Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

07 HR reflash completed!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 08:28 AM
fastm3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KManZ
Seeing as you are from Cali, emissions is a big deal for you Will these mods w/ re-flash cause you to fail emissions? I may want to take this route but don't want to deal with failing emissions here in VA.
you are damn right about cali emission. i only have a y-pipe so i am good with the emission. when I was there Tadashi told me HFC will give another may 3whp and it really doesnt worth the hassle. A good cat back exhaust is good he said. If you guys are locate you should go talk to him. He will give you some very good useful advise. Just throwing in parts after parts might not necessary give you more power especially for the 07+. They just fulfill ones ego. He showed me many dyno graphs with different kinds of mods and none produce significant power as a good stocker with an good cat back exhaust.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:16 AM
warmmilk

^which cat back specifically? what about power with test pipes?
Old 03-18-2008, 11:20 AM
fastm3

Originally Posted by warmmilk
^which cat back specifically? what about power with test pipes?

arrggg....i didn't ask him which HFC specifically. Sorry no details on test pipe. I did not ask him since I was not planning to install one.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:27 AM
warmmilk

i was more intrested in which cat back exhaust, not which HFC
Old 03-18-2008, 12:06 PM
TCO

Originally Posted by warmmilk
i was more intrested in which cat back exhaust, not which HFC
me too
Old 03-18-2008, 10:29 PM
A.H

Good to hear everything worked out as expected.
Let me know when you're headed to TS have it tuned. If you don't mind I'd like to meet you there.
Im going this Thursday at 2 Pm
Old 03-18-2008, 10:43 PM
fastm3

Originally Posted by A.H
Im going this Thursday at 2 Pm

good for you! you will not be disappointed.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:25 PM
A.H

good for you! you will not be disappointed.
just wanted to know if you felt a noticable increase in HP after you got it tuned to w/e octane on top of the reflash w/o tuning.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:36 AM
KManZ
Banned

Originally Posted by fastm3
you are damn right about cali emission. i only have a y-pipe so i am good with the emission. when I was there Tadashi told me HFC will give another may 3whp and it really doesnt worth the hassle. A good cat back exhaust is good he said. If you guys are locate you should go talk to him. He will give you some very good useful advise. Just throwing in parts after parts might not necessary give you more power especially for the 07+. They just fulfill ones ego. He showed me many dyno graphs with different kinds of mods and none produce significant power as a good stocker with an good cat back exhaust.
Awesome answer, thanks! After reading this thread yesterday I went to the nismostore web page and looked at the Nismo Y-Pipe. Then I checked out the Nismo exhaust and saw that the y-Pipe was included in that package And the price is nice. I think I might invest in that set up (Nismo Cat-Back + Reflash). I don't want raspy sounding HFC's or TP's, nor do I want to deal with emission issues.

And what exactly does a "tune" entail? Can I just take the car to a local tuner (Function:Tuned, for example) and have them tune it?

Last edited by KManZ; 03-19-2008 at 04:41 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:27 AM
WalkerT
Professional

Only one shop has been able to crack our ECU so they are the only ones that can tune your fuel and ignition maps. There is a lot more involved in this beside just a normal tune. If you read this whole thread it is all in here.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:20 AM
KManZ
Banned

Originally Posted by WalkerT
Only one shop has been able to crack our ECU so they are the only ones that can tune your fuel and ignition maps. There is a lot more involved in this beside just a normal tune. If you read this whole thread it is all in here.

Ahhhh I got it, when you say "tune", you actually mean sending the ECU in for "re-tuning". Ok, I thought that there was an additional tune that needed to be done AFTER the ECU was re-flashed. Mix up on words..
Old 03-19-2008, 09:13 AM
fastm3

Ahhhh I got it, when you say "tune", you actually mean sending the ECU in for "re-tuning". Ok, I thought that there was an additional tune that needed to be done AFTER the ECU was re-flashed. Mix up on words..

there is a slight difference between a tune and a reflash. Reflash you basically send in your ecu along with the mods description and they will program it to the best they could that they think will work with your mods. But as you know every car with different mods combo will varies in power. they cannot have one program fits all. But with a tune they put the car on the dyno and play with different settings until they get the max power. A tune is better because it guarantees the car will achieve max power.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:53 AM
KManZ
Banned

Originally Posted by fastm3
there is a slight difference between a tune and a reflash. Reflash you basically send in your ecu along with the mods description and they will program it to the best they could that they think will work with your mods. But as you know every car with different mods combo will varies in power. they cannot have one program fits all. But with a tune they put the car on the dyno and play with different settings until they get the max power. A tune is better because it guarantees the car will achieve max power.

Hope that helps.
I gathered all that from the article, thanks I know what a tune and re-flash is, just not the whole process to have it done; if the final tune requires you to actually be there in Cali, what do out of state people do?? Tell them what my mods are, yes, but will it be the same as an actual tune that is being spoken of?
Old 03-20-2008, 07:50 AM
Profink

I gathered all that from the article, thanks I know what a tune and re-flash is, just not the whole process to have it done; if the final tune requires you to actually be there in Cali, what do out of state people do?? Tell them what my mods are, yes, but will it be the same as an actual tune that is being spoken of?
What you would get would be as close to a tune as you could get without taking your car in. Remember that since the programs Technosquare reflasges with are based on the tuning of many cars. Yes, every car is going to be different, but Technosquare has a very good idea of how each car is going to react.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:33 PM
A.H

Ok so i went to technosquare today with tadashi to get my car tuned. He flashed back to stock and i got around 277. Then he reflashed it and i think he got 291. Then he tuned it up with minor adjustmants here and there and ended up with a grand total of 296 and a A/F ratio of 13.2 . He was very shocked at the power I put down considering it was an automatic and said he could very easily get it to 300 WHP if I swapped back to my stock intake as i have the stillen one as of now. Sounds very tempting but i think im going to have to give it more thought. He was very helpful and even adjusted my throttle response and made it more sensitive. He said he brought the sensitivity up to that of a stock 6 speed but im going to go back next week for more sensitivity because of my preferences. I talked to him as well about the mail in flashes and he believes my car will be the last code he needs before he releases it. All he needed was an automatic code/base code(6 speed)/enthusiasts up code(6-speed). I believe he has all these codes now and is ready to start the mail in but im not 100% sure. Price wise he said its going to be around $550. All in all a very good product and a great tuner. Here's my dyno at the end of the day.

Last edited by A.H; 03-20-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:49 PM
hiz-n-herz

Originally Posted by A.H
I believe he has all these codes now and is ready to start the mail in but im not 100% sure. Price wise he said its going to be around $550. All in all a very good product and a great tuner. Here's my dyno at the end of the day.
Wow!

I'll put this on my list. You're lucky tho because you got a custom tune.

I am not sure about a one-size-fite-all tune, Those numbers are impressive. MASSIVE increase in the area under the curve.

Can't wait till it's available...
Old 03-20-2008, 10:31 PM
warmmilk

i like the 5000+ rpm gains: huge!!! where it counts

i think when i'm gonna get around to this, i'm gonna bite the bullet and drive down to cali for a custom tune instead of a reflash
Old 03-20-2008, 10:49 PM
A.H

i like the 5000+ rpm gains: huge!!! where it counts

i think when i'm gonna get around to this, i'm gonna bite the bullet and drive down to cali for a custom tune instead of a reflash
If you don't mind the drive then i highyl recommend it as I feel a pretty noticible difference after the tune even though it was pretty good with just teh reflash.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:51 PM
fastm3

Originally Posted by A.H
If you don't mind the drive then i highyl recommend it as I feel a pretty noticible difference after the tune even though it was pretty good with just teh reflash.

congrats! i told you you won't be disappointed.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:57 PM
A.H

congrats! i told you you won't be disappointed.
You were completly right By the way did you get your throttle response sharpened up and if so, how much?

Quick Reply: 07 HR reflash completed!!