Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 07:33 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by StuLax18
I mean that, it's not like if the racing starts at 10 and ends at 6, you know you will get 8 hours in, and only have to give up 8 hours. You still need factor in time to get there, pass inspection, etc. Are you (or anyone else) planning on going on Saturday, because it is possibly my best opportunity, but I don't want to alone. I have a friend with an HR G sedan who also might be interested. It's funny that I haven't been there yet, but I bet I have laid eyes on that track more than anyone else during 2009, since I have been down there a few times for dog training.
And when I said I like racing, I didn't just mean 1/4 mile, haha.
I'm not going to any events, just test and tune days.

Also, that's why you get there earlier and leave right when it ends. Trust me, I know this better than anybody here. You don't lose time if you time things right. There are allotted times for everybody to tech, which is well before the racing begins. They end when there is less interest toward the end of the day. And if you only want to spend X amount of hours there, then you leave when you feel like. I still don't see what your point is.

And passing by <<<< being on the drag strip and racing.

What kind of dog do you have?
Old 03-02-2009, 07:43 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

My point is just that you have to allow more time for something than just the event. For example, I thought I could make that one if I was done at 2pm, but I forgot to count in the drive and then the inspection, to the point where I would only get in a couple runs.
So are you not going to the T&T during the Pinks thing? I thought the occur at the same time?
Yellow lab, Landmark Retrievers basically sits at the very end of the drag strip. I think I told you at the Chipotle meet how I was down there that day.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:52 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by StuLax18
My point is just that you have to allow more time for something than just the event. For example, I thought I could make that one if I was done at 2pm, but I forgot to count in the drive and then the inspection, to the point where I would only get in a couple runs.
So are you not going to the T&T during the Pinks thing? I thought the occur at the same time?
Yellow lab, Landmark Retrievers basically sits at the very end of the drag strip. I think I told you at the Chipotle meet how I was down there that day.
Yeah, there is a specific time when you have to get out there, but that's the same story with meets, no? And if you're there on time, then you can leave whenever you want, like meets.

And you might have. I'm getting old, so my memory tends to fail me sometimes.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:57 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Well I'm pretty sure I mentioned it in the Chipotle, I just don't remember how long ago that was. I think it was early January.
It sounds like you can run test and tune during the pinks qualifying, as they have times set aside for qualifiers.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:16 PM
phiooz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone know anyone selling a beater?
Old 03-02-2009, 08:17 PM
06g35meister

5.0 mustang? like 90 ish, its a BEATER...
Old 03-02-2009, 09:11 PM
06g35meister

Originally Posted by phiooz
anyone know anyone selling a beater?
91 TPI Corvette A4

100K miles
Steel Blue Metallic paint 1 of 687 made that year
Blue interior
Pioneer Radio
Borla Exhaust
C4 Cross Bar 5 point harness mount w/video camera mount (i have the 5 point harness but it's out of spec for the track)
Lingenfelter 58mm TB (not on car)
16inch chrome ZR1's (yeah they are small lol)
Blacked out tail lights
Black corvette inserts on rear bumper
Blacked out corvette lettering on front license plate filler
LLoyds floor mat kit both fronts and rear deck mat all embroidered with corvette and C4 logo in black
Projector style front headlights

The drivers seat does have the normal tear on the side bolster but other than that the seats are in good condition

7,000.00 OBO

I can get more:

Old 03-03-2009, 03:56 AM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
I know. I haven't found anybody who will drag race as much as I do, as people will give up on it sooner or later. You better not quit on me, neither, Stephen.

BTW, I'm all for socializing and admiring the car, but I will only do so much of it before I get bored and put the car to use.

How do you have less time for the event? You get there before it starts and leave when it ends. And I have yet to see you there, so I think you're lying about racing. Prove me wrong and come out.
hahah after all this time your still an *******. I want to see what 400awhp in my car will be like in the 1/4 mile just waiting on an oil line and the 30r goes on.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:00 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Good morning DFW.

also nice to hear from Mackie....where have you been ? Hope things are going well with you Sir.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:00 AM
bommart

good morning guys.

im having an issue with the car and i wanted to get some more opinions about it. obviously im going to take it to a couple of other places but wanted to run it by y'all. this started a while back but has gradualy gotten worse. when ever i push the clutch pedal down (disengaging) just about when its to the floor i hear (and feel sometimes) a popping noise and when I bring the pedal back up, the popping noise happens again. this is during normal shifting, etc. it seems to happen more when its colder out but even during the 70s and 80s temps we had last week, it was still doing it. i asked the dealer to look at it, bc the car was already there for some other things. they looked at it and advised me that the popping noise is caused by dry and dust build-up in the clutch and the only way to correct the problem is to replace the clutch, throw-out bearing and pressure plate. im not a noob and i know how dealers can screw people over. just a side note haha. anyway, probably about 20k miles or so ago, the clutch was replaced b/c they found it faulty and if i remember, it was similar to the same issue im having now. im under my extended warranty now and of course it wont cover a new clutch bc its considered at wear and tear part, blah blah. but seriously, how can a clutch go bad after 20k, if that is what the issue is??? anyway...the noise is too the point where i dont even want to drive the car, bc its annoying as hell. ok i just realized i wrote a small novel haha...any opinions on what might be the issue? thnx guys.

**its a 2006 btw.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:03 AM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by fithamoto
Good morning DFW.

also nice to hear from Mackie....where have you been ? Hope things are going well with you Sir.
Ive been all over the place. Interesting year. Too many deaths. Too many car issues. Finally starting to start going back out to the meets and such. Ready to get back to road racing in 18 days track prepped ftw! How about you, and everyone else?
Old 03-03-2009, 04:04 AM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by bommart
good morning guys.

im having an issue with the car and i wanted to get some more opinions about it. obviously im going to take it to a couple of other places but wanted to run it by y'all. this started a while back but has gradualy gotten worse. when ever i push the clutch pedal down (disengaging) just about when its to the floor i hear (and feel sometimes) a popping noise and when I bring the pedal back up, the popping noise happens again. this is during normal shifting, etc. it seems to happen more when its colder out but even during the 70s and 80s temps we had last week, it was still doing it. i asked the dealer to look at it, bc the car was already there for some other things. they looked at it and advised me that the popping noise is caused by dry and dust build-up in the clutch and the only way to correct the problem is to replace the clutch, throw-out bearing and pressure plate. im not a noob and i know how dealers can screw people over. just a side note haha. anyway, probably about 20k miles or so ago, the clutch was replaced b/c they found it faulty and if i remember, it was similar to the same issue im having now. im under my extended warranty now and of course it wont cover a new clutch bc its considered at wear and tear part, blah blah. but seriously, how can a clutch go bad after 20k, if that is what the issue is??? anyway...the noise is too the point where i dont even want to drive the car, bc its annoying as hell. ok i just realized i wrote a small novel haha...any opinions on what might be the issue? thnx guys.

**its a 2006 btw.
throwout bearing sounds likely to me. My clutch makes all kinds of noises, but its an unsprung 6 puck and expected.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:13 AM
bommart

Originally Posted by ZSpectrum
throwout bearing sounds likely to me. My clutch makes all kinds of noises, but its an unsprung 6 puck and expected.
that was one thought i had. it seriously sounds like its just coming from the clutch pedal itself. the driveability of the car is normal. thnx mackie.

Last edited by bommart; 03-03-2009 at 04:40 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:31 AM
WalkerT
Professional

Throwout bearing will usually sing when it starts to go bad but if it is at the point of get stuck then it will pop. You presure plate can also make a noise like that as the throwout presses against the pressure plate. If one of the metal leavers in the center of the plate can crack and pop every time you press it down.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:40 AM
bommart

Originally Posted by WalkerT
Throwout bearing will usually sing when it starts to go bad but if it is at the point of get stuck then it will pop. You presure plate can also make a noise like that as the throwout presses against the pressure plate. If one of the metal leavers in the center of the plate can crack and pop every time you press it down.
no sticking just the noise. thnx travis. i may have a couple of y'all listen to it on saturday...
Old 03-03-2009, 04:58 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Ive been all over the place. Interesting year. Too many deaths. Too many car issues. Finally starting to start going back out to the meets and such. Ready to get back to road racing in 18 days track prepped ftw! How about you, and everyone else?
Well I sorry to hear about the deaths.

Everyone has been going to a few meets out in Grapevine lately. Even Kristi showed up ! Hopefully you can make it out to the next one.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:00 AM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by fithamoto
Well I sorry to hear about the deaths.

Everyone has been going to a few meets out in Grapevine lately. Even Kristi showed up ! Hopefully you can make it out to the next one.
when is it? No one minds if a slow suby shows up
Old 03-03-2009, 05:03 AM
bommart

when is it? No one minds if a slow suby shows up
no more goat?
Old 03-03-2009, 05:35 AM
Squeaky350

Originally Posted by bommart
good morning guys.

**its a 2006 btw.
I think that I might be having the same problem as you. I noticed this about 2k miles ago and it is still there sometimes. I just hit the 20k mark on my car. Maybe I should take it to the dealer and try to get a new clutch if that's what they think the problem is. I will have to listen to your car on Saturday to see if it is the same thing.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:35 AM
Kristi
I am Awesome

morning

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge