Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

APEXi AFC Neo: throttle and knock sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 03:18 PM
chochoky86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by al_v
I have installed my Apexi SAFC2 according to this diagram , and works perfect

I have an 2006 350Z and it dosen't have anyhting connected to where the diagram says IG power there's a wire under it and it's green but I don't know if that's it, anybody has any idea where to connect the IG power is suppose to be connected to? could it be that I'm looking it upside down? or the 2006 ECU is different than the 2003?

Last edited by chochoky86; 08-30-2006 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:21 PM
El Verdugo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by al_v
I have installed my Apexi SAFC2 according to this diagram , and works perfect
Hola Al_V, te tengo unas preguntas sobre el NEO, mire q tu estas corriendo boost en tu Z y nada mas estas utilizando el NEO para controlar al % de gasolina en la maquina? Parece q te esta dando buenos resultados.

Mi preguntas es tu sujieres un NEO-AFC para un '04 350z q tiene nada mas bolt ons(I/H/E?pulley)? Con esto es suficiente para sacar lo mejor de estas partes?

Ya q el me pregunto y yo le dije que un UTEC seria otra opcion pero tu sabes q el precio de el NEO vs UTEC es grande.

Gracias,

Alberto
Old 09-10-2006, 12:29 PM
M3to350z

lol yo quiero wtf he just said.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

lol wtf @ el verdugo...
Old 09-10-2006, 06:28 PM
El Verdugo

Originally Posted by El Verdugo
Hola Al_V, te tengo unas preguntas sobre el NEO, mire q tu estas corriendo boost en tu Z y nada mas estas utilizando el NEO para controlar al % de gasolina en la maquina? Parece q te esta dando buenos resultados.

Mi preguntas es tu sujieres un NEO-AFC para un '04 350z q tiene nada mas bolt ons(I/H/E?pulley)? Con esto es suficiente para sacar lo mejor de estas partes?

Ya q el me pregunto y yo le dije que un UTEC seria otra opcion pero tu sabes q el precio de el NEO vs UTEC es grande.

Gracias,

Alberto
Sorry guys, well what I was saying, I should of said it in english since the guy I directed this reply to never answered.
I have some questions regarding the NEO, look you are running boost in your Z, you are only utilizing the NEO to run your fuel in the engine? Looks like it is giving you good results.

My question is do you suggest a NEO for the 350z if you are only have the basic bolt ons in your vehicle. With this unit is it sufficient to get the most of the basic bolt ons and pulley.

Well I guess if one can afford it a better direction would be to invest in a UTEC instead or woudl this be an overkill for a NA vehicle?

This is what I had written in spanish a whiel back.

Thanks,
Alberto
Old 09-15-2006, 07:38 AM
Zincognito

Great question that no one answered, but if i am not mistaking, doesnt our stock ecu reset itself every 50 miles or so? meaning that the afc would be a waste of money...
Old 09-15-2006, 07:41 AM
johnny_domino

Many people have said that it makes a AFC pointless, but others have said the exact opposite. Nobody has proved either side yet.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:45 AM
Chocodka@aol.co

When I got my car tuned we ran the A/F plots and the car was running really rich up top and really lean down low at WOT. So in turn, we added fuel down low and took it away up top.

After the tune the A/F ranged between 13.41:1 to 13:49:1. I was pushing 254whp/261wtq (Injen CAI/Kinetix Plenum/Stillen TP/AFC Tuned). The car runs a lot smoother than it did before.

Then I added cat back exhaust and changed intakes so I don't now how that will effect it. So I'm going for a retune next weekend.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:47 AM
El Verdugo

Originally Posted by johnny_domino
Many people have said that it makes a AFC pointless, but others have said the exact opposite. Nobody has proved either side yet.
Yeah same thing for the new mustangs, even on the Diablo-Predator and SCT programmers the computer in the car is so smart that it re-learns the driving tendencies of the owner. It then reverts itself back to the original economy tune and negates the performance tune that was added. SO then the owner must reflash the ECU with the same program in order to get to the performance level it once had with the programmer.

I hope some one is able to do a test and see where the truth lies.

Alberto
Old 09-15-2006, 07:51 AM
Chocodka@aol.co

Originally Posted by Zincognito
Great question that no one answered, but if i am not mistaking, doesnt our stock ecu reset itself every 50 miles or so? meaning that the afc would be a waste of money...
If thats true it still won't matter... The AFC is like a piggyback. When the car is at XXXX rpm with XX throttle then it will add as much fuel as you tell it to. The ecu won't change that because the rpm/throttle is constantly changing and the AFC keeps the same tune unless you reset the AFC.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:11 AM
ryanmac516
i like boobies

i have been looking for a post like this for a while i have all bolt ons and i think this is the next step for me is this something that i can install by myself or do i need a good bit if knowlege to install this thing thanks in advance
Old 09-15-2006, 08:25 AM
El Verdugo

Originally Posted by ryanmac516
i have been looking for a post like this for a while i have all bolt ons and i think this is the next step for me is this something that i can install by myself or do i need a good bit if knowlege to install this thing thanks in advance
Nah it is not hard to install at all, most of the wires need to be just tapped and one needs to be spliced to it can intercept the map or maf reading.

After that you will need a wideband 02 sensor like LM-1 from Automotive or take it to your local dyno to have the AFR set correctly.

Alberto
Old 09-15-2006, 10:02 AM
Zincognito

and i understand that but many others have tried and failed. dont believe me, do a search. i have spoken to numerous tuners and they all tell me to save my money.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:32 PM
El Verdugo

Originally Posted by Zincognito
and i understand that but many others have tried and failed. dont believe me, do a search. i have spoken to numerous tuners and they all tell me to save my money.
Save your money and get a UTEC, now that is not even a close comparison. I am going to say this, most of the tuners I know will always tell you that the best road to travel is one that yields the complete control and a AFC is not one of them.

I agree as well.

Alberto
Old 08-01-2012, 09:40 PM
khalid

Hello

i am having problem with afc neo for my 350z z33 2004 manual
american spec

i have connected all the wires but only have the problem with the RPM.

on the apexi neo, the reading of the rpm is not accurate and goes high above 10000 and below to "0" zero even.

i would like to know where can i connect the RPM wire
as said on other forums, i have conneted to Pin 62- RPM On ECU Yellow/Red, On AFC Green

but still its not operating properly.

after all the installation, there is to be set of the 1 cylinder, how can that be done..need help guys
Old 08-11-2012, 03:53 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Try connecting to an injector wire instead of coil wire. The coil signal is too weak for most pickups.