Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 11:13 AM
importpunisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350ZEEEEE
So there is no availability for Base Models(w/o Cruise Control)?
i have a 04.5 with out cruise control, Uprev is going to send me a link to switch between maps but i have to use my lab top every time to swith but i like the map its on now.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:04 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, I plan to go up to Austin on Oct. 28th in the AM and plan to get this done if they have it available by then to my NISMO HR. I am in discussions with them right now.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:20 PM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by UpRev
2.0 is new
he didnt meantion 2.0... had he posted here:
https://my350z.com/forum/tuning/3866...e-upgrade.html
your little icon would make sense... however, in relation to my reply I don't see how I was "owned"
Old 09-23-2008, 07:34 AM
aggietsi

I've asked this about UTEC in the past, but I'm leaning towards Osiris now. Have you guys tuned a totally stock 287 with Osiris? If so, what sort of gains were you able to make?
Old 09-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Jeff92se

Received 1,079 Likes on 971 Posts

UpRev said they needed my ecu p/n and to ask the dealer to get it (based on my vin).

Can this p/n be identified merely by accessing the panel and phyiscally looking at it? ie.. is the p/n you need printed on the outside of the ecu case?
Old 09-26-2008, 02:58 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
UpRev said they needed my ecu p/n and to ask the dealer to get it (based on my vin).

Can this p/n be identified merely by accessing the panel and phyiscally looking at it? ie.. is the p/n you need printed on the outside of the ecu case?
Nope, gotta contact the dealership parts department unless you already have Cipher. The ECU part number is actually a software part number.

23710-XXXXX

The first five numbers designate it as an ECU, the last five are the software version. It's not on the car because it can change at any time for emissions updates or other updates Nissan deems needed.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:03 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by aggietsi
I've asked this about UTEC in the past, but I'm leaning towards Osiris now. Have you guys tuned a totally stock 287 with Osiris? If so, what sort of gains were you able to make?
Between zero and infinity. It all depends on your car. Tuning doesn't create power, it unleashes it. Tuning is efficiency and a by-product of that will be more power. So if your car is in good shape, and there are gains to be made, there will be gains made. Add more parts that add a mechanical advantage, and the tuning will net you even more gain.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:25 PM
LowUFO

Question

OK, I am thinking about getting a Vortech Tuner Kit for my 2005 G35 Sedan (6MT - Rev-up). Will an Osiris tune, 550cc injectors, and a fuel pump be all that I need to get me up and running? Are different maps still available? I would like a "smog test" tune, that would run the car on the 550cc injectors w/ the belt disconnected from the supercharger. I know I would have to pay for the different tunes, but does this sound feasible? Any ideas if a car would pass the "sniffer" test with the 550cc injectors, and a subtle or "emissions" tune? I do have a local shop that can do the tuning. (EIP Racing in San Jose)

I'm just trying to decide between buying the Osiris, or the Full Vortech kit w/ stuff I don't want to use, and go "Stand Alone" in the future.

Thanks,

Ian
Old 09-30-2008, 04:24 PM
dhays

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Newb with questions...

I've read through all of this thread and have learned some things and been confused by some things. I'm sure that some of these questions were probably answered already but thread length is getting a bit unwieldy. I wouldn't be able to go to UpRev to get a tune so I'd be looking to get one of their canned tunes. I could go to one of their dealer/tuners here in WA however if that would be advantages at some point.

To make matters worse, I know next to nothing about tuning. The system sounds similar (but much better) than systems used on Ford vehicles that allow several tunes for various conditions/requirements.

My '06 is stock and other than possibly dropping in a K&N filter and making changes to the exhaust, I don't think I'll be making any engine changes soon. However, at some point I could see adding a plenum spacer and MREV2.

1. What are reasonable torque and HP gains through a tune on a stock '06 MT?
2. What tunes has UpRev developed for the '06? Economy, performance, etc... I'm primarily interested in increasing low rpm torque and performance as opposed to high rpm hp but would also like to have an "economy" tune for the run of the mill daily driving. Anyone experience real mpg gains with this?
3. If I were to change exhaust (looking at the newer MD xyz systems) would UpRev be able to provide an appropriate tune? Same with intake filter and/or plenum spacer and lower collector?
4. Is is possible to record dyno runs with Cipher, send them to UpRev, and have them tweak the tunes for my particular car or my particular mods?

What obvious things am I not thinking of?
Old 09-30-2008, 07:40 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by LowUFO
OK, I am thinking about getting a Vortech Tuner Kit for my 2005 G35 Sedan (6MT - Rev-up). Will an Osiris tune, 550cc injectors, and a fuel pump be all that I need to get me up and running? Are different maps still available? I would like a "smog test" tune, that would run the car on the 550cc injectors w/ the belt disconnected from the supercharger. I know I would have to pay for the different tunes, but does this sound feasible? Any ideas if a car would pass the "sniffer" test with the 550cc injectors, and a subtle or "emissions" tune? I do have a local shop that can do the tuning. (EIP Racing in San Jose)

I'm just trying to decide between buying the Osiris, or the Full Vortech kit w/ stuff I don't want to use, and go "Stand Alone" in the future.

Thanks,

Ian
Ian I'd talk with the guys at EIP, they can get you all taken care of. They've done a number of Osiris systems and I'm sure they can get you going.

As far as emissions tunes thats not something that will always work, especially in Cali, going to 550cc injectors. The size of the fuel droplet is going to be much larger than in the stock 310cc injectors so while your AFR may seem right, the actual sniffer test may be way off. The only way to know is to take it someplace and get it checked to make sure.

The Osiris system is capable of running a fully built motor at 550+whp, the stock ECU is actually quite powerful.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:55 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by dhays
I've read through all of this thread and have learned some things and been confused by some things. I'm sure that some of these questions were probably answered already but thread length is getting a bit unwieldy. I wouldn't be able to go to UpRev to get a tune so I'd be looking to get one of their canned tunes. I could go to one of their dealer/tuners here in WA however if that would be advantages at some point.

To make matters worse, I know next to nothing about tuning. The system sounds similar (but much better) than systems used on Ford vehicles that allow several tunes for various conditions/requirements.

My '06 is stock and other than possibly dropping in a K&N filter and making changes to the exhaust, I don't think I'll be making any engine changes soon. However, at some point I could see adding a plenum spacer and MREV2.

1. What are reasonable torque and HP gains through a tune on a stock '06 MT?
2. What tunes has UpRev developed for the '06? Economy, performance, etc... I'm primarily interested in increasing low rpm torque and performance as opposed to high rpm hp but would also like to have an "economy" tune for the run of the mill daily driving. Anyone experience real mpg gains with this?
3. If I were to change exhaust (looking at the newer MD xyz systems) would UpRev be able to provide an appropriate tune? Same with intake filter and/or plenum spacer and lower collector?
4. Is is possible to record dyno runs with Cipher, send them to UpRev, and have them tweak the tunes for my particular car or my particular mods?

What obvious things am I not thinking of?

Where do I start. If you're in WA, contact Lawrence at Intec Racing. He's a very good guy on a personal level and he treats his customers with respect. He'll only tell you the truth and won't sugar coat things, and he's super knowledgeable when it comes to tuning, especially with our system.

As far as performance numbers, we're not a marketing company with a bunch of unreasonable numbers to toss in anyones face. Your car will make the power your car will make. Also this isn't a factory turbo car so a simple basic tune won't net you 35whp or anything crazy. We see on average between 2 and 15 peak hp gain, but it's the under the curve gains that are the largest on these cars. A good tune will flatten out the curve and where the stock tune may have huge valleys, you may make as much as 25-30hp just from filling in those gaps. So don't expect huge numbers, but expect your dyno curves to show you a fair net gain over the entire range.

Uprev doesn't develop tunes per year, it's more based on the motor itself and the ECU. The 06 is the revup motor and is a good solid performer. As far as available tunes, theres nothing we can't do but our off the shelf suggestions are things like Economy, Performance, Valet, Race, etc and are all based on the Performance tune with other variables changed. The way a tune works is it provides for increased efficiency and a by product of that is the power. We're giving you access to the power that your motor had the potential of making. As far as MPG gains with the economy tune its the same thing, there isn't absolute scientific proof of how much exact gain your going to get so we're not going to claim anything, and the gains will differ from vehicle to vehicle. Because the tune increases efficiency some people have made mpg increase with just the performance tune. The biggest net difference you will make is changing the way you drive.

The tune can be adjusted as often or as rare as you like. You get three free eTunes but you can purchase as many as you want after that. Anything that changes the physical ability of the motor to make power can generally be adjusted for in the tune.

Yes you can send us dyno logs along with the cipher logs, the more information that we get, the better the eTune is going to be. It's all about resolution and detail, the more we get, the better you get.

Also, you can go to Lawrence at Intec Racing and he can sell you the system and also do a full dyno tune for you. The price on that depends on what Osiris system you buy and how much dyno time he estimates, but it will be a better overall tune than our Osiris Standard will get you, and you can have him do eTune updates or do full dyno tune updates when you want. He can also help you figure out what mods you want to add to your car and what order to add them in to be most effective to your wallet.

If you buy Osiris and Cipher from him for $700, Cipher will always tell you whats going on. Though if you're getting a custom tune from a Pro Tuner you can buy just the Osiris Flash for $400 and save a few bucks if you need. (dyno tuning costs are determined by the Pro Tuner)
Old 09-30-2008, 07:57 PM
wenlipai

hi i'm very interested too, i have 350z year 2003 non-revup and i have right now vortech s/c , with 3.12 pulley and 34 tooth cog, i'm runing 9 psi boost, i mod also the xo2 exhaust , test pipes, and 600 cc injector, water meth, 5/16 spacer , so right now im thinking about getting utec turboxs to tune it but i saw this products uprev so my question is if i buy the STANDARD KIT USD$700 + e tune USD$50 so total is 750 then you guys can scale my new injectors 600 cc runing with my vortech s/c using the ss box? or please can you let me know as i'm very interested and i must choose between uprev standard + etune kit or utec, so thanks

Last edited by wenlipai; 09-30-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:11 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by wenlipai
hi i'm very interested too, i have 350z year 2003 non-revup and i have right now vortech s/c , with 3.12 pulley and 34 tooth cog, i'm runing 9 psi boost, i mod also the xo2 exhaust , test pipes, and 600 cc injector, water meth, 5/16 spacer , so right now im thinking about getting utec turboxs to tune it but i saw this products uprev so my question is if i buy the STANDARD KIT USD$700 + e tune USD$50 so total is 750 then you guys can scale my new injectors 600 cc runing with my vortech s/c using the ss box? or please can you let me know as i'm very interested and i must choose between uprev standard + etune kit or utec, so thanks
Nope I've told you this in e-mail. We do not support forced induction with Osiris Standard. You'd need to purchase Osiris Tuner and either know how to tune the vehicle or find a local company that can tune it for forced induction.

The most we can reliably do with Osiris Standard is to adjust RPM and Speed limits, and give WOT. We cannot adjust fuel or timing, or adjust reliably for injectors that are different size than stock. There are just too many variables out there on the market for us to create test and verify tunes for forced induction.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:19 PM
wenlipai

thansk for your information
Old 09-30-2008, 08:41 PM
krivera6950

I HAVE A BASE MODEL 05 AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW A TUNE WOULD WORK FOR ME?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:26 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by krivera6950
I HAVE A BASE MODEL 05 AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW A TUNE WOULD WORK FOR ME?
With the base model I'm guessing you don't have cruise control. So besides lacking Map Switching ability it would work the same as it does for everyone. Increased efficiency, better power curve, more available power, wide open throttle below 30mph, more performance for every mod you add to the car, and increased reliability.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:43 AM
35Z

Default UpRev for G37

Is your software compatible with the G37?
Will your software be compatible with the soon to be available (Jan 09) 370Z?
Old 10-01-2008, 09:08 AM
tranceformer95

Originally Posted by UpRev
With the base model I'm guessing you don't have cruise control. So besides lacking Map Switching ability it would work the same as it does for everyone. Increased efficiency, better power curve, more available power, wide open throttle below 30mph, more performance for every mod you add to the car, and increased reliability.
So from the factory the throttle body doesn't open 100%?
Old 10-01-2008, 09:44 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by 35Z
Is your software compatible with the G37?
Will your software be compatible with the soon to be available (Jan 09) 370Z?
Not yet. Soon I hope. I really want to have support for the new cars. But if it's a matter of rush to market or do it right, we're going to do it right. You'll see updates on that as soon as they are available, trust me!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:46 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by tranceformer95
So from the factory the throttle body doesn't open 100%?
Nope it gets to about 80% or so. All Nissan/Infinitis do that. It's an OEM potential liability thing as far as we can figure. So some 16yo doesn't hop in the car and run over a school bus full of children. I don't get it though because you can still do 100+mph in the car and that has way more potential for disaster. All I do know is thats what Nissan does to all their vehicles.

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev