Notices

The Be All, End All Endlink for your Z and G!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default The Be All, End All Endlink for your Z and G!!!

We knew early on that the factory endlinks would post a problem with stiffer than stock sways and grippier tires. Over time, they simply get "loose", and it manifests itself with a slightly unsettling noise that develops, particularly noticeably at low speeds over uneven pavement, as the endlink wobbles back and forth.

As many know, we worked for a while on our own endlink design, as we were not satisfied with the other units on the market. In doing our R&D, we purchased all the available endlinks we knew of from several manufacturers, in hopes of engineering the better mousetrap. In our search, we came across a company out of Michigan, with a solid reputation and a new set of links that were on the market.

When they arrived to us and we had a chance to put them through their paces, we were simply amazed. They had engineered an adjustable endlink, that didn't have any of the typical parts, were fully sealed against dust and moisture, yet had no increased NVH. It was as if someone had turned the clock back on our Z by 50k miles!!!! In addition to being completely silent, they also gave us the added benefit of complete adjustability, allowing us to adjust swaybar preload, an important measurement for those who want to cornerbalance their car for optimal balance.

So, we are now able to offer these to the public, and are VERY excited about them. We believe these are, without question, the best endlink design on the market for these cars!

A bit of technical info on the links:

These links allow for up to 50 degrees of articulation, meaning that their ability to deal with stiff sways, stiff springs, and various load chores are seamless. These links use a genuine THK ball link end joing. Each THK Ball Link is composed of a high-precision ball bearing, a die-cast holder, and a shank connected to the ball by a special welding method. Through a unique production process, the mirror surface of the ball bearing is copied onto the inner mounting surface for perfect contact between them, achieving outstanding wear resistance, exceedingly smooth motion, and high strength.

Unlike the other, more common heim joint style units, these are fully sealed, never require greasing, and are completely water tight and dust tight. In addition, you never have to worry about these links developing noise issues down the road due to the design of their ball joint ends. The dual lock nuts on either end of the link means that the length of the link will not change over time, which can happen on other style endlinks which only use 1 lock nut. In addition, the other style links on the market are not sealed units, so dust, grime, sand, and moisture is ever present, and leads to increased NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) and limited articulation as they age.

Priced at $315.98 Shipped for the set of 4 links (1 pair front, 1 pair rear)

Need a combo deal with some sways? Let us know!!!!

To order, give us a call

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 04-24-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:17 AM
roncfpz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ordered a set. Look like very high quality pieces and I love that they are sealed units.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:23 AM
visionz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you also test spl's endlink?
Old 11-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by visionz
did you also test spl's endlink?
those were the first ones we purchased/tested yes. The second set was from a shop in California (I forget the name it was a while back). The third came from the UK.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by roncfpz
Just ordered a set. Look like very high quality pieces and I love that they are sealed units.
got it thanks!
Old 11-26-2007, 10:28 AM
visionz

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
those were the first ones we purchased/tested yes. The second set was from a shop in California (I forget the name it was a while back). The third came from the UK.
thanks adam. someone mentioned the spl's to me and just wanted to know your input. are endlinks a must if you want to corner balance/weight your ride properly???

Last edited by visionz; 11-26-2007 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:39 PM
rx7/350z

spl endlinks suck. I have them. They made no noise for about 3 months then they got to be worse than stock. I've seen Adams in person and they are far the best out there.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Fletch69z

Are there any advantages to these besides sound? I have stock end links and Tanabe sways. I hear creaking every once in a while but have noticed no performance issues. Just curious whether this serves a performance purpose or simply a livability purpose. Thanks.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:43 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by visionz
thanks adam. someone mentioned the spl's to me and just wanted to know your input. are endlinks a must if you want to corner balance/weight your ride properly???
Absolutely - as you lower the car, swaybar preload sets in - it will vary swaybar to swaybar, car to car, but yes, to fully cornerweight a car, the adjustable endlinks are a fantastic asset. With stiffer sways and grippier tires, its even possible to bend a stock endlink (I did that once too!)

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 11-28-2007 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:47 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Fletch69z
Are there any advantages to these besides sound? I have stock end links and Tanabe sways. I hear creaking every once in a while but have noticed no performance issues. Just curious whether this serves a performance purpose or simply a livability purpose. Thanks.
Alot of people, including myself, have noticed the stock ones get very noisy over time, especially with aftermarket swaybars - particularly in areas that have rougher roads. The stock one is not a bad design mind you, its just not meant for severe duty, and has limited articulation.

Not are these links much beefier than stock, they also have a wide range of articulation, and for those who do lots of track days, or who want the most from their street car in terms of overall balance, are adjustable as well.

I've personally never been a fan of adjustable endlinks before, because they always were a compromise that I was not willing to live with (in terms of their heim joint type ends, bushing materials, etc). These links literally changed my opinions, and I feel are absolutely the best ones out there, without exception
Old 11-28-2007, 07:44 PM
BhashaZ

Adam, I don't know if you can answer this, but I have a severe POPPING/CLUNKING sound coming from the rear of my car. It's not creaking or squeeking, but like a popping sound. Is that related to the endlinks? It makes it when going over uneven pavement or driving slowly through parking lots. You can notice it both while driving the car, and people who are standing around can also hear it while in parking lots. Very embarassing. FWIW, I have the Hotckis TVS (springs/sways).

Also, do you just sell the rears?
Old 11-28-2007, 09:38 PM
WIDEBODY

Adam,

Will these work with 350evo swaybars?
I've heard that they will not
thanks
Old 11-29-2007, 09:52 AM
ucsbturbo

When will these be available again?
Old 11-30-2007, 07:09 PM
OH6 G35

Adam,
what were the "results" of your testing?
Did the Powergrids outperform everyone else??

Last edited by OH6 G35; 12-04-2007 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:06 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by WIDEBODY
Adam,

Will these work with 350evo swaybars?
I've heard that they will not
thanks

Sorry I have no idea...never used them, nor seen them. If they use the stock endlink I see no reason why these would not work but again, I cant confirm first hand
Old 11-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by OH6 G35
Andy,
what were the "results" of your testing?
Did the Powergrids outperform everyone else??

The others were better as paperweights in all honesty. I got these just in furtherance of the comparisons vs the ones we were working on, and was so impressed, we decided we simply could not improve on these, and there was no point in competing with them...so we became a dealer
Old 11-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BhashaZ
Adam, I don't know if you can answer this, but I have a severe POPPING/CLUNKING sound coming from the rear of my car. It's not creaking or squeeking, but like a popping sound. Is that related to the endlinks? It makes it when going over uneven pavement or driving slowly through parking lots. You can notice it both while driving the car, and people who are standing around can also hear it while in parking lots. Very embarassing. FWIW, I have the Hotckis TVS (springs/sways).

Also, do you just sell the rears?
very well could be, but without the car being in front of me, its really impossible to say.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ucsbturbo
When will these be available again?
More arriving Tuesday and you can preorder right at the link in post #1
Old 11-30-2007, 08:15 PM
BhashaZ

very well could be, but without the car being in front of me, its really impossible to say.
Yeah I knew it would be difficult to answer, but anyways do you see just the rears? I really don't want to spend more than I have to since the fronts seem to be fine *knock on wood*
Old 11-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

rears only are $165.99 shipped for the pair

Quick Reply: The Be All, End All Endlink for your Z and G!!!