Notices

FS: ARC Titanium Strut Bar ---Z33

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 01:18 PM
thetachi49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARC Titanium Strut Bar ---Z33

I just recently purchased this, "used", from Turbo Toys. It's a fine piece, never installed on my car, however, I think I'm going to go a different route. It is in great condition. $400 shipped!
Attached Thumbnails ARC Titanium Strut Bar ---Z33-arc1.jpg   ARC Titanium Strut Bar ---Z33-arc2.jpg   ARC Titanium Strut Bar ---Z33-arc3.jpg  
Old 04-26-2011, 01:22 PM
hwcustoms

Thats a very good deal, but you are going to need a picture with your screen name and date with the bar.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:30 PM
br1ans ur daddy

hey im not trying to be an as.shole, but you might want to let people know that this ARC strut bar was bent in an accident then bent back into place. hate to ruin your sale but i dont want someone buying a messed up piece and then being disappointed, its not cool... someone that wants it for looks might pick this up regardless. GLWS man great price as well!

Last edited by br1ans ur daddy; 04-26-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:34 PM
350Eazy

PM sent
Old 04-26-2011, 01:36 PM
thetachi49

Default Verification Pics

Verification pics, best I could do
Attached Thumbnails ARC Titanium Strut Bar ---Z33-hhh.jpg  
Old 04-26-2011, 01:36 PM
thetachi49

To the best of my knowledge it is 350Z specific!
Old 04-26-2011, 01:41 PM
thetachi49

Sale Pending to 350Eazy
Old 04-26-2011, 01:48 PM
350Eazy

Paid, Thank you!!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 01:50 PM
thetachi49

Originally Posted by br1ans ur daddy
hey im not trying to be an as.shole, but you might want to let people know that this ARC strut bar was bent in an accident then bent back into place. hate to ruin your sale but i dont want someone buying a messed up piece and then being disappointed, its not cool... someone that wants it for looks might pick this up regardless. GLWS man great price as well!
Hmmm, interesting, Turbo Toys never told me this at all!!! In fact, they just told me it came off a used car, and that was it! So, maybe you're referring to a different car, or bar, entirely?
Old 04-26-2011, 01:55 PM
thetachi49

SOLD!!!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 09:22 PM
br1ans ur daddy

Originally Posted by thetachi49
Hmmm, interesting, Turbo Toys never told me this at all!!! In fact, they just told me it came off a used car, and that was it! So, maybe you're referring to a different car, or bar, entirely?
yea man, my buddy spoke to them and he said that the car was in a wreck and the bar was actually bent in the crash and the bent it back. he was going to buy it cuz it was at crackhead price but once he found that out he said forget it. i mean for the price its not bad but for someone being **** about having everything perfect its a big deal. i wasnt trying to trash ur thread man glad u took it the right way. dont wanna give u a negative itrader off the bat haha. just looking out for you and the buyer. glad you sold it tho man!
Old 04-26-2011, 09:54 PM
abushong504

Yeah, I hate to ruin the thread, but this is the actual strut bar. This picture was off of Turbo-Toys website. They had a thread on my350z asking about this car (built specs, etc.) It is no longer listed, so I am assuming it was deleted recently. I was going to purchase it and asked them if it had been bent. They said they had no knowledge of it being bent but had been off of a salvaged car. He sent me pics of it and you could see where the one side looked a bit off. However, I was told it looked like OEM bends to clear the plenum

I was made an offer that I could purchase it and that if I wasn't happy I could return it. However, It made me mad that I was told there was no knowledge of it being bent when obviously the people at Turbo-Toys knew that it was, since the photo I have of it being bent was taken from their site!

Pic I found off of their site:

Pics I was sent via email:

Last edited by abushong504; 04-26-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:05 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Ouch dude... OP I know its not your fault but man $400.00 for a bent bar? Metal has memory so it's going to progressively get worse as you drive.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:07 PM
avb3

op even used the same pics in this FS thread
Old 04-27-2011, 10:01 AM
thetachi49

I dunno, guys. I just got the bar from Turbo Toys. I messaged them and they told me they have no prior knowledge of this bar having ever been in a wreck and then bent back. Another user on my350Z even told me that the bar was "cherry". Turbo Toys sold it to me, stating that it was mint condition, and that I could return it in 7 days if I wanted to. I only sold it for what I paid for it!!! So, no one is trying to deceive anyone. All the news you guys are sharing, wasn't made available to me, when I purchased it, nor was I aware of it when I sold it!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:06 AM
thetachi49

Here's the link where I found out about the bar: No one informs of all what you say:

https://my350z.com/forum/wanted/5198...strut-bar.html
Old 04-27-2011, 10:18 AM
thetachi49

Em ails from turbo toys prior to purchase. I haven't deceived anyone. I spoke to them recently, and they state that this bar was never in any wreck, unless it was prior to coming to them. They told me the bar was taken off the car, exactly as it is pictured. So, if it were ever bent and straightened, then it happened prior to them taking ownership of it. Is is possible, we're all talking about 2 completely different bars?

xxxxx, it is possible as this came off a parts vehicle at our shop. There was one spot that seemed blemished that rubbed right out. I will have my detail guy go over it once it is purchased. If you are not happy with the product you can ship it back to us within 7 days of your receipt of the product less S&H expenses. I tried to take good high quality images so you can get a good idea of the condition prior to shipping it. Let me know if you need any addition photographs or if you want you can send me the picture back with the area's of concern circled so I can take a closer look.

On 4/19/2011 6:21 PM, xxxxxx wrote:
Pics look great. Appears to have just some slight nicks on the left side bend, is that so? I'll get back to you on Friday, when I get paid.
----- Original Message -----
To: xxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 4:36 PM
Subject: Re: ARC Strut bar

Sure thing.

On 4/19/2011 5:34 PM, xxxx wrote:
Hey man, I was the guy on my350z looking for the ARC Strut bar. Can you send me some pics?

xxxx
Old 04-27-2011, 10:24 AM
abushong504

No one is saying it was your fault man. We were just saying the bar has been bent before and that Turbo-toys were the ones who deceived the people. You can see in the pics form your post and mine that the bend on the driver's side is different from the other 3 bends. You can also see the cosmetic mark on the other side.

The pic I posted of the bent bar was taken from their website in which they were trying to get info on in terms of the built motor. The link has now been removed. Funny huh?

I was told the same thing when I was looking at the bar. Then I looked at their previous posts, found the link to the car, found the bent strut and decided to ask them questions. Apparently they had no knowledge of it being bent which is BS.

Anyways, no one is calling you a fraud. But that bar has been bent, you can tell in the pics. I am just curious as to what turbo-toys will say about the pic I posted. They just happen to have another ARC strut bar come in on a salvaged car with a bend that matches up perfectly with the cosmetic defects of the ARC strut bar they just sold? I wonder if they would deny them having that car in the first place. Either way, you and me were both lied to by them.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:37 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've held this bar in my hands unaware it was ever damaged.
I feel terrible for suggesting it. There would be a significant
Stress mark if it was repaired... Can. You photograph the f/r
Of the area where supposedly bent?
Old 04-27-2011, 12:14 PM
350Eazy

I purchased this bar from the OP, upon reading the thread further, I pm'd Turbo Toys about what was being said and this was their reply:

"we did take that off a salvaged car I can remember if it was recovered theft or impact. The bar had some minor scuffs but seemed straight when laid on a flat surface. I know if it fit my supra I would have put it on my own car. I may have the original pics I took from him in a folder if you want them emailed. Let me know if you need anything else."

Hopefully when I get back from Afghanistan I find a bar that is not F'd up. I don't blame the OP because he had no prior knowledge.

Quick Reply: FS: ARC Titanium Strut Bar ---Z33