Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

07 clutch issue...again

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:38 AM
rkemp1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 clutch issue...again

Hey guys, I know its been posted numerous times about people having the clutch drop problem underhard driving conditions or heavy traffic with the HR. I have had it too intermittently. Unfortunately there is a new issue to add to the clutch list and Im curious to know if I am the only one experiencing it. Since its gotten very cold.(below freezing) Ive noticed that when I get into my car my clutch pedal is very soft until about 65-75% depressed. Also when pressed down to the floor its very slow to return or wont return at all and I have to pull it back up. I havent actually driven the car hard in a few weeks so I know its not due to the regular overheating clutch issue. Anybody else had this problem or know what it could be attributed to?
Old 01-03-2008, 08:46 AM
SargentZ

If you haven't had it into the dealer yet, prepare yourself. you are experiencing the beginning stages of the dreaded slave/assist cylinder issue. Since I had mine replaced, the only thing I notice is the clunking and difficulty getting into first on these bitter-cold mornings but that I understand is normal with the Z.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:58 AM
rkemp1

Yeh I was kinda hoping it was just the cold but I guess thats just denial. Did they provide you with a rental during the warranty work?
Old 01-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

This morning it was about 17 degrees at my house and it was the first time my clutch was slow to return. I DID attribute it to the cold cause it seemed to loosen up pretty quickly, just the first or second push getting out of my driveway had the slow return. I too am just.....waiting.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:37 PM
rkemp1

I wish it was just the first or second push. I drove around for about 25 mins with the clutch about halfway down and slow to return when depressed.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:46 PM
itsjiggajames

Originally Posted by rkemp1
I wish it was just the first or second push. I drove around for about 25 mins with the clutch about halfway down and slow to return when depressed.
Your clutch would return only halfway? If thats what you mean.. you need to get that fixed asap.. can't be good on your clutch..
Old 01-03-2008, 02:01 PM
jetnoirZ

Yup beginning of the slave cylinder problem take it to the stealership get it corrected
Old 01-03-2008, 02:15 PM
shadykilla717

Now I needa pay attention to this. I know sometimes it feels kinda soft but it still kicks back. It miiight be a bit weak at start up but its freezing out. But I notice it still kicks back. One thing I know that gets me mad is when I rev up hard and take off the clutch pedal sits at the bottom and sticks then flies back up and I needa wait a lil less than a scnd before I can re-engage it into 2nd.. And sometimes my 2nd gear vibrates and does a little grind going into gear. But someone on here told me thats because I'm still getting use to this car.. I dunno.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Skorch

Originally Posted by rkemp1
Did they provide you with a rental during the warranty work?
Mine didn't at first. I had to convince them that the issue was a well-known problem while they tried to blame it on something else. After I proved them wrong they apologized and gave me a rental.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:52 PM
rkemp1

Originally Posted by Skorch
Mine didn't at first. I had to convince them that the issue was a well-known problem while they tried to blame it on something else. After I proved them wrong they apologized and gave me a rental.
I kinda figured that would be the case. dealers dont like to give anything for free. but they are gonna give me a rental or im raising hell. i may jus contact NNA before i go to the dealers. just to have some ammo
Old 01-03-2008, 06:27 PM
joselito76

Like I told in another thread .My was getting stuck all the time I mean all the time.I check the clutch reservoir it was almost empty. I replace the fluid with valvoline syntec and knock on wood the clutch is not sticking on the floor any more.I am not saying is the fluid i just telling what happen to me.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Corradoslc7

Originally Posted by joselito76
Like I told in another thread .My was getting stuck all the time I mean all the time.I check the clutch reservoir it was almost empty. I replace the fluid with valvoline syntec and knock on wood the clutch is not sticking on the floor any more.I am not saying is the fluid i just telling what happen to me.
Maybe the viscosity of the Valvoline syntec fluid is different than the stock fluid and masks the problems of the slave cylinder. Either way, what ever works right.

Last edited by Corradoslc7; 01-03-2008 at 07:31 PM.