Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Where did everyone go?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 07:05 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where did everyone go?

I feel like I am at the wrong end of a 'ditch-em' game.

Jeff (Tempted to start a controversial thread about one of the usual-suspects to get some life into this forum)
Old 05-12-2004, 07:35 PM
BullishZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff, I'm here... but I'm going to NYC soon for a company event, so I have been tied down.

Would someone like to host a meet?
Old 05-12-2004, 09:14 PM
hfm

Still here. But so damn tired of all the drama. I'm going to do this Friday night gig posted on another thread and take a couple months off before another canyon run in August.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:17 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Yup, think many of tired of the drama queens taking over. Not too much excited on this forum these days. And guess everyone has a life too.....hopefully we'll all hook up soon. If I could get this damn house finished fast enough, I'd have the party.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:18 PM
Phatmitzu

Still here yo. I was wondering the same for these couple of days...
but I thought everyone is just busy putting on mods before the next meet
Old 05-12-2004, 10:53 PM
EL Diablo

Burp
Old 05-12-2004, 11:26 PM
BoostTed

Still here..lurking most of the time
Old 05-13-2004, 07:03 AM
ChrisMCagle

Default Present

I'm here.

Can't get rid of me that easily!

P.S. Jeff, did you get my PM?

-Chris
Old 05-13-2004, 08:49 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I suppose someone's oughta come up with an interesting topic.

I'm planning on posting a thread for a canyon run sometime in June. Details to be posted later in a different thread, probably sometime next week. Be on the look out!
Old 05-13-2004, 09:29 PM
Scafremon

I'd really like to see if we can set up a beach get together sometime this summer. It's not real "Z" related, but I think it would be fun.

It's been while, but as I recall Doheny Beach has a long, narrow parking lot (good to get our cars kinda parked in the same vicinity). It's not a real popular beach for regular beach goers because the parking is quite a distance from the shore.

The following might sound real corny, but I'm going to throw it out there for input (or even ridicule).

At a get-together, we make some kind of game out of trying to meet as many other Z people as we can. Could be as basic as a 'checklist' to mark off members names that you met. Could be more organized like you have to collect something from each member. Something to help inivite interraction.

Speaking for myself, I'm not the most outgoing person in meeting new people. I tend to meet a few people, hang with them (much to their displeasure I'm sure ), and leave happy with the new friends I had made, but also wishing I had met some of the other people too. At our Hooters get together, there were alot of people whom I didn't meet, including new people that were at their first event, who commented that they kinda-sorta felt left out.

If we can do something (for us shy people) that encourages more interraction, I think we would all benefit.

Last edited by Scafremon; 05-13-2004 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:46 PM
SHO-TIME

Jeff,

I agree with you, a beach meet would be great!
Why don't you start a thread for the beach meet?
"Meeting as many members..." thing sounds so much like our recruiting events but why not! But when we have a huge group like we did at the Hooter's, it is really hard to meet that many people, especially b/c we were sitting at separate tables. But if we have a big meeting at a beach, it should give everyone a better chance to meet each other.

BTW, let's make a wearable name tag for the event. For me, remembering people's names are the hardest feat to do for some reason.

~don't be shy. say hi to everyone you see.~
Old 05-13-2004, 09:48 PM
rodH

I am a little confused on how the whole club thing turned out, I know that teh official name was decided on, but what are the other details?? have they been outlined yet???
Old 05-13-2004, 10:05 PM
Scafremon

Originally posted by rodH
I am a little confused on how the whole club thing turned out, I know that teh official name was decided on, but what are the other details?? have they been outlined yet???
There really haven't been any other details (that I am aware of), and I think this might be a good way to go for now (no details).

I think the nametag idea like Sho mentioned is about as detailed as we really want to get at this point.

I kinda envision people posting ideas for get-togethers, and people signing up stating if they can attend. If you already have a nametag you bring it, if not, we make one for you. Thats about as formal as I see the club right now, and in my opinion, might be a pretty good way to get things started (or keep things going, depending on how you look at it).

At some point, I could see conflicting events ( ), but maybe not. My personality is to create the rules to prevent conflicts, but a wise man once told me to not try and evaluate every possiblity and create a rule to address it. I often have trouble with that concept, but I think that may be the best path in this case.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:53 AM
Phatmitzu

I am so ready for another meet. Beach meet sounds great!
*starts working out*

BTW, did anyone had trouble keeping the "3FiverZeroZ" banner in the sig? Mod keeps on taking mine off and told me its not allowed in the signature...

Booooo!

Old 05-14-2004, 06:20 AM
EL Diablo

^ Phatmitzu

yeah bro the Mods killed my 3FiveZeroZ logo Sig.
Didnt even tell me they removed it. I thought it was a system glitch and replaced it only to see it removed again, I replaced it again and then got a warning from the mods telling me this is the last time I am going to be warned about it?

Bottom line. Seems some people are being singled out about
the Sigs. Welcome to My350z.com

Last edited by EL Diablo; 05-14-2004 at 06:23 AM.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:16 AM
ChrisMCagle

Originally posted by EL Diablo
^ Phatmitzu

yeah bro the Mods killed my 3FiveZeroZ logo Sig.
Didnt even tell me they removed it. I thought it was a system glitch and replaced it only to see it removed again, I replaced it again and then got a warning from the mods telling me this is the last time I am going to be warned about it?

Bottom line. Seems some people are being singled out about
the Sigs. Welcome to My350z.com
That's bizarre! I noticed that both my "3FIVEZEROZ" and "350ZFreak.com" logos were gone a couple days ago. I had just changed my sig to include my new Nismo Shift **** and figured I just screwed up the code somwhere. Hmmmmm... maybe the mods removed it? I haven't recieved any notice and after putting them back on, they are still in my sig so maybe I did just screw up when I updated? Why would they not want 3FIVEZEROZ logos? Are we outlaws now or something?

-Chris
Old 05-14-2004, 08:04 AM
SHO-TIME

I noticed my banner was missing last week. I put it back on. I thought it was a system glitch and had no idea mods were doing it. But WHY tho? Why is it not allowed to put our banners in the sig? I know you are not supposed to "link" to another forum website (free ads). But our "future" website is not going to be a competing site but merely an information purpose only website. Correct?
Old 05-14-2004, 08:23 AM
Phatmitzu

Originally posted by SHO-TIME
I noticed my banner was missing last week. I put it back on. I thought it was a system glitch and had no idea mods were doing it. But WHY tho? Why is it not allowed to put our banners in the sig? I know you are not supposed to "link" to another forum website (free ads). But our "future" website is not going to be a competing site but merely an information purpose only website. Correct?
Thats what I thought too. Until Mike (Mod) told me "please keep your banner for ad out of your sig". I've explained that its not an ad but just a logo that we designed for the club...still got it taken off anyway
I really dont see it any way different than posting pictures of our cars in the sig. All we wanted is to represent...

Old 05-14-2004, 11:12 AM
hpz

Jeff,

My house is near the Doheny Beach, and in this thread there is a picture (by AudioPat) showing the layout of the beach.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....0&pagenumber=1

Ha
Old 05-14-2004, 11:32 AM
Scafremon

Thanks for the pic Ha.

(I've attached it here).

The shore is closer to the parking then I had remembered.

Ha - does that stretch of beach get pretty packed during this time of year? How early would 30-40 people have to get there to be parked in the same general area? I wouldn't want to recommend that someone 'hold' spaces if the lot fills up early. Families heading out to the beach from Upland might be a little pissed if the only parking available is ropped off as 'reserved for Z's' and we tell them to find another beach.
Attached Thumbnails Where did everyone go?-dsc00611.jpg