Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 04:59 AM
BeeAyche

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
Awesome! I highly recommend the MSC....!!

That being said I feel compelled to write...........

Pay attention big time during the class room section of the course.........if you have a good instructor he will talk about motorcycles "stopping distance" in comparison to a car
and
he will talk about motorcycle T-bone accidents when cars pull out in front of bikes on the road - which is related to motorcycle stopping distance......

Also, ensure he talks to you about the motorcycles main advantage over cars - power and quick speed! - which "CAN" be used to get you out of a near accident situation.....

I owned two Yamaha 600cc class sport bikes and had a great time riding/owning them, but I myself have escaped eminent death in 3 instances while owning those bikes on the road!.........

Pay attention and understand the bikes physical capabilities.....

Ride safe....
-J
Thanks for the information sir!! Greatly appreciated!!
Old 04-16-2010, 05:13 AM
bommart

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
I by no means am a tire guru................I hate tires and like killing them drifting!

That being said..........lol....

I have come to really really like the RE-01's for there baller strong sidewall and great grip.

I love daily driving on:

Nitto NT-05's
BFG Gforce sports
and
Michellin pilot sports

meh...
-J
prior to having the Z, i always ran yokohamas and loved them but it seems like they might have gone down in quality etc the last couple of years. ive thought about the BFG's....
Old 04-16-2010, 07:21 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

thought i would share....

This guy is in Mansfield, TX

LUG NUTS: for spacers mainly!
http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/GOR30027-X4.htm

-J
Old 04-16-2010, 10:35 AM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

J you wouldn't happen to be able to come by after work today see if u can look at the car for me?
Old 04-16-2010, 11:57 AM
NugeTRON

Finally I'm able to get on. I've been swamped with work

what's going on dfw?
Old 04-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by bommart
morning...whats everybodys take on the falken 452's?
Pm chris before you buy tires. That dude has many tires experience.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:48 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Anyone bought ipad here? How you guys like it?

Q,

What happend to your car?

Last edited by Chef-J; 04-16-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:08 PM
quakerroatmeal

I have no idea..decided to take a big crap on me after I done babied it the entire time..

Guessing either my MBC or ABS Module seem to have went out on me. All 4 corner brakes seem to be engaged even when not engaging on the brake pedal. All of this seem to happen after I tried to fix the abs/vdc off/slip light..all I did was added some fluid, changed the front pads and the brake light switch (all in which the lights did not go away either). Getting pretty frustrated as I have no idea what's wrong with it..sitting in my garage on jack stands right now I called in for work to see if I can fix the pos. If anyone wants to come by see if they can find out what's wrong or whatever that'd be great. If I can't get it working this weekend I might have to get it towed to a shop and probably pay out the *** to get it fixed as it is my daily.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

http://www.aa1car.com/library/bfixes.htm

Q,

Sorry to hear bro. Have you try bleed the system? Hope that link gives you an idea man.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:30 AM
quakerroatmeal

Originally Posted by Chef-J
http://www.aa1car.com/library/bfixes.htm

Q,

Sorry to hear bro. Have you try bleed the system? Hope that link gives you an idea man.
Thanks a lot chef.

Finally figured out the issue. After my car sat like this for a week I nearly lost all hopes.

I tried to troubleshoot as of why my abs/vdc off/slip light kept coming on after pressing on the brakes. I searched and users mentioned low brake fluid, brake pads low, brake light switch, wheel speed sensor, and some other problems that some seem to have. I decided I'd check my brake fluid, found out it was a little bit low so I topped it off. Nothing. Checked my brake pads and it had a lot of life left but I changed them anyways, nothing.. Went to the dealership to buy a new brake light switch, swapped it out, nothing once again. Than when I was having someone press on my brakes cause I thought my brakes light was out but it wasn't. Next day I tried to go to work only to find all 4 sides of the brakes was being pressed down even if I wasn't pressing on the brake pedal, nearly destroying my pads and rotors. Had to pull it in the garage and put it on stands.. After days and days of researching I posted a thread, not much hit..some said it could be the mbc or abs module going bad. I searched some more and found out apparently when I installed the brake light switch, there needs to be a minor gap which I didn't know. Went back out there today took the brake light switch off and gave it a little gap and what do you know...4 sides move freely now.

A little disappointed I couldn't find much help around the community but I can only really blame myself for such a small mistake. Sucks..I nearly had the car towed to the shop, replace the mbc and abs module...thank goodness I didn't wasted all my money on that. Just glad I got the problem fixed..so if you run into a similar problem or your brake light switch goes bad..make sure you leave a little gap when installing it.

Didn't mean for the long story, this thread seems to be slowly dying anyways.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:04 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Good news for you Q....nice trouble shooting. That musta been frustrating.

Anyways Q....you have got the worst case of Negative Camber ever !

Damn !
Attached Thumbnails DFW's Lounge-camber.jpg   DFW's Lounge-vip10.jpg   DFW's Lounge-floating_300c_01.jpg   DFW's Lounge-q-1.jpg  

Last edited by fithamoto; 04-17-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:25 PM
quakerroatmeal

LOL. I was reading from the phone and was like DAMN chris can see my camber wear on the tires with my small pic?!?!? Than I looked at your other pictures and started cracking up

I just can't believe such minor thing can cause so much problems..what a pita.

Last edited by quakerroatmeal; 04-17-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:19 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Q, did you happen to get a pic of what you were referring to? I'm guessing nobody on the forum really encountered the problem that you did. If you have a pic or can get it, it may help the next person who faces the same problem in the future.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:26 PM
quakerroatmeal

Chris I'll get a picture of it. I've researched and a few people had a problem with the ABS/VDC Off/Slip light coming on for some odd reasons. A few of them it was just because the brake fluid was a little low, some said they changed there brake pads and it was worn down all the way causing the lights to come on (I would guess the pads worn down all the way, making the fluid low as well). And some said it was the brake light switch malfunctioning. I'll get some pictures of it tomorrow. Lucky I searched and found 1 thread that the guy had the exact same problem as me.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:27 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

^ Wow, 1 guy with the same problem. Search FTW? haha Glad you got everything fixed, too. I know that's your daily driver, so you can't afford any down time.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Q,

Glad that you found your issue. I agree with chris about posting up. I also didn't know that small mistake could cause that issue.

Btw thanks for made me laug with those pictures fitamoto!
Old 04-17-2010, 07:21 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
LOL. I was reading from the phone and was like DAMN chris can see my camber wear on the tires with my small pic?!?!? Than I looked at your other pictures and started cracking up

I just can't believe such minor thing can cause so much problems..what a pita.
Originally Posted by Chef-J
Q,

Glad that you found your issue. I agree with chris about posting up. I also didn't know that small mistake could cause that issue.

Btw thanks for made me laug with those pictures fitamoto!

Hahaha....Q, I just thought it looked funny with your wheels sitting sideways like that.

Chef, I'm glad you got a chuckle from it. I was amazed i actually found images like those.....so I just had to post.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:56 PM
quakerroatmeal

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
^ Wow, 1 guy with the same problem. Search FTW? haha Glad you got everything fixed, too. I know that's your daily driver, so you can't afford any down time.
Yeah literally 1 guy had the exact same problem. I searched and went through a million pages and threads trying to find ways to troubleshoot for a few days. Than posted my own with no luck, searched some more and finally. Was so relieved it worked. I was sad and stuck at home everyday lol
Old 04-17-2010, 09:52 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

sup guys,

sorry Q, just now saw your message, but i have been tied up all since thurs.........had guest come in from out of town......

glad you got it figured out...........what the hell is the brake light switch?? in for pics of where this guy is located and how its installed...
-J
Old 04-18-2010, 03:38 PM
quakerroatmeal

It's all good J, bad timing, forgot u had guest come in town.

Took a picture of the brake light switch, also called a stop lamp switch?? If your brake lights don't work/malfunction/always on/or only comes on sometimes..it's most likely this that's the problem if it's not the fuse.

It's located on the top of the brake pedal itself, right on top of the cruise control switch.

The top switch in the pic, black switch. It's only cause I had it pushed all the way in when installing that messed everything up, there needs to be a little gap. Also to take it out you gotta push the brake pedal down and twist the part off as well if anyone ever needs to replace it.

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge