Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Need help searching for a good bodyshop in Dallas area

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 11:27 PM
HaNkYs_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Need help searching for a good bodyshop in Dallas area

Hi guys

I need your help locating a good bodyshop to paint and install my greddy full kit, which will arrive within next two days, I never have any experience with the bodyshop here, so I dont know who is good or bad, any of you guys have experience with it, can you please help me and recommend me some bodyshop in DALLAS area ( I lived in Plano ) with excellent work and good price, thanks

and for those of you have installed a bodykit on you Z, how much did it cost you to install your bodykit and hows the paint match with the factory paint? thanQ

Old 09-23-2003, 04:25 AM
Bankheist

I'm assuming by the color of your avatar that you have a Daytona Blue (pain in the butt to match) ask those who have the Nismo rear wing in the rear.

I dont have a 350z, so I'm not aware of all the different kits available for the car, but I assume your full bodykit includes front bumper, side valences, rear bumper and a wing.

you have two options, paint all of the pieces at one time based upon a color matching technique using the current color of your car, or the more priceyer (and more exact way to insurance a perfect match) is to "blend" each adjacent panel of your vehicle.

The first way will look rather nice, while the second way will be of show car quality... all depends upon what you are trying to accomplish.

By the way, I work as a quality control technicianat Huffines Collision Center in Lewisville.

We have a humongous facility, one of the largest in the Soutwestern US, we are a direct repair facility for just about every major insurance provider, we do a quality job and the right price and all of work is covered for the life of your ownership of the vehicle. We also offer an in-house Enterprise Rental Car office.

If you want to come in and get something taken care of, or you have been involved in accident go ahead and call me on 972-538-7231

-Kevin
Old 09-23-2003, 05:24 AM
gooters

That sounds too tough. I think you should give up. btw, I'll take that kit off yoru hands for free!
Old 09-23-2003, 07:33 AM
ColecatZ

If you want a very highend quality job, check out Stuart's off of Plano Rd. You'll pay for what you get as they are very thorough, but the work is top notch and they have matched the Daytona Blue on a full kit before.......something that from all I've heard.....is very difficult to do. My Z was only four months old when I took it there and it looked chumped in the parking lot with Ferraris and 911's.

Now, this is in no way a post to downplay Bankheist's suggestion, just another option.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:23 AM
HaNkYs_Z

Originally posted by ColecatZ
If you want a very highend quality job, check out Stuart's off of Plano Rd. You'll pay for what you get as they are very thorough, but the work is top notch and they have matched the Daytona Blue on a full kit before.......something that from all I've heard.....is very difficult to do. My Z was only four months old when I took it there and it looked chumped in the parking lot with Ferraris and 911's.

Now, this is in no way a post to downplay Bankheist's suggestion, just another option.

Hope this helps.
Hi, where exactly is the location? plano rd and where, do you have the phone # to it and how much is the average cost for a job like my, is it going to be like thousand dollar to do a paint job over there? thanks
Old 09-23-2003, 10:31 AM
ColecatZ

I have invoices at home from my Nismo Fascia that should have the address and numbers on it. I found two listings for it online.

STUART PAINT AND BODY 10660 Plano Rd Dallas TX 75238 (214) 221-6999
STUARTS PAINT AND BODY 10440 Plano Rd Dallas TX 75238 (214) 343-5153

If you take 635 east towards Rockwall.....about 2 miles past highway 75 is the exit for Plano Rd. Once you exit take a left on Plano Rd and it's down about 1.5 miles on your right.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:21 PM
moog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New Concept in Plano off of Ave K just north of Legacy on the east side.

New Concept Autoworks
6800 K Avenue
Plano, TX 75074
972-578-1220
972-881-2958

They deal heavily in custom conversions, body kits, and aftermarket body work.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:47 AM
HaNkYs_Z

Originally posted by Bankheist
I'm assuming by the color of your avatar that you have a Daytona Blue (pain in the butt to match) ask those who have the Nismo rear wing in the rear.

I dont have a 350z, so I'm not aware of all the different kits available for the car, but I assume your full bodykit includes front bumper, side valences, rear bumper and a wing.

you have two options, paint all of the pieces at one time based upon a color matching technique using the current color of your car, or the more priceyer (and more exact way to insurance a perfect match) is to "blend" each adjacent panel of your vehicle.

The first way will look rather nice, while the second way will be of show car quality... all depends upon what you are trying to accomplish.

By the way, I work as a quality control technicianat Huffines Collision Center in Lewisville.

We have a humongous facility, one of the largest in the Soutwestern US, we are a direct repair facility for just about every major insurance provider, we do a quality job and the right price and all of work is covered for the life of your ownership of the vehicle. We also offer an in-house Enterprise Rental Car office.

If you want to come in and get something taken care of, or you have been involved in accident go ahead and call me on 972-538-7231

-Kevin

Hi, Kevin, thanks for the info!

so you saying that u guys will also do the bodykit paint n stall too? will you be able to give me a quote, tell me how much it will be to install my greddy kit? my kit include side skirt, front lip , and a half bumper in the back, no spoiler, thanks
Old 09-24-2003, 09:51 AM
HaNkYs_Z

I have invoices at home from my Nismo Fascia that should have the address and numbers on it. I found two listings for it online.

If you take 635 east towards Rockwall.....about 2 miles past highway 75 is the exit for Plano Rd. Once you exit take a left on Plano Rd and it's down about 1.5 miles on your right.

Hope this helps.
thanks for the info!
may i ask how much did they charge you to install your kit? b/c they r going to charge me $2200 for full kit install n paint, so i dont know if thats how much they charge on you car or what, and i also ask him how many Z have he install bodykit on and he told me about a dozen, so i am wondering did they charge everyone of them $2200 or more , thanks
Old 09-24-2003, 09:54 AM
Bankheist

Originally posted by HaNkYs_Z
Hi, Kevin, thanks for the info!

so you saying that u guys will also do the bodykit paint n stall too? will you be able to give me a quote, tell me how much it will be to install my greddy kit? my kit include side skirt, front lip , and a half bumper in the back, no spoiler, thanks
Well, tell me how it all attaches to the car. I need to know if any drilling or custom fitting is required on the underside to make it all fit perfectly.

Yes, all of out paint work is done in a downdraft style booth. Also, your car is blue, correct? I assume you will be able to leave it here as well.

Feel free to PM me.
-Kevin
Old 09-24-2003, 10:12 AM
HaNkYs_Z

Originally posted by Bankheist
Well, tell me how it all attaches to the car. I need to know if any drilling or custom fitting is required on the underside to make it all fit perfectly.

Yes, all of out paint work is done in a downdraft style booth. Also, your car is blue, correct? I assume you will be able to leave it here as well.

Feel free to PM me.
-Kevin
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ght=greddy+kit

hi kevin , check out the thread above it contains a picture for my kit , front, back n side, and if i am correct, i think the kit is predrilled, but maybe some molding require, thanks
Old 09-24-2003, 10:16 AM
HaNkYs_Z

Hope this helps.
Hi, thanks for the info

i stop by today n get a quote and they quote me freaking $2200 for install and paint, i am wondering how much did they charge you on ur kit install n paint? and i also asked them how many Z they have done and they told me a dozen, so i am wondering , did all those Z owner pay this much of money to get their bodykit install and paint , thanks
Old 09-24-2003, 10:16 AM
ColecatZ

Originally posted by HaNkYs_Z
thanks for the info!
may i ask how much did they charge you to install your kit? b/c they r going to charge me $2200 for full kit install n paint, so i dont know if thats how much they charge on you car or what, and i also ask him how many Z have he install bodykit on and he told me about a dozen, so i am wondering did they charge everyone of them $2200 or more , thanks
I just did the front fascia......test fit, pull it back off make any needed changes, prep and shoot and install. Took them about 4 days but I don't know how much of that was actuall labor. $600
Old 09-24-2003, 10:31 AM
HaNkYs_Z

Hi Kevin

yes, my car is blue and i will leave it will you and also i try to call you with that # you gave, but i got a voicemail with some lady's voice, so i dont know if this is the right # or not, but my cell phone is 469-855-4265 , my name is Hank, so please feel free to call me or we can just chat on this thread or i will call you again if the # is right, thanks
Old 09-24-2003, 11:31 AM
Bankheist

yeah somethings up with calling me directly :shruggs:

I'll give you a call later tonight

-Kevin