Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

We need a So. Cal. Moderator

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 08:02 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default We need a So. Cal. Moderator

This regional forum is the largest on the forum. It's been brought up before but up until this recent troll, I didn't think a moderator was necessary. I've changed my mind.

Please consider a level headed individual for a moderator position for this forum. Thank you.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:04 PM
EL Diablo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I agree.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:06 PM
BullishZ

I agree.... I thought the SAME THING like 6 months ago when I posted a similar thread. I hope we get one this time.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:30 PM
K0mput3r
Banned

Yeah, I agree too. Nobody wants "TROLLS" running around in the 350z forums, i mean think of the children!
*there is no emoticon for the way I feel right now*

Last edited by K0mput3r; 05-05-2004 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:50 PM
ZuprCar

I wish there was a VTD option where after a certain number of members have voted (and you can only vote once), the post/reply gets deleted. Think three strikes, you're out (but one strike doesn't equal one vote). This is different than banning the member (which I think should be a mod only feature). The deleted post would show up in the poster's history as being VTD'd by members.

I also wish threads should get locked after a certain number of days since the initial post was made. This helps cut down on old threads being brought up again and flame wars starting all over.

And my third and final wish would be the site owner/admins/anyone?? create MY350Z.COM stickers/frames/etc. for sale through the forum (profits go to help run the site?), so those wanting to display their enthusiasm for the 350Z can choose to be recognized as a member of one of the best and largest 350Z forums online. No more club/group name drama and wondering if that Z you saw earlier is a member of the forum.

But of course, these are just some of the changes I dream about. My ideal forum would be the above plus a non-UBB layout and good moderators that keep threads on topic......like another forum I go to. Guess I can't have the best of both worlds.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:09 PM
neocypher
Banned

I agree with you ZuprCar wholeheartdly....
this whole mess started out with the notion of starting a club then a mutany....
Old 05-05-2004, 10:17 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

I've been gone for 3 hours. The last time someone asked for a socal mod, I had been asleep for 6 hours. If you need 24 hour supervision, I don't know what you think adding a socal mod would accomplish.

Some people around here need to grow up and ignore trouble-makers. If you react to them, they're just going to keep making touble. If you don't already know about it, let me introduce you to the "ignore list." It's a brilliant thing, and works flawlessly.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:17 AM
tbcz

Until such time as there is a mod for the SoCal forum just let us know when there are problems...like nbdy mentioned you will never have 24 hour monitoring, but one of the current mod staff is usually around 75% of the time. We'll take care of business.

btw...neocypher and KOmput3r are (not surprisingly) the same person and both are banned. I will look into this troll's other screen names.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:51 AM
EL Diablo

Todd and tbcz
Thanks guys. You responded to this quickly.
I am sure everyone appreciates your help.

Your right the Troll(s) should just be ignored.
if no one responds to them they will fade away.
They are only looking to cause Drama.

It's just one Pissed off angry hateful person causing all the trouble. Maybe 2 from the same household. hmmm

Cant wait to see what other names they have on the board

Again thanks.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:25 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you nbdy and tbcz. You handled the problem promptly and properly. And, I think you're right. A So. Cal. moderator wouldn't result in 24 hour monitoring.

I have a hard time ignoring abusive posters. So, I'll just take a moment again to thank all the moderators for there time, energy and efforts in keeping the forum free from harrassment and abuse. It's very much appreciated.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:28 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I remember Bobowa had requested for a mod and that idea was shot down like there is no tomorrow... what happened here? Did we have a troll attack? What did I miss!?

I think the best thing to do is to PM mods about trolls or "bad" posts and they will take care of them... hopefully timely.

BTW, can other forum mods moderate other forums? Say can a Nor Cal forum mod delete posts in So Cal forum? if so, there should be a mod around that can help you out if you go to "Who's Online".
Old 05-06-2004, 09:41 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

just ignore the jackasses
Old 05-06-2004, 09:48 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Originally posted by SHO-TIME
I think the best thing to do is to PM mods about trolls or "bad" posts and they will take care of them... hopefully timely.
And that's exactly what I did

Not surprised at all that they were one and the same...wouldn't be surprised if we know them too

Thanks for acting so quickly...wished I brought it to your attention earlier

Last edited by AudioPat; 05-06-2004 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:01 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

>> if so, there should be a mod around that can help you out if you go to "Who's Online".

Yeap, all the mods have equal access to all the forums, and that's a good idea.

Also, I didn't mean to sound opposed to having more mods or someone else from CA here. I'm just saying I don't think that's going to address the problem at hand.