Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 06:15 AM
cc1012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No offense....... but cobbs software will be better WHEN it comes out for the simple reason that the end user can edit there maps and go to any tuner with a dyno and have it done.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:27 AM
RedondoG

One final question (oh ya, that's right) before I make my decision on this. After loading in a group of maps will the dealer be able to tell if I've messed with the ECU (is their equipment sophisticated enough to tell if custom maps have been loaded)? If so, will I be able to return this to a "stock" condition before taking it in for warrenty service?
Terry
Old 06-27-2007, 07:32 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

I thought the UTEC took total control from the ECU at wide open throttle?
Old 06-27-2007, 10:40 AM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by Lady Jax
Thanks, Jared. I'll be in touch as soon as we get the Vortech installed. By the way, you mentioned that two vehicles can be licensed to one Osiris kit. The website does not provide any place for purchasing the other license. We should call for the particulars? Thanks, again!!!
Yes, you have to contact us about an additional license.

Originally Posted by cc1012
No offense....... but cobbs software will be better WHEN it comes out for the simple reason that the end user can edit there maps and go to any tuner with a dyno and have it done.
None taken. Is that a when or an IF? They did start working on it more than 4 years ago. It's not a simple task, but it is pretty obvious that Nissan is not their highest priority. Also, if you read this whole thread you would see that there is an end user tunable version of Osiris in the works. Only time will tell who makes it to market w/ end user tenability first, but at least we’re offering something for people to flash w/o shipping ECUs and dealing w/ down time NOW.

Originally Posted by RedondoG
One final question (oh ya, that's right) before I make my decision on this. After loading in a group of maps will the dealer be able to tell if I've messed with the ECU (is their equipment sophisticated enough to tell if custom maps have been loaded)? If so, will I be able to return this to a "stock" condition before taking it in for warrenty service?
Terry
The only way that the dealer is going to be able to tell if you have Osiris is if they know about map switching and how to use it.
We have a consult II in house and there isn’t anything that the dealer tool can do that will let them know you’ve been flashed.
Currently Osiris does not flash back to 100% stock. You can flash to stock values, but the maps switching will still be in place. Reverting back to 100% stock and getting your license off of the ECU is a feature that we’re still working on.

-Jared.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:49 AM
Doc25398

I had heard somewhere before that the ECU's had a limited memory capacity, and that reflashing it so many times would wear it out. I think I heard this about subaru's having a limited amount of times you can flash teh ECU before it no longer works. Is there any light you can shed on this?
Old 06-27-2007, 10:54 AM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by Doc25398
I had heard somewhere before that the ECU's had a limited memory capacity, and that reflashing it so many times would wear it out. I think I heard this about subaru's having a limited amount of times you can flash teh ECU before it no longer works. Is there any light you can shed on this?
The processor data sheet does say that the flash memory has a minimum lifetime of at least 200 reflashes or more. We have flashed ECU's many more times than that for testing purposes and we have not seen any signs of memory degradation. 200 reflashes should be WELL beyond the typical enthusiast’s needs.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:44 AM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even if someone did flash their ecu one to many times, you can buy one out of a wrecking yard for 100$ or less.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:05 PM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Jared,

What the time frame on getting Osiris an the ECU Map Shipped out?

Also what dose Osiris Stand for ?

Chad
Old 06-27-2007, 02:24 PM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by cdoxp800
Jared,

What the time frame on getting Osiris an the ECU Map Shipped out?

Also what dose Osiris Stand for ?

Chad
We can usually get a system out within two days.

We're not all the creative here at UpRev. Osiris = Egyption God of fertility. Since we're trying to get all the HP out of these engines/ECUs we thought it was somewhat fitting. Honestly, we just don't like to spend time coming up w/ product names. We'd rather work on R&D
Old 06-27-2007, 02:30 PM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Jared,

Thanks. I Google'd it first myself. Kind of funny. Well I am glad you guys Continue to R&D your program.
As soon as I can get the ECU Part number you'll have my $700.00 bucks

Chad
Old 06-27-2007, 09:18 PM
dragonbz99

Since 2003 models dont have WB, can you still tune for target A/F ratio?
Old 06-28-2007, 04:37 AM
LMG_35C

Originally Posted by cdoxp800
Jared,

Thanks. I Google'd it first myself. Kind of funny. Well I am glad you guys Continue to R&D your program.
As soon as I can get the ECU Part number you'll have my $700.00 bucks

Chad
Does anyone know of another way, other than Cipher and talking to the dealer, to get the ECU part number? I'd like to avoid the dealership at all costs.

Is there any charge for more than 3 maps?

...also, any chance that a group discount is in the works???

...these are my last questions i promise
Old 06-28-2007, 08:21 AM
mbonus

07 G35 Sedan owner checking in...I have been following this thread with much anticipation.

Will this work with the 35VQHR in the G35 sedan?

Need a guinea pig?
Old 06-28-2007, 09:54 AM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by dragonbz99
Since 2003 models dont have WB, can you still tune for target A/F ratio?
You’ll have to add a third party WB like an innovate LC-1 w/ RPM pickup.

Originally Posted by LMG_35C
Does anyone know of another way, other than Cipher and talking to the dealer, to get the ECU part number? I'd like to avoid the dealership at all costs.
Is there any charge for more than 3 maps?
...also, any chance that a group discount is in the works???
...these are my last questions i promise
You can just call a dealer that isn’t anywhere near you if you’re worried about your warranty. We call the dealers in CA all the time when it’s past business hours here in TX. We don’t know of any other ways to get the PN. Even identical ECUs will have different part numbers for vehicles w/ different trim.
There is no charge for up to 5 maps on vehicles that support more than 3. It’s just a matter of having the extra space in memory.
No plans for group discount at this time, sorry.

Originally Posted by mbonus
07 G35 Sedan owner checking in...I have been following this thread with much anticipation.
Will this work with the 35VQHR in the G35 sedan?
Need a guinea pig?
We have a base map for HR motor w/ plenum spacer, JWT pop charger, and exhaust.

-Jared.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cc1012
if it's like past cobb systems, in order for the user to edit a cobb map, you also have to buy the street tuner software, which costs more, and, has somewhat limited capabilities vs what the Cobb Pro Software does (Pro only being offered to Cobb Certified tuners)

Seems UpRev is sort of taking the same path APR did...which is certainly a good one.

Maybe one day we'll see firmware offered, like they have for the Evo's, etc, so the advanced tuners among us can really play

Seems like a really neat step in the right direction guys

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 06-28-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:35 PM
Doc25398

Jared, your the man. I just got mine in the mail a few minutes ago. I am about to go out there and try this out. Also I will make a few logs so I can send them back for fine tunning. Anything in particular you want me to log?

Alex
Old 06-29-2007, 01:24 PM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by Doc25398
Jared, your the man. I just got mine in the mail a few minutes ago. I am about to go out there and try this out. Also I will make a few logs so I can send them back for fine tunning. Anything in particular you want me to log?

Alex
AFR (Make sure your ECU is set up in the wide band conversion. See Cipher user guide)
Accelerator position (either one)
Base fuel schedule
Calculated load
Coolant temp
Engine speed (RPM)
Ignition timing advance
Throttle position (either one)
Old 07-01-2007, 04:05 PM
skaterbasist

Wow, im almost sold on this product. I live within driving distance from Technosquare, so I was pretty much sold on them. But for me, this uprev osiris has a few advantages over TS:

-Cipher!
-Map Selector
-The fact that you can data log with cipher, send the logs to UpRev, and have them tune it from logs and list of current mods.

But my concerns, which Jared has stated are not going to be answered for a while is, are:

-Charges for additional tuning. To me, this is UpRevs greatest and only advantage over Technosquare (with the exception of the map selector). I really hope that UpRev keeps the service free; if they are forced to charge, I hope it stays well under 3 digit numbers. Or else, UpRev might be just another typical tuner.

-Removeability? I am planning on going forced induction in a few years. I will definately be going with a piggy back (UTEC) or stand alone EMS. I'm sure it will helpful for the tuner if the ECU were in stock form

I was originally planning on waiting until I have installed every single modification (Intake, Spacer, MREV2, Exhaust, HFC, Headers) before reflashing or tuning. But with UpRev's "on the fly" tuning (via email)... for NO charge, I will probably get this product ASAP, even with my few current mods (Intake, Plenum Spacer). But the only thing holding me back is the fear that UpRev might start charging at high fee's . If that's the case, I might as well go with TS or just get the UpRev osiris until all my NA modding is completed.

Jared (or anyone associated with UpRev), your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:39 AM
RedondoG

I just placed my order for Osiris.
I'll keep you guys updated.

Jared, when I called the dealed and asked for the ECU # they told me it was 23710ac405 but the new number is 406. I've never had my car in for any service so which is the right number?
Old 07-02-2007, 11:01 AM
PunKidd

We always try to run w/ the latest Nissan update, so if we have the AC406 in house then Osiris will update your ECU.
I'll check this after noon when I'm off the dyno to see if we have the 406 in house.
-Jared.

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev