Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Uprev wants suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 06:04 PM
UpRev
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ataru074
after seeing 318 RWHP from a tune on the HR with only bolt on.... DAMN CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
(launch control and flat foot shifting is good too)

We happened across some real interesting stuff when poking at an HR ECU we had the other day. It may not be too long after 2.0 comes out that we start having HR support and 08 support. It would be nice to have it all sewed up before SEMA.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:08 AM
Ataru074

Originally Posted by UpRev
We happened across some real interesting stuff when poking at an HR ECU we had the other day. It may not be too long after 2.0 comes out that we start having HR support and 08 support. It would be nice to have it all sewed up before SEMA.
I just like to be a PITA... this saturday will be my last track day for the year.. I need a break to stop burning money in tires... the car needs swaybar and endlinks, a corner balancing, water and oil gauges, and maybe a seat and a steering wheel with a damn long hub.... and solve the issue of overheating my diff
but the face of people with porsche or stuff with 400+ hp that can't gain ground on you in the straight is PRICELESS.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:16 AM
UpRev
Banned

I just like to be a PITA... this saturday will be my last track day for the year.. I need a break to stop burning money in tires... the car needs swaybar and endlinks, a corner balancing, water and oil gauges, and maybe a seat and a steering wheel with a damn long hub.... and solve the issue of overheating my diff
but the face of people with porsche or stuff with 400+ hp that can't gain ground on you in the straight is PRICELESS.

Sounds like you need to make an appointment with Colin over at Soul Speed to get your suspension right. I know our guy Chris was running street tires for the longest time, not R-compound. He tried a set of used R-compounds at the last track event and said they were slower than his street tires and they wore out real fast. He attributes most of that to the fact they were used and probably not heat cycled properly but after that he's not keen on using R-compounds because he likes to get a few events in before having to buy tires.

Gauges, seats, wheel/hub, and overheating diff we can help you with.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:50 AM
Ataru074

Sounds like you need to make an appointment with Colin over at Soul Speed to get your suspension right.
Yes I know about Soul Speed... it's in the plan :-)
saturday I'll go to finish to burn my tires.. and than break.

I know our guy Chris was running street tires for the longest time, not R-compound. He tried a set of used R-compounds at the last track event and said they were slower than his street tires and they wore out real fast. He attributes most of that to the fact they were used and probably not heat cycled properly but after that he's not keen on using R-compounds because he likes to get a few events in before having to buy tires.
he is running FAST. he had a set of R888 if I did look right... I don't know.. maybe he has to find the right pressures.. and the heat was insane... for the engine and the transmission.
I wouldn't drop the R comps in one shot.. they must be faster than ps2... but the suspension setup should be different as well the pressures and the care of the tires. and I guess also the driving style.
I can have 3 event on my azenis and they are less than 700$ shipped....

Gauges, seats, wheel/hub, and overheating diff we can help you with.

thanks for the offer guys.. I can do pretty much everything by myself for this stuff.... except the diff... I was looking a tilton pump and a setrab or earl cooler... but with fittings, hoses, a filter and a thermostatic actuator will run about 1200 just in parts... the labour should be about 3 to 4 hours (with a single exhaust I have A LOT of room for a cooler in the back

gauges the autometer prolite looks good to me... seat sparco or cobra, momo deep racing wheel.

I'll be back on the track probably on february ... well maybe one event in the middle... or two...
Old 08-31-2008, 09:54 AM
ekelly36

I was reading on your site that you do not support any injectors that are not stock? is that going to change? I am just curious because I am looking for something that will be able to handle my Vortech with a 2.87 pulley safely....
Old 09-02-2008, 08:54 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by ekelly36
I was reading on your site that you do not support any injectors that are not stock? is that going to change? I am just curious because I am looking for something that will be able to handle my Vortech with a 2.87 pulley safely....

Thats for Osiris Standard. With Osiris Tuner you can tune it yourself to handle injectors of pretty much any size. Or if you have a Pro Tuner you'd like to work with, they can already do that.

Two weeks ago we finished a TT G35 with HKS 1000cc injectors and AEM injector driver. Using nothing more than the stock ECU and Osiris Pro.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:55 PM
UpRev
Banned

Price drop on Cipher to $300. Site and webstore will show the price change tomorrow afternoon.

New website should be up tomorrow.

New webstore will be up as soon as we get it tested and confirmed.

New support Forum and support Wiki will show up soon on the new site.

Osiris 2.0 will be shipping as soon as we test it, call your Pro Tuner and tell them to get on board for testing.

Keep the suggestions coming.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:54 PM
billybrun

^^ Nice! Come on Osiris.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:40 PM
billybrun

UpRev, the new website is looking good. Any updates?
Old 09-03-2008, 08:44 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by billybrun
UpRev, the new website is looking good. Any updates?
The update is the new website

More updates coming soon. For now I am going to bed early, it's only 11:30pm and i'm leaving work today.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:52 PM
OCG35
Banned

I thought I read something about a forum in the UpRev website... I havent found it on either version
Old 09-04-2008, 07:52 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by OCG35
I thought I read something about a forum in the UpRev website... I havent found it on either version

Thats going to be added shortly.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:13 AM
OCG35
Banned

Thats going to be added shortly.
was there a beta test of the forum? I know I read a reference to something that was posted on the UpRev forum... I cant find that post again though... and I dont know if it was here or on Driver

not a big deal, I'm just curious...
Old 09-04-2008, 10:11 AM
GrayG35

one more suggestion from me, get us a shop in San Antonio that can work with osiris! Henderson Performance is a good shop near by that has been tuning many different cars.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:19 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

How do you know your rear diff is overheating?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:35 AM
SniperHunter

Honestly, how about a barebones reflash product? Something that only lets you reflash the ECU without all of the goodies like redline changing, custom maps, etc. etc.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:51 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by rcdash
How do you know your rear diff is overheating?
Stick your tongue on it.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:52 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
Honestly, how about a barebones reflash product? Something that only lets you reflash the ECU without all of the goodies like redline changing, custom maps, etc. etc.
Honestly we do. Osiris Flash Service will handle that for $400.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:59 AM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow the new sites up, but the big buttons on the right don't work

http://www.uprev.com/
Old 09-04-2008, 11:24 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

The update is the new website

More updates coming soon. For now I am going to bed early, it's only 11:30pm and i'm leaving work today.
Geez, what a slacker...

j/k... Hahaha...

New web site is hot! Good job!

Quick Reply: Uprev wants suggestions.