Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 08:12 AM
UpRev
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chavoush
I was wondering if Osiris would work with the full Vortech SC kit. I have an 03 Z with the SS piggyback and FMU. My understanding is that I would get rid of the piggy back and let the ECU with Osiris control the AFR. But, what about the FMU and aux fuel pump that currently is controlled by the SS box. Would I have to get rid of all of it and just get bigger injectors?

Correct, ditch the piggy back, ditch the FMU, and ditch the AUX fuel pump. Grab some larger injectors and a Walbro.

Only thing you'd want to make sure you had because it's an 03 model is some sort of AFR gauge with logging capabilities. Zeitronix, PLX, Innovate all make reasonably priced reliable logging AFR systems.

Luckily you're not far from us so we could do the tune here or if you're more comfortable with ProTech or Tuning Concepts, they are also in Austin and they are Pro Tuners for Osiris.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:12 PM
chavoush

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UpRev
Correct, ditch the piggy back, ditch the FMU, and ditch the AUX fuel pump. Grab some larger injectors and a Walbro.

Only thing you'd want to make sure you had because it's an 03 model is some sort of AFR gauge with logging capabilities. Zeitronix, PLX, Innovate all make reasonably priced reliable logging AFR systems.

Luckily you're not far from us so we could do the tune here or if you're more comfortable with ProTech or Tuning Concepts, they are also in Austin and they are Pro Tuners for Osiris.
Thanks, Actually, I've been tempted a few times to make a trip up, just to check you guys out. I was hoping I could get tuned by Osiris and you guys while keeping the FMU and vortech pump since going to have to save up some cash for new walbro and injectors. I allready used all my Hazard Pay from Iraq on the vortech kit Did just get a innovate wide band and need to install it. On a side note, would you guys be able to weld the bong to my stock cat if I make a trip up?
Old 09-04-2008, 12:22 AM
skaterbasist

Sorry if this question has been asked several times already but...

If im not going to be doing any of the tuning myself, there's absolutely no reason to get the end user tuner version, correct?

Or will a certified professional Osiris tuner need the customer to have a user tuner version in order to retune it?

Old 09-04-2008, 07:55 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by skaterbasist

If im not going to be doing any of the tuning myself, there's absolutely no reason to get the end user tuner version, correct?

Or will a certified professional Osiris tuner need the customer to have a user tuner version in order to retune it?

A Pro Tuner can tune any version of Osiris. You could even buy it directly from them. You can also get Osiris Standard for right now, and later on take it for a full dyno tune at any of our Pro Tuners.

Only reason you would need Osiris Tuner if you're not going to tune it yourself is if you wanted to take it to a non Pro Tuner shop.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:05 AM
WTX350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chavoush
Thanks, Actually, I've been tempted a few times to make a trip up, just to check you guys out. I was hoping I could get tuned by Osiris and you guys while keeping the FMU and vortech pump since going to have to save up some cash for new walbro and injectors. I allready used all my Hazard Pay from Iraq on the vortech kit Did just get a innovate wide band and need to install it. On a side note, would you guys be able to weld the bong to my stock cat if I make a trip up?

SA to Austin, are you kidding me, that's no TRIP, **** I'm ready to drive 5 hrs just to see these guys.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:44 AM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by skaterbasist

arent you going to Shawn?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:58 AM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow the new sites up, but the big buttons on the right don't work

http://www.uprev.com/
Old 09-04-2008, 11:41 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by cdoxp800
Wow the new sites up, but the big buttons on the right don't work

http://www.uprev.com/
Yup, gotta make new screen shots for the new product pages, the old ones were stale.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:49 PM
cdoxp800

Originally Posted by UpRev
Yup, gotta make new screen shots for the new product pages, the old ones were stale.
Stale.. Yeaa. There are a few that are the I found.

Example:
When you got form Here:
http://www.uprev.com/products.php

to Here:
https://order.uprev.com/mm5/merchant...tegory_Code=OS

Over all the new site is a great improvement.

How goes the 2.0 page? Any update on us early birds that bought it way back?
Old 09-04-2008, 06:08 PM
UpRev
Banned

Stale.. Yeaa. There are a few that are the I found.

Example:
When you got form Here:
http://www.uprev.com/products.php

to Here:
https://order.uprev.com/mm5/merchant...tegory_Code=OS

Over all the new site is a great improvement.

How goes the 2.0 page? Any update on us early birds that bought it way back?
Still working on the update stuff for the oldies.

The webstore will be updated this weekend or I'll have a conniption fit. The product pages will be filled out and uploaded once we have the new user guides written as they will pull most the data from those.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:28 PM
frankie945

Were are all the Pro Tuners located ? That way I can get it done on a load based Dyno.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:35 PM
wenlipai

Originally Posted by Pikespeak350Z
OSIRIS - ROM Loader
UpRev is proud to announce OSIRIS – Rom Loader software for your 350Z, G35 and Titan. Our popular Mail-In ECU Reflash service now ships straight to you!

Get more power and improved driveability with no downtime. Simply load our software onto your laptop, plug into the OBDII diagnostic port, and flash!

The Osiris Software package includes the reflash software, our new vehicle interface cable, and Cipher - Data and Diagnostic software. Once we get the information from you regarding your vehicle and modifications, we will provide you with the correct tune to load onto your ECU.
Osiris allows for multiple reflashes, so you can update your tune as you add more modifications to your vehicle.

Easy installation - Install Osiris software CD to a PC/Laptop and connect the interface cable to the OBDII diagnostic port. No installation or wiring done on the vehicle!

Map Switching - Map Switching technology is also included with Osiris and requires no addition hardware (vehicle must have cruise control).Using the vehicle’s cruise control buttons, you can toggle between your preselected maps. We build your tune to include a minimum of 3 different maps to be stored on the ECU(US market). Additional map storage is dependent on model and model years. Daily driver, Drag, Track, Economy, or Valet at your fingertips.
Base Maps for 91 or 93 Octane- We work with you to select the best tuning maps from our library for your vehicle. With the large selection of after-market hardware and wide variety of Nissan models available, there are many variables that affect your tune. We work with you to find the best tune we have for your vehicle. If you change mods in the future, no problem, we'll do it again at no cost

Top Speed Limiter
Rev Limiter
Idle RPM
Target AFR
Ignition Timing
Electronic Throttle Control

Dont know yet if it's 07 ready yet, i asked
what do you guys think?

hey where can i get dat? got any website? phone? or mail? hehe howmuch is dat?
Old 09-04-2008, 09:30 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by wenlipai
hey where can i get dat? got any website? phone? or mail? hehe howmuch is dat?
www.uprev.com
Old 09-05-2008, 05:02 AM
twin001

New webpage looks nice!
Old 09-05-2008, 08:20 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by frankie945
Were are all the Pro Tuners located ? That way I can get it done on a load based Dyno.
All the Pro Tuners are listed. www.uprev.com
Old 09-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

The new site looks great, too bad theres not enough east coast support
Old 09-09-2008, 03:36 PM
PunKidd

UpRev question.

On the e-tunes your doing, are you doing any adjustment to the Ing Timing?

The reason I am asking is I got my first e-Tune a while back. " See below "
I have noticed that the Target AFR target was set to 12.63. I by no means am an expert, but I did see a post on here about the Perfect N/A Air/Fuel and that 12.80 to 13.40 would be ideal for an N/A.

I am just trying to learn all that I can about this. I see it says "Not hitting 12.63 targets so Fuel will be added" To me that would seem to make it rich, correct?
Next I am guessing that the +1 " 4-6000 12.74 +1 " means a degree of timing was added?
I am just trying to understand it all.

Please keep up the good work guys,

C
The only time we tweak the ignition on an eTune is if we have dyno charts to go with the logs. It's imposable to properly tune ignition without dyno feedback. Obviously not many people got this route due to cost. Most the time it's easier just to get your vehicle to a pro tuner.

The +1 from 4-6000 means that we added one extra click of fuel throughout the load range from 4-6000RPM on the fuel compensation table.

When we first started sending out reflashes we used to set the AFR targets to 13.0 across the board since that's where the engine made the most power on the dyno, however, we later got feedback from our Nismo sponsored SCCA racers that they were getting better lap times when the AFR targets were set to 12.65 instead. It was determined that the leaner mixtures, although they made more power, were causing the engine to heat up faster and in turn the tunes were loosing gobs of power after a couple of laps. From then on we've been setting the AFR targets to 12.6 across the board to keep engine temps down while still making good power (we’re talking about a difference of only a few HP at 12.65 vs 13.0).

Jared@UpRev.com
Old 09-09-2008, 03:40 PM
PunKidd

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
is this compatible with nitrous or no, i know most chips and such like this advance timing and is not a good idea to run with nitrous
If you let us know what size shot you'll be running and where you will have your RPM window set then we can make one of your maps a N2O map that will be tuned the same as your performance map except that we'll pull 1-2 degrees of advance for every 50HP in your active RPM window, and we'll add just a little fuel to be on the safe side.

Jared@UpRev.com
Old 09-09-2008, 04:52 PM
cdoxp800

Originally Posted by PunKidd
The only time we tweak the ignition on an eTune is if we have dyno charts to go with the logs. It's imposable to properly tune ignition without dyno feedback. Obviously not many people got this route due to cost. Most the time it's easier just to get your vehicle to a pro tuner.

The +1 from 4-6000 means that we added one extra click of fuel throughout the load range from 4-6000RPM on the fuel compensation table.

When we first started sending out reflashes we used to set the AFR targets to 13.0 across the board since that's where the engine made the most power on the dyno, however, we later got feedback from our Nismo sponsored SCCA racers that they were getting better lap times when the AFR targets were set to 12.65 instead. It was determined that the leaner mixtures, although they made more power, were causing the engine to heat up faster and in turn the tunes were loosing gobs of power after a couple of laps. From then on we've been setting the AFR targets to 12.6 across the board to keep engine temps down while still making good power (we’re talking about a difference of only a few HP at 12.65 vs 13.0).

Jared@UpRev.com
Jared,

Thank you very much for the explanation.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:47 AM
rudej

When does Uprev plan on supporting the 2003 model year 350Z?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev