Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Plz Help about Race gas and osiris tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 12:28 AM
SpeedDemon20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plz Help about Race gas and osiris tune

how would this work i mean what side effects are to race gas and is it really safe or not?
Old 02-07-2010, 06:28 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Your question is a little vague, so answering is difficult. You could first start by explaining your setup and why you are looking at race gas. Also, which race gas are you referring to - all are not created equal.

Race gas (unleaded) is not harmful. Be aware that you can/will likely lose power if you do not have a proper tune for it. Just adding race gas to a car does not make it faster.
Race gas (leaded) will shorten the life of o2 sensors and damage catalytic converters. Again, a tune is necessary to take advantage of the added octane.

Osiris has map switching so you could put a "racegas" tune on map 2 or 3. One of the biggest difficulties with racegas in a Z/G is the gas tank. It is not simple to completely drain both tanks and exchange for a different fuel, so you often end up with a diluted mix when switching.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:44 AM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

prolly a stock z and wanting to run some expensive gas thats gonna do nothing...

must be tuned for race gas...and yes why do u want it op?
Old 02-07-2010, 12:45 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Fill the tank with race gas a get a tune. Not very complicated.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:43 PM
screener
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I have read I thought the z/g's were limited on adding timing in the mid, with tuning on 93 oct N?A. So if you cannot add more timing, race gas would be useless right?

FI can benefit due to them needing to remove lots of timing from the map to run boost. They can run race gas, and advance timing a couple degrees to gain some extra, right?
Old 02-07-2010, 03:33 PM
SpeedDemon20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
prolly a stock z and wanting to run some expensive gas thats gonna do nothing...

must be tuned for race gas...and yes why do u want it op?

I have full bolts ons so all i need is a tune now and im trying to decide if i wanna do race gas or not, only planning on using it on the track anyways with race gas
Old 02-07-2010, 04:55 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by beddow
From what I have read I thought the z/g's were limited on adding timing in the mid, with tuning on 93 oct N?A. So if you cannot add more timing, race gas would be useless right?

FI can benefit due to them needing to remove lots of timing from the map to run boost. They can run race gas, and advance timing a couple degrees to gain some extra, right?
wtf? there is no limit to adding timing in the midrange. maybe you are thinking of a certain type of piggyback system. osiris is a full flash and pretty much can tune to whatever extent a person needs it.

Originally Posted by SpeedDemon20
I have full bolts ons so all i need is a tune now and im trying to decide if i wanna do race gas or not, only planning on using it on the track anyways with race gas

Race gas will benefit in many ways for track cars. Like Hal said though, for switching fuels out completely it's hard. If you tune it on full race gas (by completely draining) you need to spend the time to completely drain the non-race gas otherwise you can get a diluted mix of racegas and it won't match the tune (which is bad).

truthfully, race gas is quite costly and very time consuming if you are switching between street fuel and race fuel. It was a pain in the *** just switching out fuel for our bikes and they only have a 4 gallon tank that easily unbolts to drain it.

you need to decide is that extra few hp (and with only bolt ons we are talking just a couple hp) by tuning on race gas is worth all the trouble. A built engine with high compression would benefit more and be a little more worth the trouble.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Unless you need every last horsepower from your engine, I wouldn't bother with racegas for a stock NA VQ35 with boltons. As mentioned by others, the gains for the cost/trouble are small for your application.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:20 AM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

How about meth/water injection? cheaper and better for cooling in the track.