we are informal. As soon as we become a FORMAL type club, with officers and bylaws, I believe we will loose the spontineaty (sp) that makes us what we are...a GROUP of people that want to hang together without the hassles of a "formal" club. That is why the So Cal F body group has been around for over 7 years. They have followed this informal group thing and it really works. I'm all for a website to promote the 350z and our group, whatever we end up calling ourselves, but more of a discussion of activities and GROUP pics and such.

I got it...we can be the...."unclub club"

Again, Jeff, please don't take any of this as a personal attack, just my take on the situation.

Wow, I guess I'm done, so stick a fork in me...

Now back to your regularly scheduled program...
Old 04-26-2004, 10:51 PM
Scafremon

Jeff: (I feel like I am talking to myself)

Thanks for replying. I sincerely appreciate you making sure I won't take your post the wrong way, and please believe me when I say I do not. As long as we stay away from personal attacks, I know we can discuss this without risk of hurting/preventing friendships.

I understand the concept behind the GROUP thingy. I like to think in some obscure way that I am a part of this group. By posting my thoughts on issues, I am simply stating my opinions, with no more weight attached to my opinions then anyone elses. In some cases, I may just be the first to spout out what others are thinking, and in some cases my ideas may not coincide with the group.

You are basically correct (sorta) in my agenda, in trying to get people to cast an eye towards GroupZ. Your statement of being underwhelmed is shared by (sit down for this one) me! I am underwhelmed by what GroupZ meetings currently consist of. I've sat in those meetings for an hour, with $5 in raffle tickets, wondering WTF am I doing here, as there is nothing there on the raffle table for me to even fake like I would enjoy winning it. I WANT TO GO HOME is what is pulsing through my head.

But if you were there, and Lysa, Pat, Dan, Jen, Eric, John, Steve, Bill, Chris, Oprah, Kobe.....you guys/gals, things could be better.

Think about it: We wouldn't be going through all these gyrations right now - it's done!

I get the feeling that no one here wants to show disregard for the owners of the older Z's. So the train of thought seems to be that we create something outside of that organization. My thought is we embrace that generation of Z owners, that generation of Z cars.

You mentioned the fork, and I should fork on this post.

Thanks for posting Jeff. Everyone else is probably pissed at you for pulling my string, and causing this rant, but please know that it's ok by me.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:53 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Wow, all this is becoming old news and dreadfully painful to read. Bickering, nastiness, back and forth....I wanted to be part of a group of people who love their cars, and who want to make lasting friendships. Not childish behaviour slamming one another thread to thread, post to post.....You said this, he said that, bla bla bla bla bla.....if everyone is gonna continue to be nasty with each other, I am gonna bail out for good. It's too much energy to be reading so much negativity......
Old 04-26-2004, 10:59 PM
SnoopyZ

Originally posted by Scafremon

I'm kinda surprised you ended the name suggesstions already. The thread was only started on Friday, and Monday you have closed it? Someone like SnoopyZ (who I saw was logged in today - "Hi SnoopyZ!") didn't even get a chance to suggest a name. He might have the winner in his head right now.
Hi Scafremon! Long time no see! Thanks for thinkin bout me hehe...
Old 04-26-2004, 11:15 PM
Scafremon

Originally posted by Luv Mntrl
Wow, all this is becoming old news and dreadfully painful to read. Bickering, nastiness, back and forth....I wanted to be part of a group of people who love their cars, and who want to make lasting friendships. Not childish behaviour slamming one another thread to thread, post to post.....You said this, he said that, bla bla bla bla bla.....if everyone is gonna continue to be nasty with each other, I am gonna bail out for good. It's too much energy to be reading so much negativity......
Bickering? Nastiness? Childish behaviour? Slamming? Nasty?

Where?
Old 04-26-2004, 11:16 PM
jeffa

Ok, where to start:

Jen:
Please don't take my post as bickering. I tried, in a round about way, to support Lysa and her efforts to try to forge ahead with our group concept. Picking a name is a start to bigger and better things from this group. I would hate to see you leave this group over some perceived bickering on my part, or any other person expressing an opinion different than the mainstream thinking process we are trying to achieve.

Jeff:
The post was not meant to "pull your string". It was expresing my honest feelings. My comments were intended to be a positive message to getting our group focused and moving ahead.

I hardly think any one will be pissed off about the contents of that post.

Peace......
Old 04-26-2004, 11:40 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Originally posted by jeffa
Ok, where to start:

Jen:
Please don't take my post as bickering. I tried, in a round about way, to support Lysa and her efforts to try to forge ahead with our group concept. Picking a name is a start to bigger and better things from this group. I would hate to see you leave this group over some perceived bickering on my part, or any other person expressing an opinion different than the mainstream thinking process we are trying to achieve.

Jeff:
The post was not meant to "pull your string". It was expresing my honest feelings. My comments were intended to be a positive message to getting our group focused and moving ahead.

Peace......
No Jeff, not you in particular, nobody in particular....but it just seems that since all this stuff erupted, it all seems so complicated, and I read things I find un-necessary. Maybe it's cause I'm a little touchy and take things personal even if it's not directed at me.....Opinions are fine, I have them and voice them too, mind you not as much as I would like, and I often keep it cleaner than I would like to......I think all of that previous nastiness just dragged me down, and I am kinda out of the loop. I also possibly mis-read Scafremon's response to Lisa, but YOU YOU YOU didn't rub me the right way either.

Think I will take a break from all of this for a while, until things are resolved and set in place and in motion. Not angry with anyone at all, please don't take this the wrong way either. Don't feel I have anything worthy to interject for now.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:41 PM
Scafremon

Originally posted by jeffa
Jeff:

Peace......
I know that was not your intention Jeff, and I'm glad you shared your feelings. I read it just as you itended. And as for anyone getting pissed, it wouldn't be about your post, but mine.

It's kinda humorous to me, in that given my obvious GroupZ agenda (which isn't really an agenda, but an option I wanted people to think about), I have been very supportive of the alternative option. My recommendations (such as in this thread) should either strengthen the creation of the club, or cause people to pause, and rethink the direction.

And neither of those do I see as bad things.

Others do.

Last edited by Scafremon; 04-26-2004 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:54 PM
Scafremon

Originally posted by Luv Mntrl
I also possibly mis-read Scafremon's response to Lisa, but YOU YOU YOU didn't rub me the right way either.
Because YOU was capitilized?

Do you think you are applying your criticizm of emphazing words fairly across the board?
Old 04-27-2004, 07:06 AM
callmeaflirt

Jeff, (Scafremon)
"I understand this. And yet, you ARE making decisions for everyone else. I’m sure you know this, and I am not saying there is anything wrong with it. The people are following you, and they are allowing you to determine their next step. "

I am not making decisions for everyone else...NOT at all....I am only making decisions based on the feedback I receive from other forum members.

"YOU decided when the people have enough names to choose from, it just happens you chose 20+, and Ron only chose 1. It seems everyone is ok with this ...."

I think by having 20 names, compared to just having ONE, it gives a CHOICE. That was the prob with Ron, he didnt give anyone a choice. He basically said, "here, this is our name..live with it". By having 20+ names, people have a choice on the name. They will get to vote and have a say in the name.

"YOU decided that the meetings will be held Sundays or Saturday, morning or evening, and then defined what morning means. It seems everyone is ok with this...."

Hmmmm...I decided? If you go back and read some of your GroupZ related posts, we were ALL discussing that Thursday was not the best day for a meeting, the fact that it was during the week....Others said weekends work better...Even at the last event, the Latigo Run, we discussed it, and weekends always seemed to work out better for everyone. Now had I just said "We are having the meeting Saturday at 9am", THEN I could see you thinking that I was the only one making the decision. However, I did the poll, and gave 4 different options. How do you construe that as ME making the decision? Would it have been better if I gave 21 different suggestions? (Monday morning, afternoon, evening....Tuesday morning, afternoon, evening....., etc)...I didnt make the decision on my own. Again, it was from feedback from other members where I narrowed it down to those 4 suggestions.

"YOU are making the decisions. If you get a response or two in a thread that supports your idea, you consider that enough input to continue to the next step. "

Most of these are not just MY ideas....You are making it seem as though I am trying to take the job of Ron, and Im doing the same things that HE was doing. This is NOT the case at all. For one, I am NOT the leader of this "club" or group. I am just taking the initiative to get suggestions and answers from forum members. I think Ron did a great job, up until he made it clear that it was his way or no way. That is NOT my intention. I am basically starting the threads to find out some sort of structure. To get others opinions or ideas on where this "club" would want to go. I am in no way a leader or in "charge" of this group. I am simply making it easier for those who dont want to START a post, but DO want to give their suggestions..

"Lysa,

It is a wealth of power that this forum’s members semed to have bestowed upon you, much as they did with Ron – until the people felt that he f’d up. The majority of posts on this forum were nothing but undying praise for what Ron was doing – until the people felt that he f’d up. "

The wealth of power..? I dont have any power. No one has bestowed anything upon me....The Ron issue... Of course everyone had praise for him, until he STOPPED listening to the members...It wasnt as though people thought he f'd up. They just wanted to be heard, as I did....And he didnt give them that choice. And honestly, I think that if the forum members viewed me as a so-called "leader" and they thought I f'd up, THESE people would be the first to tell me...But I havent heard ANYTHING bad...Ive had tons of PM's, phone calls, and IM's on AOL to tell me how GREAT of a job that I am doing. If they thought I was doing a bad job, I would be the second to know. And what would I be f'ing up? I am just trying to organize and see what type of structure is wanted within the group.

I think most of the members see the fact that you are trying to get us to join GroupZ. I, however, have no interest to join them. I would like to be directly involved with what they do and with a group that size, I dont think my voice would be heard...BUT, do not take this in any way to mean that I dont like GroupZ or anything like that. I have said before, they are a fine group of people. They are just not for ME. I prefer our smaller group. Thats just my opinion.

As for JeffA, thank you..I appreciate the back up and support...You and Jane have stayed late with us on BOTH of the events that I organized, to help us clean up, or just to talk... Im so glad we met you guys...You are the support we need Thanks (Sux you couldnt make it to the Latigo run!)

Lysa
(PS> Oh yea, please dont take this as offensive in any way. Again, I am just stating MY opinion..and by the way, Fuz-zee outtake...HAHAHAHA, thanks for the laugh )

Last edited by callmeaflirt; 04-27-2004 at 07:41 AM.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:46 AM
callmeaflirt

Oh yea ..one more thing....
Another name was PM'd to me...

#25 on the list... SoCalZ

That is where MY vote is going

Lysa
Old 04-27-2004, 10:38 AM
hfm

Aw geeze. I don't think I can stand any more drama. I've had my fill the past couple of days.

The problem with posts on a forum is that tone is omitted in the discussion. Things can easily be misinterpreted or misunderstood, even when made by clear posters. Moreover, once something is said, it's hard to take it back or change your mind.

As for Lysa's help organizing things, I appreciate the efforts. I think she's doing a great job organizing, and importantly this should not be mistaken as leading. As for Jeff's desire for us to examine GroupZ, that's not off the table. There is another thread covering that front. And as for JeffA's comments, I think he's pretty much dead on with his points.

Why don't we just talk more about this at Hooters and we can all discuss this rationally.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:18 PM
thumper90501

hehe...hooters is/are the ultimate cure for ill will...lol

But for me...i will attend soley for the great chicken wings...

...and with blinders on per my wife's instructions!
Old 04-28-2004, 09:51 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

I mentioned this in another post but the

"Shift"_tagline

IS a registered trademark of Nissan

Quick Reply: When can we vote on group names..? Read here.....