Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

07 HR reflash completed!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 01:55 PM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Profink
That shouldn't be a problem. I'm house sitting for my parents in westlake right now so I'll just head down to supercar Sunday and meet you there. I'll PM you my cell #.
I'll be at SCS as well.

Just a quick quesiton, what kind of dyno was used at technosquare?
Old 04-18-2008, 02:10 PM
Profink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aloh
I'll be at SCS as well.

Just a quick quesiton, what kind of dyno was used at technosquare?
Technosquare has a FlowJet dyno. It reads extremly low, but its a good dyno for tuning. They can convert numbers to dynojet numbers for comparisons.

I guess I'll bring the Z to SCS, so keep an eye out for a Carbon Silver Z with a Nismo V2, with red and black accents and TS diffuser... Its pretty hard to miss it.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:18 PM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Technosquare has a FlowJet dyno. It reads extremly low, but its a good dyno for tuning. They can convert numbers to dynojet numbers for comparisons.

I guess I'll bring the Z to SCS, so keep an eye out for a Carbon Silver Z with a Nismo V2, with red and black accents and TS diffuser... Its pretty hard to miss it.
Were the numbers A.H. gave us calibrated to read like a dynojet? Cuase those are some nice numbers! haha
Old 04-18-2008, 02:38 PM
j.arnaldo
Banned

Guys: Pardon my ignorance, but I'm a 59-yr.-old Zed lover ('04 Touring Coupe,
stock, OF COURSE!). The question is: What's a reflash??? Thanks, in advance,
for your patience!
Old 04-18-2008, 02:55 PM
A.H

aloh Quote:

Were the numbers A.H. gave us calibrated to read like a dynojet? Cuase those are some nice numbers! haha
Yes those are the corrected numbers. Uncorrected Hp was 256.5 and torque was 223.6
Old 04-18-2008, 05:56 PM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

Originally Posted by j.arnaldo
Guys: Pardon my ignorance, but I'm a 59-yr.-old Zed lover ('04 Touring Coupe,
stock, OF COURSE!). The question is: What's a reflash??? Thanks, in advance,
for your patience!
j, read through this Technosquare explanation. It should answer all your questions regarding their reflash:

http://www.technosquareinc.com/technosecu.htm

I hope I'm still in a Z when I'm your age (which unfortunately won't be as long as I'd like it to be ).
Old 04-20-2008, 08:45 AM
paco87

Originally Posted by paco87
Besides Technosquare, I wonder if there is somebody else doing this reflash. I am very interested in this mod but living in Florida and having the car as my daily driver, I can't afford to wait a week or more while my car is sitting lifeless in front of my house as the computer goes to the other side of the country.

I know I'm not the only one in this position so if something can be done for us, the mere mortals that count on only one car to go to work, it would be great.

No suggestions?
Old 04-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Peak350

Rental car and carpool. They can't make time stand still.

Overnight shipping helps, but it still probably would take minimum 3 days....so at best you'd be out of a car for 3.5 days.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:28 PM
New JerZ

wha is going on with this flash? Do we have any dates for availablity/firm price/length of time car will be out of commission/before and after dyno sheets from multiple cars? The website hasnt been updated yet to include any of this info.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:55 PM
07pearlwhiteZ

Originally Posted by New JerZ
wha is going on with this flash? Do we have any dates for availablity/firm price/length of time car will be out of commission/before and after dyno sheets from multiple cars? The website hasnt been updated yet to include any of this info.
It's available now, and if I remember correctly, it's $550 + shipping both ways. They can flash it the day they get the ecu, and have it out the same day, or next day depending on when they get it. They'll answer any questions you e-mail them(although it always takes about 2-3 days for a response). I've already e-mailed them a few times asking questions.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:03 PM
New JerZ

cool thanks
Old 04-21-2008, 04:44 PM
baspence

Jesus, I wish something else would come out..... I'm gonna try it though.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:48 PM
crg914

I wish Tadeshi or someone from TS would tour the US reflashing and custom tuning cars. I know when I owned an evo, that was a common and very popular thing to occur. The first one that comes to mind is Dynoflash, he would get a deposit from 5, 10, 20 people or whatever, set a time a place, and everyone would hang out, he would road tune cars. I wish that was a possibility.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:26 PM
baspence

Originally Posted by crg914
I wish Tadeshi or someone from TS would tour the US reflashing and custom tuning cars. I know when I owned an evo, that was a common and very popular thing to occur. The first one that comes to mind is Dynoflash, he would get a deposit from 5, 10, 20 people or whatever, set a time a place, and everyone would hang out, he would road tune cars. I wish that was a possibility.
x2

preach on mang, preach on
Old 04-21-2008, 06:57 PM
east1999bt

+3
Old 04-22-2008, 07:03 AM
07pearlwhiteZ

+4

I would be all over this if it were to happen. I'd even be down to drive to another near by state if he didn't come to my state. Someone tell him to do this please!
Old 04-22-2008, 07:10 AM
hr350z33

+5

i'm in!
Old 04-22-2008, 12:32 PM
supernadc2
Banned

I just made an appt to go in Monday... I really thought my next Mod was goin to be a vortech or procharger but in the mean time im going to see how this goes. Im interested to see how it works out with the NISMO intakes. Ive seen people post on other intakes but dont recall anyone saying they had any issues with the Nismo. I sold my stock intake so hope no drop in power on the band. Im getting the re-flash and dyno, and tech square told me that they would be re-flashing, doing a dyno and drive my car and then set it to the best setting. Hmm if they can tune it out to close to 300whp i think its more than worth the $150 extra. I work 6 miles away from TS =) so as soon as its done i will keep ya'z posted in the mean time i just want to see more results.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:47 PM
east1999bt

Originally Posted by supernadc2
I just made an appt to go in Monday... I really thought my next Mod was goin to be a vortech or procharger but in the mean time im going to see how this goes. Im interested to see how it works out with the NISMO intakes. Ive seen people post on other intakes but dont recall anyone saying they had any issues with the Nismo. I sold my stock intake so hope no drop in power on the band. Im getting the re-flash and dyno, and tech square told me that they would be re-flashing, doing a dyno and drive my car and then set it to the best setting. Hmm if they can tune it out to close to 300whp i think its more than worth the $150 extra. I work 6 miles away from TS =) so as soon as its done i will keep ya'z posted in the mean time i just want to see more results.
the stock intake will give u the most HP, the nismo intake loses some power from what i've read.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:03 PM
supernadc2
Banned

Originally Posted by east1999bt
the stock intake will give u the most HP, the nismo intake loses some power from what i've read.
Damn.. well i hope Techno Square can get it as close as possible to 295-300whp. If its plus or minus a couple its okay.

BUT DAMN IM EXCITED!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 07 HR reflash completed!!