Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 07:40 AM
PunKidd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PunKidd
We have a base map for HR motor w/ plenum spacer, JWT pop charger, and exhaust.

-Jared.
\

Sorry about the confusion (I was confused). I was thinking Rev Up not HR We don't support the HR motor yet. We are working on it.

-Jared.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:43 AM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by Conceyted
Bump! Anyone know specifics about using an aftermarket wideband? I am looking into using the Innovate LC-1 but how can it log with the cipher/osiris software?

Also, is it possible to use a USB extension and extend the cable another 5 or so feet?
Cipher can't log external sensors (yet), you will have to use an RPM pickup to log RPM & AFR. We will only be able to tune for WOT, but we can usually get partial throttle tuned well when we see what is going on at WOT.

You can use an extension for logging, but we highly recomend NOT using an extension to reflash.

-Jared.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:12 AM
RedondoG

Jesus Jared,
It's Sunday and you're answering e-mails.
Take a break!
Old 07-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Conceyted

Thanks for the responses to my questions I have another one coming over PM

And to RedondoG, Nooo!!! We need him At least I do. But yea, kick back and have a beer or two.

Last edited by Conceyted; 07-08-2007 at 08:30 AM.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:55 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sent an email last week...eagerly awaiting a response
Old 07-08-2007, 05:45 PM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by RedondoG
Jesus Jared,
It's Sunday and you're answering e-mails.
Take a break!
I'm crus'n down 290 between Huston and Austin and my girlfriend is driving anyway, so I may as well get some work done .
Wireless broadband is GREAT!
Old 07-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Marshall2K

This thread is huge. I may have missed it but... what is the cost of the Osiris cable for "two" licenses?
Old 07-08-2007, 06:32 PM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by Marshall2K
This thread is huge. I may have missed it but... what is the cost of the Osiris cable for "two" licenses?
Osiris = 700 + SH
Extra license (limit 2 total) = 400
Total 1100 + SH
Old 07-09-2007, 07:07 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by Lady Jax
All five maps are reflashed and available through the cruise control switches.
How did you specify the tune for five (5) maps? I went to purchase Osiris and only found options for three (3) maps.

I'd like to have a stock map and a valet map, but also want at least two performance maps. If I can only have three maps, I'll probably forgo the valet map, but five would be perfect.

I also noticed two other checkboxes (options) for each map. What does "[] Optimized Throttle Control" mean? Does that mean getting the throttle to open 100 percent?

What does "[] Map N Air/Fuel Tuning" mean. Does that mean you just check it if you want A/F adjustments?
Old 07-09-2007, 09:34 AM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by __jb
How did you specify the tune for five (5) maps? I went to purchase Osiris and only found options for three (3) maps.

I'd like to have a stock map and a valet map, but also want at least two performance maps. If I can only have three maps, I'll probably forgo the valet map, but five would be perfect.

I also noticed two other checkboxes (options) for each map. What does "[] Optimized Throttle Control" mean? Does that mean getting the throttle to open 100 percent?

What does "[] Map N Air/Fuel Tuning" mean. Does that mean you just check it if you want A/F adjustments?
You can add special instructions in the TXT field where you list the details of you mods. Honestly the only ECU that is limited to 3 maps are the 04 Titans, so we will be updating the order page so that there are 5.

Yes, throttle control will cause the throttle to go to 100% from a dead stop.
AFR tuning is an option so that people can build maps ala carte. For instance it is common to want a low octane map or a towing map that has ETC and AFR, but no extra ignition.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:49 PM
skaterbasist

You can add special instructions in the TXT field where you list the details of you mods. Honestly the only ECU that is limited to 3 maps are the 04 Titans, so we will be updating the order page so that there are 5.

AFR tuning is an option so that people can build maps ala carte. For instance it is common to want a low octane map or a towing map that has ETC and AFR, but no extra ignition.
Just to clarify:

-Going to 100% open throttle at a dead stop: Won't that cause a loss of low end torque?

-Regarding the "Air/Fuel Tuning" option: that's a must-option for the performance tuned map right? For the performance map, I wan't everything possible in regards to better optimization of performance. If I click this "Air/Fuel tuning", this will also include ignition timing , correct?

-The "Air/Fuel" tuning option should not be checked for the "Stock Map" if everything is wanted completely stock regarding the ECU, right? Does the same apply for the throttle control for the "Stock" map?

Thanks Jarred!

Old 07-10-2007, 05:19 PM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Just to clarify:
-Going to 100% open throttle at a dead stop: Won't that cause a loss of low end torque?
-Regarding the "Air/Fuel Tuning" option: that's a must-option for the performance tuned map right? For the performance map, I wan't everything possible in regards to better optimization of performance. If I click this "Air/Fuel tuning", this will also include ignition timing , correct?
-The "Air/Fuel" tuning option should not be checked for the "Stock Map" if everything is wanted completely stock regarding the ECU, right? Does the same apply for the throttle control for the "Stock" map?
Thanks Jarred!
The dyno says more power/tq w/ the TB opening 100%. It is VERY obvious on the Titans as they make 30+ more HP below 3000RPMs w/ the ETC flatened out.

Yes, you'll want everything for a fully tuned map. If you state that you're looking for a 91 or 93 oct tuned map, then we will include the ignition.

Don't check any extra tables (AFR, ETC) if you want a 100% stock map.

Jared.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:07 PM
skaterbasist

The dyno says more power/tq w/ the TB opening 100%. It is VERY obvious on the Titans as they make 30+ more HP below 3000RPMs w/ the ETC flatened out.

Yes, you'll want everything for a fully tuned map. If you state that you're looking for a 91 or 93 oct tuned map, then we will include the ignition.

Don't check any extra tables (AFR, ETC) if you want a 100% stock map.

Jared.
Thanks Jared.

One last question before im sold on this UpRev Osiris

Regarding "fine tuning", how exactly will this be available? Do I simply just email UpRev regarding Osiris and include the data logs from the Cipher or a dyno sheet?

Is there a specific email and or person?

Old 07-10-2007, 09:19 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Thanks, Jared. Five maps will be plenty for me. Optimum will be to have a stock map, valet, and three performance maps... 91 octane, 93 octane, and fully tuned.

Do you normally put the maps in any specific order? It doesn't really matter what order the maps are in to me... maybe having the performance maps numbered from lowest to highest in performance order. Just thinking that most people will probably want similar group of maps... It might be easier for you if you always make map 1 stock... map 2 valet... and so on.

I think I'm going to take my best shot at filling out the separate areas of your web form and also explain everything in the text box with my mods. I hope the text box can accept a lot of text.

I'm going to be upgrading my Cipher registration, so I'll have to send my existing Cipher cable back to you, too. Should I just use the address on the product page of your web site?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:30 PM
skaterbasist

Do you normally put the maps in any specific order? It doesn't really matter what order the maps are in to me... maybe having the performance maps numbered from lowest to highest in performance order. Just thinking that most people will probably want similar group of maps... It might be easier for you if you always make map 1 stock... map 2 valet... and so on.
You choose. If you wan't, you can just check out there options by clicking adding the UpRev Osiris to the basket and clicking "buy one now".

You don't have to buy it first to see the options it gives you.

https://order.uprev.com/mm5/merchant...bc104c1bc3134&

Old 07-11-2007, 09:01 AM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Thanks Jared.

One last question before im sold on this UpRev Osiris

Regarding "fine tuning", how exactly will this be available? Do I simply just email UpRev regarding Osiris and include the data logs from the Cipher or a dyno sheet?

Is there a specific email and or person?

Yep, just email us Cipher logs w/
AFR (Make sure your ECU is set up in the wide band conversion. See Cipher user guide)
Accelerator position (either one)
Base fuel schedule
Calculated load
Coolant temp
Engine speed (RPM)
Ignition timing advance
Throttle position (either one)
to tune AFR.

Ignition tuning will require dyno pulls, so it's a lot slower and more costly.

I do all the eTuning updates, so you can just email the logs and or charts to me.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:07 AM
PunKidd

Thanks, Jared. Five maps will be plenty for me. Optimum will be to have a stock map, valet, and three performance maps... 91 octane, 93 octane, and fully tuned.

I think I'm going to take my best shot at filling out the separate areas of your web form and also explain everything in the text box with my mods. I hope the text box can accept a lot of text.

I'm going to be upgrading my Cipher registration, so I'll have to send my existing Cipher cable back to you, too. Should I just use the address on the product page of your web site?
We order the maps however people like, but the order you stated is pretty typical.
This is the most typical layout:
Map
1 100% stock
2 Stock + AFR + ETC - Speed (87/89oct tune)
3 91oct tune
4 93oct tune
5 Valet (3500RPM/40MPH)

93 oct tune is a fully tuned map.

Yes, the address on the product page will do the trick.

Jared.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:01 PM
lightner22

We order the maps however people like, but the order you stated is pretty typical.
This is the most typical layout:
Map
1 100% stock
2 Stock + AFR + ETC - Speed (87/89oct tune)
3 91oct tune
4 93oct tune
5 Valet (3500RPM/40MPH)

93 oct tune is a fully tuned map.

Yes, the address on the product page will do the trick.

Jared.
Sounds good. Do you have a fuel efficiency map? I'd be more interested in that as opposed to the 87/89.
Also, with the 91/93 maps are the speed limiter/rev limiter bumped?
Old 07-12-2007, 11:03 AM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by lightner22
Sounds good. Do you have a fuel efficiency map? I'd be more interested in that as opposed to the 87/89.
Also, with the 91/93 maps are the speed limiter/rev limiter bumped?
We've provided a couple people w/ experimental econo maps, but honestly we have not done any testing on them. We basically lean the AFR targets out a little from stock and put a 5K rev limit on them. Whether or not that helps gas mileage has yet to be proven.

We will set the rev limits as requested. Typically we will not go above 7250 unless some eTuning has been done first to make sure everything is running as expected. At that point we can go higher if need be.
Jared
Old 07-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Andres_Miami

Ok guys, I have read this thread. I have been having trouble rising the RPMs on the UTEC, apperently it is is my ECU. Since next week I'm parking my car for the clucth, how long should it take you to reflash it. The car is not going to be at the shop for more than 3 days. I understand that you need to cover your @$$, and that is why it is advertaised that it will be done in less than 5 business days. That's why:
1) How long is your average process? I need to provide this information to the owner of the shop.
2) If I pay now will it guarantee a faster return?
3) I'm going with the MIR0, and I'm planing on filling the blanks this way:

Select Vehicle: 350z
VIN#: ##########
Desired Rev Limiter: 8500
Desired Speed Limiter: 200
Desired RPM at Idle - Affects all Maps: +250

is this wright? do you need any other information?

Thank you.

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev