Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 04:23 AM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Rain, rain, you came back...

Once class is over at noon, it's sleepy time.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:18 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome Rain for the next 2 days ! Woot !

I had been waiting to turn the sprinklers on for hopes of more rain & it paid off big time. My water Bill will be very low this month.

Z is in the garage all nice and clean waiting for some cooler dry weather towards the end of the week.

I hope everyone had a great Holiday !
Old 09-07-2010, 06:05 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Hell ya - even though I just cleaned the car - this rain is welcomed for sure. Short week...and few installs will make this a nice week for sure.. I need some rest..
Old 09-07-2010, 06:38 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Finally got the SPL bushing - compression rod DIY install done...

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...g-install.html

-J
Old 09-07-2010, 07:24 AM
PotentialZ

I enjoyed Labor Day so much I convinced the wife to take another day off and we both took today. What's fun to do on a rainy day?
Old 09-07-2010, 07:31 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by PotentialZ
I enjoyed Labor Day so much I convinced the wife to take another day off and we both took today. What's fun to do on a rainy day?
If you have a truck go Muddin' !

I always loved to go thru some grassy field and to donuts.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:27 AM
ZRated67

BMW DE---Eagles Canyon Raceway

Drive on a track for two days!

Learn to drive the Z harder than you thought you could!

Assigned Instructor in your car with you!

October 9 & 10, 2010
Eagles Canyon Raceway, Slidell TX

DE Homepage

http://www.lscbmwcca.org/hpde-home.html

Required Forms

http://www.lscbmwcca.org/hpde-forms.html

What is a Driving School?

The purpose of a driving school is quite simple: to improve your driving skills. We will emphasize the relationship of driver and machine, making them function in unison and giving you, as a student, the opportunity to learn your limitations and expand your capabilities, thus creating safe driving skills and habits in a controlled situation.

We conduct the school on a closed course under the close supervision of experienced and trained instructors. You will learn how to handle and control your vehicle at speeds not normally attained on public roads. This will help to prepare you for emergencies in normal driving. It will also allow you to explore your capabilities as a driver and those of your vehicle.

At no time will you be pushed or encouraged to go any faster than is comfortable for you. All participants will be organized into run groups in accordance with experience, skill, and type of vehicle.

What you learn on the track depends on your driving skill. Beginners are taught driving style (smoothness, consistency, the ability to read the track), more experienced participants continue to work on consistency, while developing new skills such as trail braking, and threshold braking. Every time you are on the track, you will have an experienced instructor in the passenger seat.

For the most experienced drivers, you can be "signed off" and drive solo when you have proven to your instructor and the Chief Instructor that you understand the basics of high speed driving, you can consistently drive the correct line, and you show proper etiquette on track. Maturity, good judgment, skill and significant experience will lead to being signed off for solo driving. Even if you are a solo student, you are still highly encouraged to learn new skills from your instructor. In fact, National BMW Club rules require an instructor be in-car for at least part of the event for all students.

Classroom

Your day is divided between driving on the track, classroom sessions, or free time. Yes, this is a school, and there is mandatory classroom time. All participants are required to attend classroom sessions to learn vehicle dynamics and driving techniques. Failure to attend will result in loss of driving privileges.

These sessions will continue throughout the day to help you understand the fine art of high speed driving. In the classroom, you learn high speed driving theory. You learn everything from 'why low-profile tires are better', to what is the difference between an early and late apex. Car physics, such as what is really happening when I brake or why my car understeers or oversteers is also discussed. Each classroom normally has a question and answer session.

What is a Driving School NOT?

Though you are on a track, with 20-30 other drivers of similar driving skills, it is not a race. Passing in corners is not allowed, and you are not expected to shift at redline, or go screaming through each corner with the tires squealing.

Safety of the event is of the utmost importance. Driver conduct will be diligently monitored throughout the day by the staff, instructors, and corner workers. Infractions of the rules will not be tolerated, and will likely result in dismissal from the school.

Tech Inspection

All participants will receive a Pre-Event Safety Inspection Report. You will be required to have a qualified individual/mechanic inspect your vehicle and verify its safety. This inspection should occur within three weeks of the event. At the time of the inspection, the participant must sign the completed Pre-Event Safety Inspection Report.

The Pre-Event Safety Inspection Report must be presented to the Lone Star Chapter Registrar at the track on the day of the event. The participant will not be allowed to drive the vehicle on the track without first presenting a signed and completed Pre-Event Safety Inspection Report.

Note: Brake Fluid must be no older than 6 months. See Tech Inspection form for details.

The Driving School participant is solely responsible for the condition of the vehicle to be driven to, at, and from this event. You are solely responsible for insuring that your vehicle is safe before you come to the track.

DISQUALIFICATION - Failure to present a completed Pre-Event Safety Inspection Report or failure to pass our spot check will disqualify you from participation in the event and your entry fee will be forfeited.

Other Requirements

All participants must present a valid driver's license and be at least 18 years of age. No one under the age of 18 will be allowed in the pit area.

HELMETS

All participants must wear helmets bearing Snell 2000 (M or SA) or later certification. No exceptions.

SEAT BELTS

Seat belts (same type for both driver and passenger) must be securely anchored to the floor and/or stock mountings. If your vehicle is equipped with racing harness/belts both driver and passenger harness/belts must be within the valid SFI or FIA dating. SFI dating is 2 years from date of manufacture and FIA indicates the year of expiration. Stock and "Schroth type" Street Legal belts must be installed according to manufacturers specifications without modification and must NOT be faded, frayed, damaged, or significantly worn.

LAP TIMERS

Under no circumstances will timed laps be permitted! If you are seen with a timing device (stop watch, On-Board-Computer timer, etc.) at any time, you will be asked to leave and forfeit your ability to participate in this or future Lone Star Chapter Driving Schools.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhkXbXDwodA

Additional track information can be found here:

http://www.eaglescanyon.com/2008/facilities.php
Old 09-07-2010, 09:01 AM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice looking event!

Central AC unit control should the fan be on at all times or auto??
Old 09-07-2010, 09:01 AM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
Last week was finals? School just barely started here. Raining non stop outside makes me want to stay in bed.
Last week was my final week of work haha. I don't start school until the 20th.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:13 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Nice looking event!

Central AC unit control should the fan be on at all times or auto??
Q, it should be set to auto.....unless you manually want to keep the fan running. If you keep the Fan on the On position....it will run forever.
And your electric bill will be huge !
Old 09-07-2010, 10:18 AM
hound138

StuLax, did you have your fx at sewell on friday? if it was yours, that thing looks killer!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:59 AM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Originally Posted by hound138
StuLax, did you have your fx at sewell on friday? if it was yours, that thing looks killer!
Yeah, dropped it off around 2pm Friday, waiting on the call to pick it up today. If you saw one that looked modded at all, had to be mine haha.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:55 PM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

The rain is becoming serious business around here. Fun!
Old 09-07-2010, 02:43 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by verdict.
The rain is becoming serious business around here. Fun!
Any weather is serious business in DFW !

My motto is " Just add a little water & watch the Idiots come out ! "
Old 09-07-2010, 03:14 PM
ppat1989
Professional

just got two rear tires today. nitto nt-555. 255-45-17 on stock wheels. im curious to see how they do in the rain tonight while im on my way to work.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:30 PM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by fithamoto
Any weather is serious business in DFW !

My motto is " Just add a little water & watch the Idiots come out ! "
Yup.

I like how people fly past me in the pouring rain, like going 70 isn't enough. Sorry. I'm just waiting for someone to spin out and hit that center divider.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:51 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by ppat1989
just got two rear tires today. nitto nt-555. 255-45-17 on stock wheels. im curious to see how they do in the rain tonight while im on my way to work.
Ok, good luck......you know my Motto !

Just remember, new tires + rain Does NOT = unrestrained traction ! Still be careful !

Yup.

I like how people fly past me in the pouring rain, like going 70 isn't enough. Sorry. I'm just waiting for someone to spin out and hit that center divider.
That's exactly what I mean.....Retards !
Old 09-07-2010, 07:34 PM
ppat1989
Professional

Ya I still need to get the fronts but just didn't have the money today. I still don't ever really go over 65-70 when it rains just to be safe. I'm just happy cuz I can actually go over 50 in the rain now lol.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:41 PM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup.

Just happened to me going 60mph. Didn't see a big *** pool of water and as soon as the car hit it, went sideways into the center divider....FML.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:49 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Thumbs down

Just happened to me going 60mph. Didn't see a big *** pool of water and as soon as the car hit it, went sideways into the center divider....FML.
OH SNAP!

Q, you ok?!?!?!?

you wrecked your Z????

-J

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge