Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 09:41 AM
App6MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't had much time to go out with it as I would like. I am planning a dyno trip next weekend though, so I will see how my tuned map looks compared to stock.

Until then, I'm just looking at the pretty graphs of Cipher trying to make sense with it all
Old 09-23-2007, 01:04 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by Conceyted
Yea, I am actually hoping to see some torque overlay numbers. Honestly, the torque difference feels INSANE on the tuned map compared to the untuned map. When the dyno guy drove my car on the stock map I mentioned after that the rev limiter was back down to 6800. He laughed and said yea, I could even tell that was the stock map, this car felt like it was going nowhere compared to before.
Great job on the dyno runs. It's pretty evident that the Osiris tune made a tremendous difference. Thanks for sharing the info with us.

I'm glad someone else is as happy with their Osiris tune as I am. It looks like you got great results... above the curve for the whole graph... that rocks!
Old 09-23-2007, 07:59 PM
poorbastard

can they tune FI cars with this yet?
Old 09-23-2007, 11:11 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by poorbastard
From what I understand all the way up to around 450whp is possible with this software????

SOmeone may have a more definitive answer but thats what I remember hearing

I for one will probably get this and enjoy tuning the car to its full potential with basic mods....or at least watch and learn while Shawn tunes it for me
Old 09-24-2007, 07:31 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by poorbastard
You certainly could, but I believe some of the advantages of a true piggy-back outweigh the savings of programming the standard ECU with a flash.

For instance... I don't believe you can control larger injectors without some kind of piggyback unit... Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:51 PM
dovla

Originally Posted by __jb
You certainly could, but I believe some of the advantages of a true piggy-back outweigh the savings of programming the standard ECU with a flash.

For instance... I don't believe you can control larger injectors without some kind of piggyback unit... Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Osiris can scale not just injectors but MAF also. Additionally it controls fuel, ignition and cam timings, rev and speed limits and throttle openings, plus it can switch maps and more …

Hope this helps
Old 09-24-2007, 02:40 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by dovla
Osiris can scale not just injectors but MAF also. Additionally it controls fuel, ignition and cam timings, rev and speed limits and throttle openings, plus it can switch maps and more …

Hope this helps
Thanks... Actually, I already have Osiris and am very happy with it.

Osiris can technically scale injectors, but UpRev will not create ROM files that scale injectors through e-mail. Here's a snip from an earlier message between rcdash and Jared on that exact subject:

Originally Posted by rcdash
Quick question: can you guys scale for larger injectors. I think you can, so if so, how do you do it (injector pulse width reduction?) and are there any drawbacks? Does it work at startup (like when cranking)?
(anyone that knows the answer, feel free to clue me in - thanks)

Originally Posted by PunKidd
Yes we can scale injectors, but it has to be done in person. This is done so by adjusting the K fuel value, which is a value that relates how long the injector needs to stay open to flow a specific unit of fuel. This gets a bit tricky because Nissan bases the majority of the tables off of Base Fuel Schedule which is how long the injector would have to stay open to maintain a stoich AFR based on air flow. So when you change the K value, it throws off all your load points and they have to be scaled as well. This is why we do not offer off the shelf maps for larger injectors. Injectors need to be fine tuned in person, and all the load based maps like fuel targets, ignition burn time, and cam advance all have to be fine tuned.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:27 AM
Marshall2K

I re-flashed my G35 successfuly yesterday. The flash process itself, took 26 seconds.

On my 93 tuned map, I noticed better midrange from 3000-4400, and at around 4500+rpm is when I really feel it pull hard. Almost like I had a mini-turbo. My car feels like it has finally awaken. Well, about as much as a mildly modified N/A vehicle should.

Funny, I think I heard my wheels make a slight chirp going into 4th.

I havent tried the +2 Timing yet. This Thursday I am going to Lakeland Drag Strip for test and tune night, to get some times and Datalogs. This Cipher tool is really kewl. Does anyone have any informative good links they care to share about using the Cipher?

Ignition tuning will require dyno pulls, so it's a lot slower and more costly.
For a custom AFR "and Timing" eTune, will these be the only settings I need to log on a dyno?
AFR
Accelerator position (either one)
Base fuel schedule
Calculated load
Coolant temp
Engine speed (RPM)
Ignition timing advance
Throttle position (either one)
to tune AFR.
Thanks UpRev.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:51 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by Marshall2K
I re-flashed my G35 successfuly yesterday. The flash process itself, took 26 seconds.

On my 93 tuned map, I noticed better midrange from 3000-4400, and at around 4500+rpm is when I really feel it pull hard. Almost like I had a mini-turbo. My car feels like it has finally awaken. Well, about as much as a mildly modified N/A vehicle should.

Funny, I think I heard my wheels make a slight chirp going into 4th.
Glad you're getting good results, too!

I havent tried the +2 Timing yet. This Thursday I am going to Lakeland Drag Strip for test and tune night, to get some times and Datalogs. This Cipher tool is really kewl. Does anyone have any informative good links they care to share about using the Cipher?
Cipher is really the hidden Jewel of Osiris. I haven't found any info sites for Cipher... I've just fooled around with it to test stuff out.

One cool trick is to change the index number in the graphing mode so that you can see several different graphs on the same plot. I like to group timing, A/F Ratio, RPM, throttle, and MPH all on one plot. Then I group all the temperatures on another, etc.

The next version of Cipher is supposed to have knock detection and logging. That will complete the Cipher/Osiris package! Hopefully it's on its way!

For a custom AFR "and Timing" eTune, will these be the only settings I need to log on a dyno?
AFR
Accelerator position (either one)
Base fuel schedule
Calculated load
Coolant temp
Engine speed (RPM)
Ignition timing advance
Throttle position (either one)
to tune AFR.
Thanks UpRev.
Here are the instructions Chang sent to me:

Originally Posted by Chung Chan
If you datalog a few 0-60 WOT runs, it will provide sufficient data to
get us start on remote tuning on your AFR. A good sampling in various
conditions (ie, temp, humidity, etc) will help as well.

Please log the following parameters.
A/F CORR-B1 (%)
A/F CORR-B2 (%)
AFR WB-B1 (AFR)
AFR WB-B2 (AFR)
A/F WB-B1 (V)
A/F WB-B2 (V)
ACCEL PED POS 1 (V-Accel)
B-FUEL SCHDL (ms)
CAL/LD VALUE (%)
COOLANT TEMP (F)
ENGINE RPM (rpm)
IGN TIMING (BTDC)
INJ PULSE-B1 (ms)
INJ PULSE-B2 (ms)
INTAKE AIR TMP (F)
MAF GM/S (gm/s)
MAS A/F -B1 (V)
THROTTLE POS 1 (V-Throttle)
VEHICLE SPEED (mph)
Maybe they don't need as much information as they used to. I figure it can't hurt to give them more information than they ask for.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read back several pages that some rev-up users were having difficulties with the osiris reflash, is this still the case? or have the bugs been fixed?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, I am eagerly contemplating purchasing Osiris so that I may tune with my NA mods.

Cheers,
Old 09-25-2007, 03:05 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

That was probably me. I had to send my ECU out to UpRev for them to repair it. They re-flashed it and sent it back... it worked fine.

I have since re-flashed it with a newer version of Osiris and it worked fine. I don't know if there is a newer version than what I tried the second time, but when you purchase Osiris you will get the latest/best version.

A lot of people seem to glance over the Cipher program that comes with Osiris, but it is very useful and will work on an unlimited number of cars (Nissan). Check it out on the UpRev site.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:27 PM
UpRev
Banned

We are happy to announce the first update for Osiris Rom Loader, v1.1

The new software is designed to improve flash performance and it now has the ability to self-recover failed flashes. If there is a failure during the flash routine, mailing the ECU to us is no longer necessary, the software can recover and complete the flash.

Please go to the update page on our website for more details. While you are there, be sure to check out the demonstration video.

http://www.uprev.com/text/updates.html

Matt
Old 09-28-2007, 08:57 AM
SergEK

Awesome!

Cant wait for the knock detection!
Old 09-28-2007, 04:10 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by UpRev
We are happy to announce the first update for Osiris Rom Loader, v1.1

The new software is designed to improve flash performance and it now has the ability to self-recover failed flashes. If there is a failure during the flash routine, mailing the ECU to us is no longer necessary, the software can recover and complete the flash.

Please go to the update page on our website for more details. While you are there, be sure to check out the demonstration video.

http://www.uprev.com/text/updates.html

Matt
Great job, Matt! Is that you inside the white Z in the video?

I can't believe you guys crashed an ECU in the video just to show that Osiris can repair it. Osiris' new repair feature is very cool!

Last edited by __jb; 09-28-2007 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

I want a version for the 07's!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2007, 09:35 PM
krnzzang84

does anybody who lives in chicago land have this??
if you reflash my ecu i will pay you $100 please~
Old 09-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Frostydc4

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

One last question before I order this. Since I have an 03 if I sent my AFR charts to you via e-mail would you be able to tweak the preloaded maps (or would you need datalogs)? Thanks.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:50 AM
Conceyted

He can use AFR graphs as long as they are logged with RPM's.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:51 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Not without wideband data I don't think. You're gonna have trouble with an 03 unless you have AFR data through another device - the stock O2 sensors on pre 04.5 are I believe narrowbands.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:25 AM
mikead_99

Originally Posted by krnzzang84
does anybody who lives in chicago land have this??
if you reflash my ecu i will pay you $100 please~
Won't work. It ties it's license to the first ECU s/n it connects too. That probably wouldn't be yours and if it was you would be screwing the original purchaser over as it would be unusable on his ECU.

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev