Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

How's your tune holding up?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 02:14 PM
civic4982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think UPREV would say yes but personally I think it would be good to use just to get a good idea of where you're at.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:43 PM
Mr. Dean
Banned

That's all I really want to know, my life line right now is my EGT gauge. You can get a pretty good Idea on where you stand with that gauge; but having both of them would be ideal. Here is something funny, I tried calling AAM back this Friday around 1 Mike (the owner/ tuner) was already gone. So I called Turboxs and talked to on of the tuner guys there. Now most shops usually play the modest role when another shop is specifically mentioned, especially if they are right down the street from you. Well anyway the guy there came flat out and said that Mike gave me a bad tune and he's not going to fix it! By him saying that I began to think... Huum is this something that always goes on with AAM? Or is Turboxs just trying to get money out of me? So now what I ask you guys, have any of you done business with Turboxs? Besides just buying an Utec.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:58 PM
JonnyC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nothix
are stock wideband readings reliable and accurate enough for tuning?
It seems you have an '03, which doesn't have widebands O2's.

Last edited by JonnyC; 10-18-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:36 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Dean
That's all I really want to know, my life line right now is my EGT gauge. You can get a pretty good Idea on where you stand with that gauge; but having both of them would be ideal. Here is something funny, I tried calling AAM back this Friday around 1 Mike (the owner/ tuner) was already gone. So I called Turboxs and talked to on of the tuner guys there. Now most shops usually play the modest role when another shop is specifically mentioned, especially if they are right down the street from you. Well anyway the guy there came flat out and said that Mike gave me a bad tune and he's not going to fix it! By him saying that I began to think... Huum is this something that always goes on with AAM? Or is Turboxs just trying to get money out of me? So now what I ask you guys, have any of you done business with Turboxs? Besides just buying an Utec.
The TXS guys know what they are doing. Many people have been burnt by AAM. Go to pfs supercars (in Frederick) and have the car looked over. A 2nd opinion is never a bad idea anyway. In this case, I can almost guarantee it will save you money and headaches.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Mr. Dean
Banned

^^<----- Thanks buddy!