Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

I love my baby (Osiris Tune results)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 08:17 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

What I see from the charts is a 1.9 percent horsepower gain (5.6/284.1). If you can feel a hugh difference in power from 1.9 percent good.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:22 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by davidv
What I see from the charts is a 1.9 percent horsepower gain (5.6/284.1). If you can feel a hugh difference in power from 1.9 percent good.
I agree that 1.9% is fairly nominal, but that's only in peak power. Seems to make 10-12whp more throughout the usable range.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:24 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

It's not the "1.9 percent hp gain" he's feeling. If anything I'd say its the additional 10-15 tq gain throughout most of the rpm range that he's feeling. just sayin
Old 07-24-2009, 06:32 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I would think he's also feeling the increased throttle response and the extra 500rpms : ]
Old 07-24-2009, 06:44 AM
Nismospeed4life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on your tune!

I did not know that they could set Launch control with this tune, I will be asking my tuner about this option. When you say that you have it set for 3,500RPM, how exactly does it works? And how do you like the feature?

I be interested to see how how will those numbers transalate on a MD set to default.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:53 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

btw the theft map sounds cool. You should get a dash mounted cam that starts recording when your car gets broken into so you can see the face of the guy who hotwires your car expecting to make his fast getaway, only to max out at a tire smoking 1mph

that would be some funny ****

but seriously wouldn't the car just stall if it was in first going 1mph? so essentially the map prevents you from even getting the car moving in the first place?

Last edited by Phenom; 07-24-2009 at 06:55 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:17 AM
1cockyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/3...installed.html
He had jwt c2 cams, crawford headers, intake and exhaust. This is just for relativity on the same dyno. 5hp less peak and 5-6 more peak torque...Looking like those long tubes work pretty good, if they don't break.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:21 AM
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

Nice Gains Uprev is awesome....Its funny cause we have tuned alot of Osiris at this point and even when they have decent gains (8-10hp) it make these cars feel so much faster, more so then other cars we tune that make more power...

Maybe its just the throttle response that tricks ya.. As far as the antitheft Mapping I usually zero out the fuel map on setting number 4 and then the cars wont even start
Old 07-24-2009, 08:29 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by 1cockyZ
https://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/3...installed.html
He had jwt c2 cams, crawford headers, intake and exhaust. This is just for relativity on the same dyno. 5hp less peak and 5-6 more peak torque...Looking like those long tubes work pretty good, if they don't break.
I also saw a guy with just a pop charger put down 280 on there . Regardless the car is pretty strong and he had some very strong results.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:55 AM
1cockyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vince went sponsor status...Now theres a guy who goes the extra mile for the customer! Wake up northeast.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:59 AM
tylerxfire

nice numbers, but yes ive seen many dyno's from this dyno and its very happy, go strap it to a dynojet if u want the realistic numbers, or dynodynamics if u wanna cry...but cool man im sure u are enjoying it, congrats..
Old 07-24-2009, 10:01 AM
tylerxfire

yeah im in upstate ny and been thinking about doing osiris but everyones soooo far and i cant get the good info i need on it anywhere ive tried
Old 07-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Z_HighSpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow makes me wana hurry up and get those longtubes and a tune
Old 07-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
yeah im in upstate ny and been thinking about doing osiris but everyones soooo far and i cant get the good info i need on it anywhere ive tried
We have a guy comin down from buffalo next Monday for a tune....

What info u need?
Old 07-24-2009, 10:23 AM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by Vince@R/TTuning
We have a guy comin down from buffalo next Monday for a tune....

What info u need?

is he from on this forum? i have a 03 with a vortech on it, and for some reason ive heard its not as appealing for the 03's? i dont know why, and also what about no knock detection above what is it 5k rpm? thats where the vortech is really making its power so i just dont know about that, i hear it adjusts for temp and everything though right?..and is it a set price for F.I. osiris with u also? 900? or different whats included with this?, ive talked with few different places theres also another pro tuner is long island now ive talked with..

if u want to pm me with a price u can install 440 injectors with clips, a walbro in the tank and take out my ss box, fmu and inline pump and give me a osiris tune maybe ill think of it if its good ..thanks also any info on it u have will be great im trying to get all i can..pm me
Old 07-24-2009, 10:46 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Correct. Kind of.

Flywheel may decrease drive train loss. This may show on dyno results.

Final drive will not add horsepower. What it will do is alter dyno horsepower numbers. You no longer have a transmission gear -final drive gear for a 1:1 ratio.
That is incorrect. Changing the final drive will not alter horsepower numbers on the dyno. It will improve acceleration on the street. Use of the 1:1 transmission gear ratio is beneficial as that usually results in the least amount of drivetrain loss due to friction (and this has nothing to do with the final drive). The dyno inherently corrects for gearing differences (so any final drive, any gear will result in similar results for the same engine).

Last edited by rcdash; 07-24-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:56 PM
King350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismospeed4life
Congratulations on your tune!

I did not know that they could set Launch control with this tune, I will be asking my tuner about this option. When you say that you have it set for 3,500RPM, how exactly does it works? And how do you like the feature?

I be interested to see how how will those numbers transalate on a MD set to default.

Thanks man. Basically when I switch it to Map 2(launch control) it will not let it rev passed 3500rpm. You hold the top button down, press the cancel button 2 times for map 2 then it is in launch control mode. hold the clutch in, step on the throttle, hold the top button down and press the cancel button 1 time for map 1, but don't let go of the top button just yet. simultaneously let go of the top button and clutch at the same time and PRESTO. It does not go into a particular map until you depress the top button into the middle position, if that makes any sense?? I love the feature overall, quite lovely to have.

Originally Posted by 1cockyz
https://my350z.com/forum/na-builds/39...installed.html
Yeah I forget his name, but one of the guys at church was mentioning that my long tubes were doing me some good =) They also give my z a very burly sound. It's not the typical vq sound. sounds quite different.

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
nice numbers, but yes ive seen many dyno's from this dyno and its very happy, go strap it to a dynojet if u want the realistic numbers, or dynodynamics if u wanna cry...but cool man im sure u are enjoying it, congrats..
why is it that the numbers are so different. what makes any dyno more correct than the next. someone educate me on this. I like the numbers from THIS dyno

Originally Posted by Phenom
btw the theft map sounds cool. You should get a dash mounted cam that starts recording when your car gets broken into so you can see the face of the guy who hotwires your car expecting to make his fast getaway, only to max out at a tire smoking 1mph

that would be some funny ****

but seriously wouldn't the car just stall if it was in first going 1mph? so essentially the map prevents you from even getting the car moving in the first place?
Yeah i was thinking that too. I figure the car would just stall and **** off whoever was trying to steal it, lol. As funny as it would be to see their reaction, i wouldn't want ANYONE breaking in in the first place, hehe. Would rather not replace my windows and other things. but i tried it out today, just shut off my car and when it was in accessory mode, i switched it to the anti theft mode, turned on my car and it worked! a nice little map it is

ps. I know this info is quite irrelevant, but I'm excited about it nonetheless, Im getting some work cr kai's 18x9.5 all around and a nismo v2 kit real soon =) cant wait to post pics for y'all!

Last edited by King350Z; 07-24-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:08 PM
tylerxfire

^^its not that one dyno is wrong and one is right, to me a dyno is a tuning device and nothing more...numbers are numbers and especially when it comes to some dyno's, i mean i have been on 2 dynojets now one said 394whp when i got tuned which is a awd dynojet and another dynojet in my area said 403whp, and a dynapack i was on gave me 435whp, trust me i like the 435whp but realistically i would put me at 400whp..its just the percentage of drivetrain loss's are different and so many variables can make a difference with dyno's, plus some people dont even know what gear to dyno in which makes a difference..i have not been on a dynodynamics and really dont care to cause it will be a kick in the sack
Old 07-24-2009, 04:09 PM
tylerxfire

some places like to put up great numbers and somehow fudge settings to make higher numbers from what i get such as the church's dyno which is well known to read very very high from all the others for whatever reason..
Old 07-24-2009, 04:11 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

DD's shrivel nut sacks and crush dreams.

Quick Reply: I love my baby (Osiris Tune results)