Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 03:33 PM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fithamoto
Stephen....you gonna have someone there to take pics & document it ?
Dont have anything planned, I would love for you to come out though sir if you are available.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:07 PM
almost3flips

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
prolly going to get started early tomorrow.. wish me luck - ive been looking at trucks and I hope I found me a beater..CHEAP action..but reliable or at least the parts for it are cheap.
Good luck man!

I see you've been going back to your spot for some more action

Old 03-11-2011, 06:58 PM
JLS2GOZ

Originally Posted by ImportedPerformance
If you guys want to come and check out the build, please do. Once completed I am going to put the car into hiding until the unveil on April 16th for our dyno day at AWD tuning.
Where is this going on. Can somebody give me directions ?
Old 03-11-2011, 07:45 PM
BearJew

So my car will be ready tomorrow... when I'm going out of town... ugh. Oh well.

I've been driving my friend's g35 around and it seems like it can't handle speed as well. Anyone else notice that? I can get up to well over 120 in the Z without a problem but in the 35, when I got up to 80, it was blowing all over the road even though it wasn't windy at all... huh.

Good luck with finishing that though IP! I bet it'll be amazing!
Old 03-12-2011, 06:32 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by BearJew
So my car will be ready tomorrow... when I'm going out of town... ugh. Oh well.

I've been driving my friend's g35 around and it seems like it can't handle speed as well. Anyone else notice that? I can get up to well over 120 in the Z without a problem but in the 35, when I got up to 80, it was blowing all over the road even though it wasn't windy at all... huh.

Good luck with finishing that though IP! I bet it'll be amazing!
BearJew, I've heard of some other members talking about at high speeds the rear end will start to feel like its drifting or floating around. This mostly caused from the lack of a rear spoiler. Do you have anything on the rear of the hatch ?

I'm not even sure if the small oem rear lip spoiler is large enough to stablize the rear at high speeds. I have a JDM Nismo spoiler so I've never felt that at high speeds.....I've even got the Z up to 150 mph and felt stable.

Besides....you shouldn't be driving that fast anyways !
Old 03-12-2011, 04:27 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

The abuse, age, and the miles on my car are taking their toll and getting to a point where they can no longer be ignored and put off without risking safety or a potentially bigger bill. I'm looking to update/replace a lot of the old parts on my car very soon so I'm looking for help on locating the below items, in order of importance:
  • full OEM Brembo brakes or other relatively cheap alternatives
  • maybe a new diff; FD will remain 3.5
  • coilovers
  • any front bumper in Daytona Blue

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. I know some of you guys are much better at finding deals than I am, so I turn to you guys for help, DFW. I'm open to all suggestions on the above items. I'm poor so the less money I have to spend, the better.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:19 PM
JLS2GOZ

I am just amazed at the horror in Japan. My family lived there for 4 years (navy) I was made (conceived) in Japan. My heart and prayers go to all the people of Japan.
Sincerely , Your Nissan family.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:33 PM
ppat1989
Professional

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
The abuse, age, and the miles on my car are taking their toll and getting to a point where they can no longer be ignored and put off without risking safety or a potentially bigger bill. I'm looking to update/replace a lot of the old parts on my car very soon so I'm looking for help on locating the below items, in order of importance:
  • coilovers

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. I know some of you guys are much better at finding deals than I am, so I turn to you guys for help, DFW. I'm open to all suggestions on the above items. I'm poor so the less money I have to spend, the better.
know how ya feel chris. I need need new suspension (might as well buy coilovers) and would like a new diff. Jake has a bumper at his house that needs a hint of fiber glass work and a paint job. He may swap you for your oem than you just paint it but idk for sure. As far as the diff goes, hit up fithamoto or Jake either one may have one laying one laying around. I personally may be either going with Megan racing coilovers or ksports. I need something fairly cheap very soon. I have a link from a vendor for megan racing track version coilovers for $830 shipped so pm me if interested and the best I can do is give you his info to see if he will give you the same if not better deal. The ksports I'm looking at are $909 + shipping.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:08 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by JLS2GOZ
I am just amazed at the horror in Japan. My family lived there for 4 years (navy) I was made (conceived) in Japan. My heart and prayers go to all the people of Japan.
Sincerely , Your Nissan family.
That is crazy Shiet going on over there.....I feel very bad for them.

My wife's mother & father are from Japan & still have relatives that live there....we visited them in 2008. All of them live by Tokyo and south.....so nobody was hurt in her family.

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
  • coilovers

Chris, I will keep an eye out for ya !

I'd sell ya my Diff for cheap...but it's Auto and 3.3 FD.

I still have a set of Oem Rotors if you want them. They have been to Eric, & Pat....none of which needed or used them.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:15 AM
JLS2GOZ

Glad to hear that family is safe Chris.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:57 PM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Car Progress:
APR Wing Installed, Interior Stripped, Harness Bar, Seats, Harness Installed.
Stop Tech 6/4 BBK, SPC Front Control Arms, Rear Toe Arms, Sway Bars, Quaife LSD, ACT 6Puck Clutch and HD Pressure Plate Installed.

Turbo Kit Progress:
Injectors Replaced, Spark Plugs Replaced, Fuel Pump Assembly Modified, AC Lines Replaced/Moved, New Coolant Lines Ran, Inter-Cooler Mounted, Power Steering Cooler Relocated.

Preparing for:
Gauges, Exhaust Piping, Taping the Block... Well I can sum this up. Preparing to finish the car and get it on the ground again!

Old 03-13-2011, 05:35 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Very nice! I noticed the first event was a week ago. Are you building the engine at all?
Old 03-13-2011, 10:24 PM
ppat1989
Professional

Originally Posted by ImportedPerformance
Car Progress:
APR Wing Installed, Interior Stripped, Harness Bar, Seats, Harness Installed.
Stop Tech 6/4 BBK, SPC Front Control Arms, Rear Toe Arms, Sway Bars, Quaife LSD, ACT 6Puck Clutch and HD Pressure Plate Installed.

Turbo Kit Progress:
Injectors Replaced, Spark Plugs Replaced, Fuel Pump Assembly Modified, AC Lines Replaced/Moved, New Coolant Lines Ran, Inter-Cooler Mounted, Power Steering Cooler Relocated.

Preparing for:
Gauges, Exhaust Piping, Taping the Block... Well I can sum this up. Preparing to finish the car and get it on the ground again!

EFFFF your AC lines lol and your "quick disconnect" tool for the AC!!! I'll be back over there this weekend to help out some more and hopefully minus my death illness this time lol
Old 03-14-2011, 05:27 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

^^^Ditto on the bearing holmes...that sucked.. I wanted good news damnit..at least I know I can do bearings though - pressing them off/on..

At least I made the A/C line work .....I just hope it holds up when new refrigerant gets put back in

stephen - what was the tap size we needed again? Im going to order me a set of fine thread.. this generic sae/metric crap is for the birds..I dont like being in a crunch and no stores have what we need or they are open from 9-5 when most people work..

Last edited by AcidJake75; 03-14-2011 at 05:43 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:48 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

OH SNAP! SPL came through with their promise... SOLID!!

WOO-HOO! Im installing these this wkend..!
Old 03-14-2011, 07:46 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

You guys gonna work on it tonight ? or are you all done ?
Old 03-14-2011, 08:12 AM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by fithamoto
You guys gonna work on it tonight ? or are you all done ?
Yes I will be working on it again tonight... Trying to get this bish finished.

stephen - what was the tap size we needed again? Im going to order me a set of fine thread.. this generic sae/metric crap is for the birds..I dont like being in a crunch and no stores have what we need or they are open from 9-5 when most people work..
Drill bit - 37/64
Tap - 3/8" NPT 18

Heading to Grainger tonight to pick both of them up.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:40 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Thanks Stephen - I will order now... I will be doing a spring install and then I will assist with rest of the install after I get done with that..
Old 03-14-2011, 08:42 AM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thanks Stephen - I will order now... I will be doing a spring install and then I will assist with rest of the install after I get done with that..
What set are you ordering? I may want to pick a set up for myself actually...
Old 03-14-2011, 08:49 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

^^^so far the cheapest I have found...I wanted a bigger set...but Im not paying 150+ for that...I will keep looking -

http://www.amazon.com/Irwin-Hanson-H.../dp/B002CTXQKS

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge