Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

3FiveZeroZ: Whats up with our Website ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 09:02 AM
EL Diablo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3FiveZeroZ: Whats up with our Website ?

Now that we got a name for those that want it.

What about a website ?

I mentioned we could have a simple site where pics of
meets could be organized.

The dot com name is taken, I assume by a member ?

Anyone... Anyone.....
Old 05-13-2004, 09:29 AM
BullishZ

I believe Jeff aka Scafremon has bought the website.

Is anyone interested in working on the website for us, or is Jeff working on it?

We had some great suggestions for the contents, and I know Clint has a bunch of pictures of the members!

Someone step forward please!
Old 05-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eric is correct. I bought 3FiveZeroz.com a minute or two after Peter (pasadena_Z) posted the name. I immediately offered to transfer ownership of the name to Peter, and have been trying to get in touch with him to do that, if he still wants it.

I'm not sure if Peter has experience with creating websites, has a server or hosting space, etc. If not, or if he doesn't have any desire to be in charge of the web, I think we should see who among us has the skills/time/resources to be in charge of the website. I have some web skills, but enough to be in charge of the site. Plus, I'd have to buy some server space. The cost isn't a problem, but the learning curve for me to produce something we could all be proud of would be too long for me, and most likely everyone.

It really doesn't matter to me who is the owner of record of the domain name. My personal feeling is that it should be whomever is going to spend the time creating the site, that way, at least they know their efforts aren't going to be abruptly ended by someone else.

I offered it to Peter first, and I want to honor that, but at same time, I'm anxious to get something going.

Peter - please contact me and let me know what you want to do.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:38 PM
BullishZ

To everyone:

If any of you guys have some web design skills, please let us know! We could use a few good men (or women), to help us design this and get the site on.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:07 PM
desiZ

GUI/web designer/coder/programmer here .....
not quite sure what you guys have in mind for the website but I can definitely help i'm sure... used to do GUI for microsoft...

anyways... problem is time... i can only work on it on weekends since i'm a workaholic most of the week ...

we need a small team to decide what the website's gonna offer... if its just pics & videos etc & general info of meets fine... if you're talking about a separate messageboard etc... .. anyways... i'm IN .. bottom line ... :P
Old 05-13-2004, 05:16 PM
BullishZ

Now that's what I'm talkin about!

DesiZ, thanks for volunteering. I agree with you that a team of web-masters would be good. Maybe 3 of them or so. Also, I don't think we're looking for a separate message forum. Just info about meets, members, etc.

Kudos to you for committing.

Anyone else, before we start taking design and content suggestions?
Old 05-14-2004, 06:10 AM
EL Diablo

I can offer free hosting through my business.

If were looking for a simple site to host videos and
pics I can have one of my webmasters at work make us a
site that looks good.

I can also do some of the updating as long as it's not too crazy.
we usually only have an event once a month so it wouldnt be too time consuming to upload pics.

My guess is a site with pics from the events, videos if we have'em and maybe a member bio should serve it's purpose for what we are looking to do.

I dont advice a message board since this one suits us all well.

Either way lets discuss what we want to do and get that bad boy up! I figure I can get something up and running in 4 weeks or less.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:20 AM
ChrisMCagle

Default I'm in!

I have already told Jeff that I am in for working on the site. I don't have quite the level of skill that it sounds like desiZ has, but I'll do what I can with the skills I have

-Chris
Old 05-14-2004, 08:14 AM
Phatmitzu

Nice. I wish I know how to design websites.
I do know how to photoshop/image ready tho. Any my GF is good at video editing. Nothing fancy...just wanna help out.

Old 05-14-2004, 08:56 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes I would love to see a site for us. I really have no web design skills so I could not help with that but I can't wait till we set one up.
Old 05-14-2004, 09:54 AM
BullishZ

Ok... I think it'll be good for El Diablo, DesiZ, Phatmitzu and ChrisMCagle to hook up via email or phone to start talking about this. Seems like we have a good direction of things to do.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:25 AM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

I can help with video as well.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:41 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Guys I would love to help but I don't have web design skills. If there is anything else you need let me know. How about some license plates with the 3fivezeroz logo's or some decals for those who wants them. I have a friend who has a logo and decal business who can get us some license plate's that are chrome with a decal that has our logo. He did one for me and i'll post pics soon. Ed
Old 05-14-2004, 01:49 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Ok guys here is a idea...amy color frame metal or plastic and any color decal for a plate. I think engraving is better but this is just a alternative for us. Let me know if this is something you guys like. I prefer engraving on a plate but I got this free...Power 2 excel is a clothing brand me and my friends are working out. Clint I know what you're thinking but I had to rep my hometown...

Old 05-15-2004, 06:18 AM
kbirdsong

One nice rear deserves another LOL
Attached Thumbnails 3FiveZeroZ: Whats up with our Website ?-p1010026desktopweb.jpg  
Old 05-15-2004, 09:22 AM
hfm

Originally posted by skar 718
Ok guys here is a idea...amy color frame metal or plastic and any color decal for a plate. I think engraving is better but this is just a alternative for us.
Hey that's great. I need to get rid of my Nismo plate. How much for engraved or unengraved?
Old 05-15-2004, 10:27 AM
kiliki76

Default Re: 3FiveZeroZ: Whats up with our Website ?

Hello all, just found out about these forums and your car club. I drive a black 04 roadster with a partial Stillen kit. I am very interested in joining a good club (either import or 350z only). I would like to come to an event and see what your club is all about. Look forward to hearing from someone soon.

Thanks
Chris

kiliki76@yahoo.com
Old 05-15-2004, 10:44 AM
Scafremon

Default Re: Re: 3FiveZeroZ: Whats up with our Website ?

Originally posted by kiliki76
Hello all, just found out about these forums and your car club. I drive a black 04 roadster with a partial Stillen kit. I am very interested in joining a good club (either import or 350z only). I would like to come to an event and see what your club is all about. Look forward to hearing from someone soon.

Thanks
Chris

kiliki76@yahoo.com
I think you have already joined just by droppin' in! Check the forum regularly for stuff going on - you are welcome to join in on any get-togethers.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:53 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Originally posted by hfm
Hey that's great. I need to get rid of my Nismo plate. How much for engraved or unengraved?
Actually he does not do engraving but we can look for a place that can do them in bulk. He does only decals on frames. My decals have been on 4 months and they still hold up rather well. What do you think HFM? Is a decal ok or should we look for a engraving plate.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:06 PM
hfm

Originally posted by skar 718
What do you think HFM? Is a decal ok or should we look for a engraving plate.
Decals are probably cheaper. Plus, there could be a better selection of colors. Engraving would last forever. Something to talk about at the next meet.

Oh, btw, Steve Burhans, CEO of Freshalloy is a new contact for our club. He can arrange the showing of sponsers, not that I'm terribly interested in that. I am more interested in the fact that he can bring out a paint-less dent repair guy at our next meet. Thank kind of thing could be very useful and I might give him a call for our next big get together.

Quick Reply: 3FiveZeroZ: Whats up with our Website ?