Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[Austin]: Good place to repair hail damage?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Duqx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good place to repair hail damage?

I got some hail damage to my car last weekend (including broken windshield) and was wondering where a good place in the Austin area would be to get it repaired.

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2009, 09:20 PM
mthreat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the dents, I've used a place called Dentworks on burnet road, Trey did great work on my car. For the windshield I'm not sure,... for a general body/paint shop Rebreu on Kramer lane is good, I'm sure they can do a windshield. Also I think there are places that will come out to you and install your windshield... maybe Safelite? google these
Old 04-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Duqx

Thanks for the reply.

I have also head good things about Rebreu on another thread, so I think I will go check them out
Old 04-08-2009, 02:40 PM
DarkSide350z

if youre looking to get a windshield done, theres a shop/repair place at the bottom of Old Spicewood Springs Road and Yaupon right there on the corner and they do really good work for a pretty good price too, i cant remember the name of the shop but if you drive down there youll see it, its right next to a junkyard at the bottom of Yaupon
Old 04-08-2009, 10:33 PM
mthreat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zroadster
if youre looking to get a windshield done, theres a shop/repair place at the bottom of Old Spicewood Springs Road and Yaupon right there on the corner and they do really good work for a pretty good price too, i cant remember the name of the shop but if you drive down there youll see it, its right next to a junkyard at the bottom of Yaupon
Yeah I've passed that place while driving spicewood springs road (for fun) ... I think it's called Ace auto glass repair or something. Yeah i found it on google maps - http://www.acediscountglass.net/productsservices.nxg

I've never used them so I can't vouch for them.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:44 PM
delsolkid

I had to go round and round with my insurance co. because all the glass they wanted to use did not have all the factory shading to cover the home link wires it was a nightmare. But they approved the suppliment yesterday so hopefully it will be ready next week sometime. It ended up costing $1100 for windshield and hatch glass.

Last edited by delsolkid; 04-08-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:27 PM
MarvinMartian

Originally Posted by mthreat
I've used a place called Dentworks on burnet road, Trey did great work on my car.

Good to know.

I'm waiting to hear back from Trey for when he can schedule me to drop my car off (hail got me -- lightly, but it got me).

They are SWAMPED right now.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:04 PM
delsolkid

Woohoo finally got my car back. They did a good job on the body and paint. I had them put on a cf hood instead of replacing the factory and I'm not a big fan. Not sure yet but might have a brand new siebon hood for trade for a stock white one here soon.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Duqx

Originally Posted by delsolkid
Woohoo finally got my car back. They did a good job on the body and paint. I had them put on a cf hood instead of replacing the factory and I'm not a big fan. Not sure yet but might have a brand new siebon hood for trade for a stock white one here soon.
What shop did you get your car fixed at? Any issues with the work they did?
Old 04-20-2009, 03:59 AM
delsolkid

I took it to protech overall they did a pretty good job. They matched the paint really well and they fixed my broken front bumber for free. There is a clear coat drip on the underside of my wing that they missed and i found one really light dent they missed so I might take it back up there if i have time but honestly I thinking I can sand down the drip and live with the dent being without a car for 2 weeks was horrible
Old 04-20-2009, 02:37 PM
SA Z-boi

what style seibon is it, oem? I have a ppw sitting in my garage. It may need a new paint job but I can getting it painted for you since im getting my side painted.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:05 PM
delsolkid

Its oem style wet look. I 'm not sure about it yet. It's weird my car is not exactly low key but with that hood it feels like my car screams ricer. what do yall think?

Last edited by delsolkid; 04-20-2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: pic 2 big
Old 04-20-2009, 09:16 PM
SA Z-boi

never mind, Im not looking for an oem. As far as it looking to ricer, I think if you got a different cf hood beside oem it would flow better with your car since you have that body kit on.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:06 PM
austinwindshiel

Thumbs up A Great Place To Get Auto Glass Work Done.

Austin's most trusted and reliable auto glass repair and windshield replacement service. We provide free mobile service and use premium OEM quality glass. Free online instant quote. We fix car windows and replace windshields and we give away a free pizza with every windshield replacement. Windshield repair is not all we do, we also fix car and truck door glass and back glass too. Austin, Round Rock, Georgetown, Cedar Park, and Kyle Tx are all in our mobile service area.

http://www.austinwindshields.net