VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Fujita Air '07 350z intake dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 09:50 AM
Optamix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
Dang your 1st post and it was kinda mean...lol You will fit in here just fine

Lol. I've grown up on offtopic.com Its kinda rough there.

Uninformed and aggressively ignorant people strike a nerve with me.

Last edited by Optamix; 07-23-2007 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:43 AM
pistols07Z

Originally Posted by Optamix
The "shiny metal" will also radiate heat faster and reflect more of it away.

If you had read the thread you would have seen that heat shields are available.

Black plastic will absorb heat faster and hold it longer because it won't radiate it away as fast. Also most people modify their cars so it doesn't look stock.

Also at any speed over 10mph heat soak is pretty much non existent.

Not to sound like an ***, but if you are going to say "I don't know I guess I am one of the few people more into performanc and numbers than bling bling" you should probably understand how/why a car can make more HP because of modifications.
Hold in one hand a plastic tube and the other a "shiny metal" tube. Heat them up and see which one you want to drop first. There has plenty of R & D on this... dig a little deeper

The heatshield helps aide the poor design from the start...
I agree over 10mph heatsoak is minimal but still existant and every little bit helps right? Thats why we pay $300-$400 for 5whp?

Looks is subjective and in the eye of the beholder. I rather pay my money on a quality subtle piece that performs well, than a shiny piece that looks "cool". That is my opinion, you might not agree if you feel the need to show off your bling bling, cool looking intake to your friends.

Maybe you should spend more time doing research and less time trying to argue somebody's opinion and pretending to know what your talking about.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:44 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Lol. I've grown up on offtopic.com Its kinda rough there.

hahahaha its kool. Well at least when u post sumthing or have a thread about sumthing u dont know and wanna know u will already be use to get flamed bc some people on here just get on to fill big
Old 07-23-2007, 10:55 AM
polklit

The "shiny metal" will also radiate heat faster and reflect more of it away.

If you had read the thread you would have seen that heat shields are available.

Black plastic will absorb heat faster and hold it longer because it won't radiate it away as fast. Also most people modify their cars so it doesn't look stock.

Also at any speed over 10mph heat soak is pretty much non existent.

Not to sound like an ***, but if you are going to say "I don't know I guess I am one of the few people more into performanc and numbers than bling bling" you should probably understand how/why a car can make more HP because of modifications.
Hey...I like bling. But I like physics too. Conduction is a basic principle. Black plastic insulates, shiny metal does not. The question is really where the heat is coming from. My first thought is inside to out, but that's because my car is FI, so shiny pipes reflect and radiate the heat out much better. In a N/A application, hopefully and theoretically the air coming into the intake is cooler than that in the immediate engine bay area, so you would want to insulate, hence black plastic tube. If, however, the air is approximately the same temperature and isn't vastly cooler, a more metallic, reflective finish (I guess) would be preferable.

Also metal piping is far easier to fabricate with a mandrel bender than to make a mold for a plastic one.

Also, on a tuning dyno (aka dyno dynamics or an autralian dyno) a simple intake will not make more than 2 or 3 hp in MOST scenarios.

Maybe I'm talking out of my ***, but that's my take on things.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:57 AM
D'sNuts

they should have titled this intake thread "lets get pissed at the good, the bad, and the ugly" ahahah I'd say when this comes out it will be the best all around intake.. for the time being... its like an i-phone, you can either get the newest thing to hit the market for the car now or you can wait until all the flaws are takin out and get the new and improved watever it may be...(nismo/JWT/Injen) Imo
Old 07-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Optamix

Originally Posted by pistols07Z
Hold in one hand a plastic tube and the other a "shiny metal" tube. Heat them up and see which one you want to drop first. There has plenty of R & D on this... dig a little deeper

Exactly, because it's radiating the heat at a much quicker pace.

i.e. It will cool significantly faster once airflow increases over it.

You don't want it to be insulating because once the pipe heats up it will continue to store heat even after the ambient temperature of the engine bay drops. And it /will/ heat up at some point.

Last edited by Optamix; 07-23-2007 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Optamix

Originally Posted by pistols07Z

Maybe you should spend more time doing research and less time trying to argue somebody's opinion and pretending to know what your talking about.
And I'm not arguing against your opinion, you are arguing against fact. You don't really get to win that argument.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:15 AM
polklit

he's right. plastic sucks.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:25 AM
diablo25mn

Originally Posted by polklit
he's right. plastic sucks.
Well so everyone knows, I had set of prototype intakes from a different company similar to Fujita brands. There was definitely some heat soak while sitting in bumper to bumper traffic, but not enough to really affect the car. What I did have problems with were at Idle. For some reason with the A/C the car react weird. I couldn't figure out the cause, till after about a week without the A/C on the car would start fluttering a bit at idle. Finally i went back to stock this weekend; couldn't stand the idle. The car feels like it gained some power back and my idle immediately corrected itself.

I don't really understand what caused it to be honest. I have some ideas, but nothing I can prove. I'll be waiting for someone locally to get the Stillens and/or types when they come out.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Optamix

Originally Posted by diablo25mn
Well so everyone knows, I had set of prototype intakes from a different company similar to Fujita brands. There was definitely some heat soak while sitting in bumper to bumper traffic, but not enough to really affect the car. What I did have problems with were at Idle. For some reason with the A/C the car react weird. I couldn't figure out the cause, till after about a week without the A/C on the car would start fluttering a bit at idle. Finally i went back to stock this weekend; couldn't stand the idle. The car feels like it gained some power back and my idle immediately corrected itself.

I don't really understand what caused it to be honest. I have some ideas, but nothing I can prove. I'll be waiting for someone locally to get the Stillens and/or types when they come out.
New computers act really weird sometimes. Takes lots of R&D.

Maybe thats why they did so many dyno pulls? It might not have been to deceive, they may have been checking different pipe diameters to find the best driveability and power combination.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:03 PM
YellowRex

Default terror!

This read "Uniformed ... people strike a nerve with me" before Optamix fixed it. I wanted to quote it for posterity and call him a terrorist, but admin activation of accounts for the lose.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Optamix

Originally Posted by YellowRex
This read "Uniformed ... people strike a nerve with me" before Optamix fixed it. I wanted to quote it for posterity and call him a terrorist, but admin activation of accounts for the lose.
Sure it did. We believe you

Everyone knows my spelling is top notch.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:16 AM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

Any more news on this intake?
Old 08-02-2007, 12:05 PM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's suppose to be out according to the email Fujita gave me....but because of their laggy delay, i have not been very inspired to follow up.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:33 AM
Riley07

Ptuning.com called me yesterday and also sent a e-mail saying they have them in stock and are ready to ship...Who will be the first??
Old 08-03-2007, 05:21 AM
ZLadie2000
Banned

how much are they?
Old 08-03-2007, 05:56 AM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

$306.95 (Free Shipping)

http://www.ptuning.com/html/Item-Des...ModelDesc=350Z
Old 08-03-2007, 05:57 AM
shocka04

306 with free shippin from p-tuning

edit: ^^^damn, lil too late

i'd like to get this but i told myself i wasnt going to spend anymore money for a while
Old 08-03-2007, 07:48 AM
VitViper

They're only getting 4 in, and 3 are already spoken for.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Equinox

Fujita also confirmed that intakes are in. I am hoping they will ship mine out on Monday.

Any shops in San Diego want to donate some dyno time so we can do another before/after test?

Quick Reply: Fujita Air '07 350z intake dyno results