Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Technosquare ECU flash

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 07:23 AM
Big Woo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I contacted Technosquare regarding the results, specifically regarding the as tested air/fuel ratios with respect to their claims on their web site and vairous publications. Interestingly they have chosen not to respond up to this point. I will give them a few more days and see what they have to say. I do not expect them to do anything, or if a remote re-flash could be any better anyway but I would like to here what they have to say.

When I compare my dyno numbers to other HR powered car results, I seem to be on the very low end. Anyone have any constructive thoughts on why this may be? The car is fairly new (3800 mi), and has the basic bolt on modifications, AEM intake, AAM test pipes, and a Greddy dual exhaust.

The place that dynoed my car said that their dyno typically reads low by about 10 to 15 hp when compared to other dyno's. However even if I add 15 hp to my number it is still on the low end of what others are reporting/providing.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:51 AM
StoneZtech

I bet its your AAM intakes!! the HR stock intakes are way better then any aftermarket intake kit.

I have NISMO dual intakes, and they are coming right off as soon as I get my COBBB Access Port.

Here is what COBB has stated about aftermarket intakes on HR setup.

http://cobbtuning.com/products/?id=4234

<<<<<CRITICAL INFORMATION!!! CRITICAL INFORMATION!!! CRITICAL INFORMATION!!!>>>>>
We have noticed that comparing the below dyno graphs to other dyno graphs that we have recorded on the
same chassis dyno is difficult to do. Several factors must be taken into account including gearing (both
the ratio of the gear these tests were performed in and the final drive ratio), aerodynamics, testing
conditions, parasitic drivetrain losses, etc. We have published these graphs because we want to do what we
can to educate our end users. Several qualitative improvements have been made to the calibration for this
vehicle which cannot be graphically represented. Please take these dyno graphs for what they are, a
graphical representation of measured torque and calculated horsepower across the below RPM range during a
wide open throttle pull in 4th gear. We hope that you enjoy the improvements we have made to the
calibration for this vehicle.
<<<<<CRITICAL INFORMATION!!! CRITICAL INFORMATION!!! CRITICAL INFORMATION!!!>>>>>
Additional Notes:
For use with a stock or very mildly modified normally aspirated 2007-2008 USDM Nissan
350Z only. Additional modifications such an drop-in replacement filter, underdrive
pulley, high-flow catalytic converters, and cat-back exhaust system are still within
the acceptable parameters of this calibration. YOU MUST USE THE FACTORY INTAKE SYSTEM
ONLY. NO OTHER AFTERMARKET INTAKES ARE CERTIFIED COMPATIBLE WITH THIS CALIBRATION.
THE INSTALLATION OF ANY OTHER HARDWARE SUCH AS STRAIGHT PIPES, HEADERS, OR PLENUM
SPACERS MAY ALLOW THE VEHICLE TO RUN LEANER THAN DESIRED, WHICH CAN CAUSE ENGINE
DAMAGE. Running ANY aftermarket intake system has the ability to compromise the
performance of our calibration and possibly compromise the engine. The stock 350Z
intake system flows very well and promotes a laminar air flow across the MAF sensor.
Best if used with a minimum of 91 octane. If any detonation is present even when
using 91 octane, try using octane booster. Rev Limit set at 500 RPM above the factory
settings.

Originally Posted by Big Woo
I contacted Technosquare regarding the results, specifically regarding the as tested air/fuel ratios with respect to their claims on their web site and vairous publications. Interestingly they have chosen not to respond up to this point. I will give them a few more days and see what they have to say. I do not expect them to do anything, or if a remote re-flash could be any better anyway but I would like to here what they have to say.

When I compare my dyno numbers to other HR powered car results, I seem to be on the very low end. Anyone have any constructive thoughts on why this may be? The car is fairly new (3800 mi), and has the basic bolt on modifications, AEM intake, AAM test pipes, and a Greddy dual exhaust.

The place that dynoed my car said that their dyno typically reads low by about 10 to 15 hp when compared to other dyno's. However even if I add 15 hp to my number it is still on the low end of what others are reporting/providing.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Big Woo

I am not sure how what you posted applies to my question. Cobb tuning specifically states that they were trying to achieve a baseline calibration for their dyno. Which they would then use to verify various tests on a 350Z.

They also go on to say that certain performance additions can lead to the vehicle running lean, however as can be seen my my dyno graph ( a few posts back) my car is way rich at 11.3:1, even after the TS re-flash

Previously I mentioned that I was trying to contact Technosquare, to date I have called twice and sent three e-mails regarding the situation. (ALL HAVE GONE UN-RESPONDED TOO). I don't really expect them to be able to do much, as what they offer is a cookie cutter type tune/flash, but I would like to here what they have to say, since their own web site claims A/F ratios after the flash of 13:1 through red line. I do not mean any disrespect my saying "cookie cutter flash" because tuning a specific car is so much more dynamic and individualized to expect too much.

I am mostly disappointed for the complete lack of customer support/service that Technosquare provides. Hopefully others considering their services will take my experiences into consideration prior to making their own choice.

Since I have not herd anything I think I will try the Osiris path, and correct the rich condition at 5000 rpm and above myself. I will then head back to the dyno to verify the changes.

Does anyone know if the Osiris/Chipher software allows logging of a third party wide band O2 sensor such as the Innovate LM-1?
Old 08-10-2009, 01:41 PM
OCG35
Banned

^^^ sorry you are having problems with TechnoSquare – but while admitting their F-Flash is pre-determined based on specific mods, I do believe Tadashi can adjust a/f to dial in proper ratio… however, as far as I know he needs to drive the car to do it (or on dyno now that they have one)…

I had F-flash, then added HFC sometime later – I was lean and the car was a slug… Tadashi road tuned (added fuel) and I gained quite a bit of trq…

So even though it can’t be done remote (such as Osiris for example), it can be done – and usually done well (I was happy anyway).
Old 08-10-2009, 01:44 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Woo
I am not sure how what you posted applies to my question. Cobb tuning specifically states that they were trying to achieve a baseline calibration for their dyno. Which they would then use to verify various tests on a 350Z.

They also go on to say that certain performance additions can lead to the vehicle running lean, however as can be seen my my dyno graph ( a few posts back) my car is way rich at 11.3:1, even after the TS re-flash

Previously I mentioned that I was trying to contact Technosquare, to date I have called twice and sent three e-mails regarding the situation. (ALL HAVE GONE UN-RESPONDED TOO). I don't really expect them to be able to do much, as what they offer is a cookie cutter type tune/flash, but I would like to here what they have to say, since their own web site claims A/F ratios after the flash of 13:1 through red line. I do not mean any disrespect my saying "cookie cutter flash" because tuning a specific car is so much more dynamic and individualized to expect too much.

I am mostly disappointed for the complete lack of customer support/service that Technosquare provides. Hopefully others considering their services will take my experiences into consideration prior to making their own choice.

Since I have not herd anything I think I will try the Osiris path, and correct the rich condition at 5000 rpm and above myself. I will then head back to the dyno to verify the changes.

Does anyone know if the Osiris/Chipher software allows logging of a third party wide band O2 sensor such as the Innovate LM-1?
I believe it does...They recommended one to me a while back (sorry can't remember which one), but I just decided to have it dyno tuned.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Big Woo

Still no responce from Technosquare. I am not going to bother wasting my time with further requests from them, as it is getting me no where.

03threefiftyZ:
Thanks for the info, I will check with uprev for compatability with the LM-1

Based on everything I have read Technosquare should be able to, and has in the past done a good job. It just did not work out in this case.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:01 AM
Big Woo

I contated uprev yesterday asking about using a third party wide band O2 sensor with the Cipher system. I received back the following.

Quote:
Not at this time. We will be adding that functionality to Cipher soon.

Rich-

> Is the cipher/osiris systems compatable with and capable of logging
> wide band O2 data from a third party wide band O2 company? Such as the
> Innovate LM-1.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:51 PM
- bigc -

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

did you ever hear back from technosquare? i dropped by last week to learn more about their ECU tunes and they mentioned that Tadashi (the tuner) had been on vacation.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Blck350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

updates????