Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Conceyted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andres_Miami
Ok guys, I have read this thread. I have been having trouble rising the RPMs on the UTEC, apperently it is is my ECU. Since next week I'm parking my car for the clucth, how long should it take you to reflash it. The car is not going to be at the shop for more than 3 days. I understand that you need to cover your @$$, and that is why it is advertaised that it will be done in less than 5 business days. That's why:
1) How long is your average process? I need to provide this information to the owner of the shop.
2) If I pay now will it guarantee a faster return?
3) I'm going with the MIR0, and I'm planing on filling the blanks this way:

Select Vehicle: 350z
VIN#: ##########
Desired Rev Limiter: 8500
Desired Speed Limiter: 200
Desired RPM at Idle - Affects all Maps: +250

is this wright? do you need any other information?

Thank you.
So you basically didn't read this thread at all, did you? The osiris is a cable that allows YOU to reflash your own maps. If you want their mail in service that is different. Regardless, you want an 8500 rev limit? Umm, how exactly... Anyways, normal ecu reflashes by mail in take shipping time there and back + 1 day to reflash. You always pay before you send the ecu off, and the ecu flash mainly tunes AFR with the rest of the things you listed above. However, since you are already tuned I assume you are only interested in rasing your rev limiter and resetting your speed limiter and increasing idle? Sorry, I am just really confused.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:46 PM
skaterbasist

Select Vehicle: 350z
VIN#: ##########
Desired Rev Limiter: 8500
Desired Speed Limiter: 200
Desired RPM at Idle - Affects all Maps: +250

is this wright? do you need any other information?

Thank you.
Holy crap. Is this a typo? For an 8500 RPM rev limiter, I hope you're not really intending to take it to 8500 RPM's

Even with cams, I doubt your engine would take that kind of abuse unless you had a completely rebuild.

I think 7500 RPM is the safe range for us rev-ups; anymore and the chances of something going wrong is inevitable.

Rev-Limiter= engine saver

Old 07-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Andres_Miami

Originally Posted by Conceyted
So you basically didn't read this thread at all, did you? The osiris is a cable that allows YOU to reflash your own maps. If you want their mail in service that is different. Regardless, you want an 8500 rev limit? Umm, how exactly... Anyways, normal ecu reflashes by mail in take shipping time there and back + 1 day to reflash. You always pay before you send the ecu off, and the ecu flash mainly tunes AFR with the rest of the things you listed above. However, since you are already tuned I assume you are only interested in rasing your rev limiter and resetting your speed limiter and increasing idle? Sorry, I am just really confused.
Not you are not. I am only interested in rasing my rev limiter and resetting my speed limiter and increasing idle, after all that is what the MIR0 is about. As you said, if shipping is overnight and +1 day to reflash, that should answer #1, right?
Old 07-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Andres_Miami

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Holy crap. Is this a typo? For an 8500 RPM rev limiter, I hope you're not really intending to take it to 8500 RPM's

Even with cams, I doubt your engine would take that kind of abuse unless you had a completely rebuild.

I think 7500 RPM is the safe range for us rev-ups; anymore and the chances of something going wrong is inevitable.

Rev-Limiter= engine saver

With the UTEC, I'm able to limit my RPMs. There is no point on reflash again after an engine rebuild. I rahter do it now and wait until I decide to go 11:1, when/if I finally decide.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:51 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

With the UTEC, I'm able to limit my RPMs. There is no point on reflash again after an engine rebuild. I rahter do it now and wait until I decide to go 11:1, when/if I finally decide.
Osiris gives you the ability to flash and reflash your ECU at home from a PC... You don't have to mail your ECU in to be flashed.

You could have UpRev create a ROM file with a 7200 RPM for your current stock engine and flash it yourself with no downtime. After you build your engine, you could request another ROM file from UpRev with the new 8500 RPM rev limit and flash that from your own PC. UpRev does not currently charge for ROM updates.

It would be a shame to blow your stock motor because you had an 8500 RPM rev limit. It would be a double shame to blow it when you could have kept it lower and bumpped it up after your engine build at no extra cost and involving no time delay.

Jared (PunKidd) usually replies to messages in this thread quickly. I replied to your question because he might be off for the weekend.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:16 AM
Andres_Miami

But that's the thing, I already invest on the UTEC, not counting the tuning time that I already went thru. That is why, I will like to have it the mail-in reflash. Probably if I didn’t already have my UTEC, I would it go for OSIRS. I just want to take advantage of what I already have. Thank you all for you inputs.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:43 AM
mw9

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have an 03 touring, so in order to make this work the best I have to order:

OSIRIS 700
CIPHER 400
A/F WB ?

And what is the Mail-In Reflash Service that cost 300-400. Its that extra or does it already come with maps, confused about this service

And can someone explain to me Desired Speed Limiter:
Desired RPM at Idle -

sorry for all the questions, still learning
Old 07-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Lady Jax
Drive For Pole

The Osiris program and cable INCLUDES the Cipher feature (which gives you some basic modifications to the ECU but is mostly a datalogging program). The Osiris allows you to do a reflash at home INSTEAD of mailing in your ECU. So you buy one program/cable for $700 and get your initial ROM map to flash your ECU. Then you can datalog your car's parameters with Cipher and email that file to Jared and he will send you a more specific ROM map for your car (these updates are free, AT LEAST FOR NOW).

Hope that helps
Old 07-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Lady Jax
Drive For Pole

Originally Posted by mw9
I have an 03 touring, so in order to make this work the best I have to order:

OSIRIS 700
CIPHER 400
A/F WB ?

And what is the Mail-In Reflash Service that cost 300-400. Its that extra or does it already come with maps, confused about this service

And can someone explain to me Desired Speed Limiter:
Desired RPM at Idle -

sorry for all the questions, still learning
And for your other questions,

the Cipher program has a WideBand conversion feature that generates that data for datalogging.

Your ECU is speed limited and this is removed (or reset, your choice) by Osiris

Your idle RPM is 650rpm but some people prefer this to be higher to quiet supercharger noise, reduce 'lumpiness' of performance cams, smooth out roughness of high-flow injectors, etc.

Again, I hope that helps
Old 07-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Lady Jax
Drive For Pole

Default Now then, down to business........

We got our reflash for MY car (I had last posted with the hubbie's reflash for his 2006 Grand Touring 6MT), the 2004 G35 5AT Sport Coupe.

Installed without a single problem (it does have a Gen 1 ECU so the ROM file is half the size of the 2006 Gen 2 ECU....thanks, Jared) and we noted an immediate improvement. My car has an Injen Cold Air Intake, Motordyne 5/16" plenum spacer, and a NISMO exhaust. The performance map made a big difference to the 'set you back in the seat' acceleration of the car. Also, the exhaust note is definitely more aggressive (but not overly louder). We have not had the chance to do any 0-60 second runs and this will probably wait until our G-force comes in so we can post some real numbers. Nonetheless, it feels very good and has made a significant improvement in the feel of the car.

So both our cars have had the 'treatment' and it seems to me to have been a distinct upgrade for both AT and MT, Rev-Up and non Rev-Up, wide-band and non wide-band, etc. Horsepower-wise, it has given the best bang-for-the-buck and, with datalogging and ROM updates, promises to be fairly 'future-proof'. Thanks, UpRev
Old 07-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Conceyted

Originally Posted by Lady Jax
We got our reflash for MY car (I had last posted with the hubbie's reflash for his 2006 Grand Touring 6MT), the 2004 G35 5AT Sport Coupe.

Installed without a single problem (it does have a Gen 1 ECU so the ROM file is half the size of the 2006 Gen 2 ECU....thanks, Jared) and we noted an immediate improvement. My car has an Injen Cold Air Intake, Motordyne 5/16" plenum spacer, and a NISMO exhaust. The performance map made a big difference to the 'set you back in the seat' acceleration of the car. Also, the exhaust note is definitely more aggressive (but not overly louder). We have not had the chance to do any 0-60 second runs and this will probably wait until our G-force comes in so we can post some real numbers. Nonetheless, it feels very good and has made a significant improvement in the feel of the car.

So both our cars have had the 'treatment' and it seems to me to have been a distinct upgrade for both AT and MT, Rev-Up and non Rev-Up, wide-band and non wide-band, etc. Horsepower-wise, it has given the best bang-for-the-buck and, with datalogging and ROM updates, promises to be fairly 'future-proof'. Thanks, UpRev
No offense meant by this, but what took you so long to do your car? Were you waiting on Maps to be sent? or were you just waiting for the right time?

BTW: How long did it take for you to receive your cable after ordering? I ordered on friday but never got tracking info or anything so i was wondering when i would get it. THanks!
Old 07-14-2007, 09:17 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by PunKidd
Yep, just email us Cipher logs w/
AFR (Make sure your ECU is set up in the wide band conversion. See Cipher user guide)
Accelerator position (either one)
Base fuel schedule
Calculated load
Coolant temp
Engine speed (RPM)
Ignition timing advance
Throttle position (either one)
to tune AFR.

Ignition tuning will require dyno pulls, so it's a lot slower and more costly.

I do all the eTuning updates, so you can just email the logs and or charts to me.
What type of driving do you want us to log for the A/F tuning? I'm pretty sure a full 5th gear run (like you would on a dyno) will be difficult to do on the street.

Is one good 3rd gear pull good enough for you (Jared) to get all the information you need to make a new ROM file?

It would probably save you some time if you would put some of the questions in an Osiris FAQ. The Cipher FAQ is very good and helped me when I first got it.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:29 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Thanks for the good writeup. It's nice to hear that you've gotten Osiris up and running on your two cars... and that it helped and you noticed an improvement in driveability and power. Have you sent any data-logged maps back to Jared yet?

I sent my Cipher cable back to UpRev last week and am waiting for my Osiris cable and maps to come back. I have a feeling that Jared has gotten much busier in the last week or two.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:09 PM
DomZ

Any new news on the 07's yet?
Old 07-15-2007, 02:43 AM
Lady Jax
Drive For Pole

Originally Posted by Conceyted
No offense meant by this, but what took you so long to do your car? Were you waiting on Maps to be sent? or were you just waiting for the right time?

BTW: How long did it take for you to receive your cable after ordering? I ordered on friday but never got tracking info or anything so i was wondering when i would get it. THanks!

Part of the delay was due to some confusion (our fault ) in getting the second license completed. Jared and Chung were very efficient in replying to emails the initial order, etc. We were VERY cautious with both reflashes and spoke to Jared several times in clarifying our maps. Once we made OUR minds up Jared was very quick in getting maps sent out to us. As to getting our cable, we did not get any tracking info either (but being children of the Seventies we still expect 'mail-order' to take '4 to 6 weeks for delivery', go figure) but all the material arrived in 5-6 days. So all told, no real delays to speak of. Hope yours shows up soon. I think you will like the improvements
Old 07-15-2007, 02:48 AM
Lady Jax
Drive For Pole

Originally Posted by __jb
Thanks for the good writeup. It's nice to hear that you've gotten Osiris up and running on your two cars... and that it helped and you noticed an improvement in driveability and power. Have you sent any data-logged maps back to Jared yet?

I sent my Cipher cable back to UpRev last week and am waiting for my Osiris cable and maps to come back. I have a feeling that Jared has gotten much busier in the last week or two.
I hope not, as we intend to be a bit of a bother to Jared with map requests in the future and hope they stay free of charge for as long as possible. Which answers the first question as a 'no, not yet'. My husband will be doing some data-logging on the way to and from work the next few days and will send that to Jared to help tailor his map on his '06. We will keep you folks updated
Old 07-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Andres_Miami

Hi Jared, as you might see I have post a question. I send you an email today, I’m waiting for your replay. Thanks
Old 07-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Frostydc4

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Any noticable improvements in throttle response?
Old 07-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Conceyted

WOW, so I got a phone call today from UpRev letting my know they were able to tune my maps and that my Osiris was on the way. They also left a personal cell number that I could reach them at. And they also told me if I had any questions or concerns at all to feel free to give them a call.

Very impressed, I cant wait to put it on!

-Chris
Old 07-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Slick 6MT

A group buy would probably get you guys a lot more business ... hint hint

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev