Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

07 HR reflash completed!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 02:47 PM
350ZPK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Profink
I'll post some numbers after I talk to Technosquare tomorrow. I'm not sure about the cel, but will find out for you.
and.....details....
Old 02-14-2008, 03:59 PM
fwdracer1838

Originally Posted by 350ZPK
and.....details....
we are an impaient bunch are we not? LOL!
Old 02-14-2008, 05:33 PM
Profink

I call, but Tadashi was busy with a customer, so I shot him and email with a bunch of questions. As soon as I hear back from him you guys will know.

I know you guys want dyno numbers, so here we go. Mind you that I don't have all the dyno sheets with me, so there were some changes in mods durring this. I know that changes things a bit, but at least you'll see the total increase that is available.

When the car first went in it was dynoing at 230hp and 206trq. This was with Fujita intakes and Nismo exhaust. The original prototype reflash ended up producing 247.8hp and 217.1trq.

The second time it was taken in, the initial baseline dyno was relatively the same (within a hp or two). For the final dyno the car had crawford HFCs, Nismo exhaust, and stock intakes. The final numbers were 261.6hp and 233.2trq.

Some interesting things were discovered. The stock cats on the 07/08 Zs flow much better then in previous years. The addition of HFCs help, but not by the same amount that it has for the older cars. Also, the stock intakes flow really well from the get go. Part of this is probably due to each intake only requiring half the air as in previous years. I don't have all the numbers, but with the Fujita intakes, the peak hp was slightly higher probably within a few hp, but the over powerband looks nicer with the stock airboxes in. My guess is that there will be very few gains from intakes on our motors. The best we could hope to do is cut down on some of the turbulence produced by the flex pipe used and hope that it just adds a bit of power without disrupting the power band.

I don't have access to a scanner at the moment, so I can't show the actual graphs. Oh, and the final max A/F on the car was 13.9. Overall though the A/F is around 12.

Hope this can hold you guys over for a bit until I have more for you. Oh and the dyno that is used is a Superflow (I believe). Its known to read low numbers, so look at the difference between the before and after numbers and not the numbers themselves. The corrected numbers on this for a dynojet would look much nicer.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Hoooper

II don't have access to a scanner at the moment, so I can't show the actual graphs. Oh, and the final max A/F on the car was 13.9. Overall though the A/F is around 12.
around 12????? thats way way too low, unless this a a nitrous setup that you didnt specify there is a little power to be made by at least running in the 13afr range, preferrably 13.5
Old 02-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Profink

Originally Posted by Hoooper
around 12????? thats way way too low, unless this a a nitrous setup that you didnt specify there is a little power to be made by at least running in the 13afr range, preferrably 13.5
I take that back. Rechecked the chart and its more like 13 to 13.5. Sorry about that.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Hoooper

I take that back. Rechecked the chart and its more like 13 to 13.5. Sorry about that.
haha, no problem, thats good to hear. much better than 12:1.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:36 PM
T_K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like once this gets released theres going to be some Dynojet 300whp threads.

TK
Old 02-14-2008, 06:45 PM
goingtopless19

why can't they just sale em already?? lol they sound ready
Old 02-14-2008, 07:28 PM
350ZPK

This mod should def. put me over 300whp.

Even with just a borla TD exhaust, stock intake and stock cats
Old 02-14-2008, 07:45 PM
blazed54

so essentially you can be bone stock and benefit greatly from this tune? the only mod i'm interested in doing is a nismo exhaust. do i have to get the exhaust before i get the tune or can i do it the other way and still benefit? thx.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:11 PM
east1999bt

Originally Posted by T_K
Looks like once this gets released theres going to be some Dynojet 300whp threads.

TK
i can't wait - sounds awesome. hope it puts 310whp with bolt ons and ecu
Old 02-14-2008, 09:43 PM
red350track

i dont get why the stock 07s are dynoing so low for you guys? seems like here ppl are getting 260-265 stock?
Old 02-14-2008, 11:31 PM
johnnyblaze007

Originally Posted by red350track
i dont get why the stock 07s are dynoing so low for you guys? seems like here ppl are getting 260-265 stock?
Most guys are putting their car on dyno jet dynos which have much higher readings. Just a different type of dyno thats why the numbers are much lower than what you have seen. What matters the most is the baseline dyno then on the same dyno what numbers were gained after modding. My car actually dynoed at 269hp and 238tq stock on a dyno jet dyno.

Last edited by johnnyblaze007; 02-14-2008 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:46 AM
fwdracer1838

I call, but Tadashi was busy with a customer, so I shot him and email with a bunch of questions. As soon as I hear back from him you guys will know.

I know you guys want dyno numbers, so here we go. Mind you that I don't have all the dyno sheets with me, so there were some changes in mods durring this. I know that changes things a bit, but at least you'll see the total increase that is available.

When the car first went in it was dynoing at 230hp and 206trq. This was with Fujita intakes and Nismo exhaust. The original prototype reflash ended up producing 247.8hp and 217.1trq.

The second time it was taken in, the initial baseline dyno was relatively the same (within a hp or two). For the final dyno the car had crawford HFCs, Nismo exhaust, and stock intakes. The final numbers were 261.6hp and 233.2trq.

Some interesting things were discovered. The stock cats on the 07/08 Zs flow much better then in previous years. The addition of HFCs help, but not by the same amount that it has for the older cars. Also, the stock intakes flow really well from the get go. Part of this is probably due to each intake only requiring half the air as in previous years. I don't have all the numbers, but with the Fujita intakes, the peak hp was slightly higher probably within a few hp, but the over powerband looks nicer with the stock airboxes in. My guess is that there will be very few gains from intakes on our motors. The best we could hope to do is cut down on some of the turbulence produced by the flex pipe used and hope that it just adds a bit of power without disrupting the power band.

I don't have access to a scanner at the moment, so I can't show the actual graphs. Oh, and the final max A/F on the car was 13.9. Overall though the A/F is around 12.

Hope this can hold you guys over for a bit until I have more for you. Oh and the dyno that is used is a Superflow (I believe). Its known to read low numbers, so look at the difference between the before and after numbers and not the numbers themselves. The corrected numbers on this for a dynojet would look much nicer.
thats a decent overall gain...what kind of dyno? mustang?
Old 02-15-2008, 05:50 AM
Profink

Originally Posted by T_K

TK
Actually, I should be posting one soon. I have the corrected numbers but would like to get a run on an actual dynojet. Based on the corrected numbers I'm expecting a dynojet to read about 302.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:53 AM
Profink

Originally Posted by blazed54
so essentially you can be bone stock and benefit greatly from this tune? the only mod i'm interested in doing is a nismo exhaust. do i have to get the exhaust before i get the tune or can i do it the other way and still benefit? thx.
You'll probably benefit the most from the flash based on a stock car. The Nismo exhaust doesn't really add much to the car. When you send your ECU in, just let them know what you have bolted on or what you will have bolted on in the immediate future and let them pick the correct flash for you.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:40 AM
east1999bt

Originally Posted by fwdracer1838
thats a decent overall gain...what kind of dyno? mustang?
Oh and the dyno that is used is a Superflow (I believe). Its known to read low numbers, so look at the difference between the before and after numbers and not the numbers themselves. The corrected numbers on this for a dynojet would look much nicer.
read the entire post
Old 02-17-2008, 01:09 PM
capnstabn

Profink when you first took the car in and got the 230/206 did you have the HFCs/Exhaust on then? Because if those gains are strictly from the flash that is crazy.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Profink

Originally Posted by capnstabn
Profink when you first took the car in and got the 230/206 did you have the HFCs/Exhaust on then? Because if those gains are strictly from the flash that is crazy.
The original numbers came from just the nismo exhaust and fujita intakes. No HFCs. Unfortunately I don't have the other dyno sheets that would give a moor accurate number of what just a reflash will do. They exist, but I just don't have them. Either way, just looking at the dyno numbers from the first prototype the gains are great and figure there was some improvement over the original prototype and the final program.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:50 PM
capnstabn

The original numbers came from just the nismo exhaust and fujita intakes. No HFCs. Unfortunately I don't have the other dyno sheets that would give a moor accurate number of what just a reflash will do. They exist, but I just don't have them. Either way, just looking at the dyno numbers from the first prototype the gains are great and figure there was some improvement over the original prototype and the final program.

Thanks for the update. Either way its look like at least a 15hp/tq gain. Can't wait for them to release this.

Quick Reply: 07 HR reflash completed!!