Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Recall on slave cylinder

Old 01-15-2008, 08:42 AM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is great news!!! I certainly hope the members of this board had something to do with Nissan's decision to voluntarily recall. My car is parked for the winter, but I'll be sure to take care of this matter by the spring... Any idea if Nissan will send a letter to owners falling under the campaign?

It's just sad that TheGest didn't have the availability of this recall before he had his accident!!! I hope he's doing better!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 08:51 AM
warmmilk

^i called NNA and they told me that they'll mail me a letter about the recall. it may be beneficial for u to call them and ask them to send u one

Originally Posted by Peak350
Yeah, I intend to tip my tech. This will the be second time he's pulled my tranny
when u tip the tech, do u just do it out in the open, or do u have to do it under the table style, like ask to talk to the tech, then "go to look at the car" and then slap a 20 in his hand and ask him to take care of the car as if it were his baby. the reason i'm asking is cause maybe the dealer has some sort of policy or something against it

we need a "tipping the tech DIY"
Old 01-15-2008, 08:55 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by warmmilk
^i called NNA and they told me that they'll mail me a letter about the recall. it may be beneficial for u to call them and ask them to send u one

when u tip the tech, do u just do it out in the open, or do u have to do it under the table style, like ask to talk to the tech, then "go to look at the car" and then slap a 20 in his hand and ask him to take care of the car as if it were his baby. the reason i'm asking is cause maybe the dealer has some sort of policy or something against it

Do it under the table. I don't believe they're allowed to accept tips.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:05 AM
tourinz

Under the table is good... just tell the service advisor you got to get something out of the car... it's a good time to get motul oil installed... just give them the bottle and ask them to put in for you instead of nissan fluid... You can purchase it on mynismo.com...
Old 01-15-2008, 10:30 AM
warmmilk

Originally Posted by tourinz
Under the table is good... just tell the service advisor you got to get something out of the car... it's a good time to get motul oil installed... just give them the bottle and ask them to put in for you instead of nissan fluid... You can purchase it on mynismo.com...
how much fluid does the z take to completely fill up the system?

i wanna try the neo synthetics brake fluid rather than the motul as the dry and wet boiling temps are higher on the neo (wet boiling temp is equal on the motul racing fluid as the neo, but the motul dot 5.1 is lower than the neo), the neo is $19 per 12 oz, how many bottles do i need?

here is a link for more info on the neo

http://www.upgrademotoring.com/perfo...uperdot610.htm

Last edited by warmmilk; 01-15-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:38 AM
tourinz

Mine took about half a botttle of motul...
Old 01-15-2008, 11:15 AM
PM-Performance

I called NNA and mine does fall under that.
I dont drive mine much and havent beat on it yet for the pedal to stick. I will however agree the pedal pressure blows *****.

You guys think its worth it to bring it in and replace even if I am not having the problems?
Old 01-15-2008, 11:26 AM
tourinz

It is a voluntary recall, meaning not all cars are affected by it...
Old 01-15-2008, 11:47 AM
PM-Performance

I talked to my dealer and they said it would fall under the power train affects. So it would last as long as my power train warranty if I decided to do it later down the line.
Also this is not a recall. Recalls would be done for the life of the car. This is something else semi similar.

I dunno, if I knew it would help the way the clutch feels, id do it in a heartbeat. If it only fixes the clutch going to the floor, I'll prob wait to see if it happens.
The tech advisor told me the techs look everything over before even replacing it. So I dont think its just a take it in and replace regardless.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:00 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer is taking mine in and replacing it even though I never had a issue.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:19 PM
SargentZ

Originally Posted by PM-Performance
I called NNA and mine does fall under that.
I dont drive mine much and havent beat on it yet for the pedal to stick. I will however agree the pedal pressure blows *****.

You guys think its worth it to bring it in and replace even if I am not having the problems?

Yes!!!! as when it goes... you will be stranded, pedal falls to the floor and stays there. Fortuanelty it happened to me in my own driveway and my dealer flatbedded it back to their shop.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:24 PM
tsabrale
ima shirimasen

In my case, I can't bring my car to the dealership without the letter. Apparently, without the letter, they don't know what the problem is or what part to replace. Oh well, my clutch hasn't had any problems, but I will probably find out with some hard driving during a HPDE event beginning of Feb. Also, I am very seriously thinking about getting that after market clutch ready for when I do take the care in. At least I should start doing the research.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:01 PM
warmmilk

^then call nna (1-800-nissan-1) and tell them u have a 350z and u found out that there is a recall on it (if they ask where, tell them u found it online, don't tell them about this forum, i don't want nna snooping around keeping tabs on how we use our cars). they will ask u for ur vin number, and if u fall in the range, then they will ask if u want them to fax it to u or mail it to u
Old 01-15-2008, 03:16 PM
SargentZ

Lookie what showed up in the mail today. Looks like all affected owners will be getting this in the mail.
Attached Thumbnails Recall on slave cylinder-z-recall.jpg  

Last edited by SargentZ; 01-15-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:23 PM
Peak350

My dad picked my car up for me when I had my front subframe replaced (hit a log for those that don't follow) so I didn't have a chance to tip him then.

I'll go talk to him and hand him a $50. As many times as he's taken care of me I should, probably tip my SA too, shes been extremely helpful.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:31 PM
warmmilk

my SA's a b*tch, everything is because of driving habbits, including warped brake discs on my mom's quest minivan, and she drives like a grandma

i'm planning on tipping the tech though, cause i want a good job on my slave cylinder thing. to bad its only the slave cylinder, i had my hopes up that a new clutch and flywheel would be included also

Last edited by warmmilk; 01-15-2008 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:38 PM
tsabrale
ima shirimasen

^then call nna (1-800-nissan-1) and tell them u have a 350z and u found out that there is a recall on it (if they ask where, tell them u found it online, don't tell them about this forum, i don't want nna snooping around keeping tabs on how we use our cars). they will ask u for ur vin number, and if u fall in the range, then they will ask if u want them to fax it to u or mail it to u
Oh, it's the service manager at the local dealership who says I need a letter. I called NNA first. The gave me a File Number and told me just to contact any dealer and I should be able to get it taken care of. I guess I need to wait for that letter from NNA before I can bring my car in.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:39 PM
tsabrale
ima shirimasen

Originally Posted by SargentZ
Lookie what showed up in the mail today. Looks like all affected owners will be getting this in the mail.
Exactly what I need.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I wonder what they're saying about this on other car forums.

Oh well, as long as it gets fixed.... that's all that matters

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Recall on slave cylinder