Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 08:29 PM
phiooz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

huh? who ever said anything about my car breaking because of my stance?? it wasnt because of my stance that it broke. also, im only running like -1.5 camber in the rear so its not really that aggressive.. the only thing ive ever messed up from my stance is i had a leak in my exhaust and one of my axle boot ripped. also, i run through tires pretty quick but i had the same problem with lowering on springs.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by phiooz
huh? who ever said anything about my car breaking because of my stance?? it wasnt because of my stance that it broke. also, im only running like -1.5 camber in the rear so its not really that aggressive.. the only thing ive ever messed up from my stance is i had a leak in my exhaust and one of my axle boot ripped. also, i run through tires pretty quick but i had the same problem with lowering on springs.
thats all.....
Old 10-27-2010, 08:48 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

I thought you also broke your axle? I also figured you'd have more negative camber. My mistake. I know your driveshaft didn't break because of your stance (that makes no sense). Either way, that's a very expensive hobby just to minimize the ground clearance, not to mention the constant worry (conscious or not) about scraping, avoiding places, etc.

On a side note, can you imagine if people started incorporating this hellaflush thing to other things like tricycles, wheelchairs, tanks, etc? Stanced Timmy FTW?
Attached Thumbnails DFW's Lounge-timmy.gif  
Old 10-27-2010, 10:23 PM
ppat1989
Professional

^^^ bahahaha that's awesome
Old 10-28-2010, 05:14 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

huh? who ever said anything about my car breaking because of my stance?? it wasnt because of my stance that it broke.
dude, im sorry, but dont kid yourself.........

also, im only running like -1.5 camber in the rear so its not really that aggressive.. the only thing ive ever messed up from my stance is i had a leak in my exhaust and one of my axle boot ripped.
thats counts 1 right there..

also, i run through tires pretty quick but i had the same problem with lowering on springs.
yes, well, by not having camber arms (Edit* FRONTS) what do you expect???

adjusting (*EDIT REAR) camber arms yourself because you want more negative camber will cause that...

We all know who works on your car..

Thats 2 by my count...

This would be 3,4,5:

3: you banged the hell outta your exhaust, most likely since the axle boot replacement issue.........A lack of proper visual inspection lead to not noticing that the midsection was too close to the drive shave...

4: your exhaust midsection made side contact with your drive shaft...slowly gouging it and made for a clean single point failure...

5. you banged the hell outta your W-brace - you can see it in the pics...no more structural support in the rear, its bent to hell..

it rolls forward but not backwards. i have base model.
6. broken rear pinion....

You need a new diff.....i would recommend purchasing this for the best bang for the buck and also an upgrade from an open BASE:
https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-...z-3-538-a.html

All this "IS" because of your Stance......you may not be super mechanically inclined to realize, but yes its due to daily driving at a "Stanced" ride height.....

Originally Posted by AllstarE4
Phiooz,

I posted with a lighthearted manner just kinda goofing.

But on a serious note... You sir are not just fail, you are epic fail. You broke your car in an effort to achieve a look.

Quang,

You can defend him all you want, but he still broke his car. I've said many times that I like that style, but it just isn't functional. When you drive a show car on the street you will have problems.
I agree with everything written here...you will have problems...i listed 6, that "we" know about........

So phooiz, how about going to that autoX event??

-J

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 10-28-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:17 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
So phooiz, how about going to that autoX event??
his camber is baller for it too..
Old 10-28-2010, 05:18 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

this is my car, hate if you want. i think its sexy =]

All that being said......i like your car..........i think its awesome looking........I did like the old body kit more though...

I frown hard however on its "setup" and being a daily....but i respect its not my car...

-J
Old 10-28-2010, 05:25 AM
phiooz

wow really?

okay so first off... i have rear camber arms. i bought it when back in the day when i had my springs.. i dont know where youre getting your info thing. the only thing i got done by jake is replacing axle and rolling rear fenders. everything else, i do myself. my tires last me about 4 months and thats because i buy used tires and not new. i bought the banged up around the resonator so that wasnt from my doing. i just got that exhaust like two weeks ago.

my diff is fine. i jacked up the car and spun the wheels. i believe when we were trying to roll it back the other day, it got snagged on something.

i dont drive my Z everywhere i go. i have a 240 that i drive as my daily.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:26 AM
phiooz

i mean the only thing thats different about my car is that its lower then yours. my offsets are even that aggressive being only +0 all around.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:27 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

okay.....how about autox??

-J
Old 10-28-2010, 05:27 AM
phiooz

haha i shall do the autox with yall one day.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:21 AM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The 350Z driveshaft doesn't snap in half at random. That thing got beat on by exhaust and asphalt.

Judging by the pictures, your camber isn't crazy looking. Your tires don't appear to be quite as stretched as alot of guys with that look. Like I've said plenty of times, I like that look. Hell I like your car phiooz. I think it looks pretty sweet in that picture.

This being said it's important to remember... function is always more important than form. If it doesn't work the car will let you know, and in this case that's what happened.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:38 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Default Fithamoto ~ thanks for the hamburger!

-J
Old 10-28-2010, 09:42 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

^^^sparkly
Old 10-28-2010, 09:47 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

haha i shall do the autox with yall one day.
youll love your car even more. it will dawn on you that is what nissan engineers designed the car for, to be driven and driven hard for enjoyment. its not all about the looks but the soul and joy of driving.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:15 PM
drifter5

Originally Posted by AllstarE4
The 350Z driveshaft doesn't snap in half at random. That thing got beat on by exhaust and asphalt.

Judging by the pictures, your camber isn't crazy looking. Your tires don't appear to be quite as stretched as alot of guys with that look. Like I've said plenty of times, I like that look. Hell I like your car phiooz. I think it looks pretty sweet in that picture.

This being said it's important to remember... function is always more important than form. If it doesn't work the car will let you know, and in this case that's what happened.
Y'all say that he broke it because of his stance, but I know of a lot more lowered daily driven Zs and other cars that haven't snapped their drive shaft. Please explain that to me.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:21 PM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by drifter5
Y'all say that he broke it because of his stance, but I know of a lot more lowered daily driven Zs and other cars that haven't snapped their drive shaft. Please explain that to me.
Lowering the car changes the angle that the drive shaft sits at. Lowering a vehicle actually changes quite a bit about how the forces of driving affect the vehicle. Lowering cars and then braking drive shafts and axles has been an age old problem. Talk to some VW owners and they will tell you all about it

I don't care to be in on this debate BUT I will offer up whatever facts that I can.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:27 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

What Jason said above makes sense, but Peter is saying that the exhaust is new. It's evident he scrapes all over the place, though, so it may have happened with his previous exhausts.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:36 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA

-J

That looks sweet Jason !
Old 10-28-2010, 01:43 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Hey guys, I may need your help on something.

There's a good chance that I might be back for the Thanksgiving week, but I still need to do some school work in that time. Mainly, what I need help on is on administering the WISC-IV test to a child or adolescent. The WISC-IV is an IQ test that was designed for those between the ages of 6 and 16 (I personally prefer those closer to the upper range, but beggars can't be choosers) and is a comprehensive test that proports to measure verbal and nonverbal reasoning and verbal and nonverbal processing of the examinee.

Do you (or someone) have a kid that I can borrow for about 2 to 2.5 hours to administer the test? I'd also need to interview the parent/guardian of the child for background information. Additionally, as I'm a first year doctoral student, any and all interpretations I make based on the set of scores achieved by the child cannot be disclosed for liability reasons.

None of my friends' siblings fall within that age range, so I turn to you guys. If you guys could help, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge