Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Recall on slave cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 09:15 PM
K-man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my letter in the mail today as well. When I called Power Nissan (Chandler, AZ) they acted like the service recall was new to them. A service manager blew me off and said to call back in a couple of weeks

I'm not sure I should take my car there for service... or ask for a different service manager.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:21 PM
CRAYY Z

holy ****, my brother's 07 slave cylinder just went out on him today.. Talk about coincidence.. he said his clutch stuck to the floor on the middle of the freeway. Im glad he was alright..
Old 01-17-2008, 01:23 AM
BADASSTT

Originally Posted by CRAYY Z
holy ****, my brother's 07 slave cylinder just went out on him today.. Talk about coincidence.. he said his clutch stuck to the floor on the middle of the freeway. Im glad he was alright..
Damm just in the nick off time. Hope he is allright? I think Nissan did this recall cause this is a safety issue?
Old 01-17-2008, 02:19 AM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the clutch on my '06 stick in varies positions about 10-12 times since I bought it new 2 years ago, sometimes to the point the clutch burns/smells. Happend the other day on a hard launch trying to slip the clutch.

It only happens when I drive really hard at launches or downshifts with heavy throttle. I'm in no hurry to let those boneheads scratch and or ding my car for a 3rd time.

Don't even want to guess what they would do to the wheels. probably curb'em. No way in hell I'm taking all my underhood stuff out either.

I'd rather keep my pos clutch, drive normally (er) and keep my paint and body parts dent and scratch free, than spend 2 days removing all my stuff I don't want ruined by them.

Tip them? I'd rather shoot all of them.

Think I'll just wait till the ebrake fails for the 2nd time and get all of their mistakes fixed at once.

Last edited by Chad68; 01-17-2008 at 02:21 AM.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:32 AM
singh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^
I thought the same way when I was taking my car in. I couldn't help but worry about the little details they could screw up on. I hate dealerships.

However, I had to take my car in b/c I track my car and I was not able to launch without the pedal sticking to the floor.

When I got my car back, I inspected it thoroughly, and to my surprise I found no dings, curb rash, or anything wrong with the car. I'm happy.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:38 AM
tourinz

Please don't generalize dealerships... there are people out there trying to do right thing (Nissan of Duarte, Nissan of Delray, ETC...)
Old 01-17-2008, 06:52 AM
Louis21

I've had no issues with my clutch yet...since this is voluntary, should I wait i out? or should i get it replaced?
I'm a bit weary about dropping off my car at the dealer too. I understand some really do a good job and take care of the car, but had some pretty bad experiences with my previous car so if i can "wait and see" then I would rather do that....but don't want to all of a sudden experience it and then have Nissan say "ohh too late you should have come when you got the letter"

Last edited by Louis21; 01-17-2008 at 07:14 AM.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:19 AM
warmmilk

Originally Posted by Chad68
I've had the clutch on my '06 stick in varies positions about 10-12 times since I bought it new 2 years ago, sometimes to the point the clutch burns/smells. Happend the other day on a hard launch trying to slip the clutch.

It only happens when I drive really hard at launches or downshifts with heavy throttle. I'm in no hurry to let those boneheads scratch and or ding my car for a 3rd time.

Don't even want to guess what they would do to the wheels. probably curb'em. No way in hell I'm taking all my underhood stuff out either.

I'd rather keep my pos clutch, drive normally (er) and keep my paint and body parts dent and scratch free, than spend 2 days removing all my stuff I don't want ruined by them.

Tip them? I'd rather shoot all of them.

Think I'll just wait till the ebrake fails for the 2nd time and get all of their mistakes fixed at once.
not all dealers are the same, some suck, and some take care of u. but either way, this recall is for the 07's, and not even all the 07's, ur car isn't included cause its an 06, so u won't be covered by this recall anyway
Old 01-17-2008, 07:20 AM
Peak350

Originally Posted by Louis21
I've had no issues with my clutch yet...since this is voluntary, should I wait i out? or should i get it replaced?
I'm a bit weary about dropping off my car at the dealer too. I understand some really do a good job and take care of the car, but had some pretty bad experiences with my previous car so if i can "wait and see" then I would rather do that....but don't want to all of a sudden experience it and then have Nissan say "ohh too late you should have come when you got the letter"
PM carlos067 (I think) and ask what dealer he had his tranny/clutch stuff done at. Its a dealership with a performance department as well and they took good care of him.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:08 AM
Louis21

Originally Posted by Peak350
PM carlos067 (I think) and ask what dealer he had his tranny/clutch stuff done at. Its a dealership with a performance department as well and they took good care of him.
That's probably west palm nissan. The only issue is that they're an hour away from me so I'll have to call them to see if they would be able to do it on a saturday since i would have no way of getting back to work if i dropped it off there during the week......ahhh recalls, gotta love them...and Im sure Nissan wont give me a rental for the day.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:26 AM
jetnoirZ

Originally Posted by K-man
I got my letter in the mail today as well. When I called Power Nissan (Chandler, AZ) they acted like the service recall was new to them. A service manager blew me off and said to call back in a couple of weeks

I'm not sure I should take my car there for service... or ask for a different service manager.
Hey k man calling BS on power nissan in chandler...I took my 2007 in with that problem back in late Nov. i told them it was the slave cylinder and that there was a recall on it. he said it was news to him then. So for them to tell u that is total BS. Julio helped me talk to him and if he gives u BS about it tell him you have a friend that had his slave cylinder fixed here with him. ill be willing to back you up
Old 01-17-2008, 09:48 AM
6894kevin

Just got my letter but now the Biatch part is finding a "stealership" i trust.

Any one in Upstate SC???

Cheers

Kevin
Old 01-17-2008, 09:51 AM
jmark

Originally Posted by 6894kevin
Just got my letter but now the Biatch part is finding a "stealership" i trust.

Any one in Upstate SC???

Cheers

Kevin
Kevin, You go first!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:51 AM
capnstabn

Taking mine to the dealer at 9am tommorow. How long does this procedure normally take once they have your car on the lift?
Old 01-17-2008, 12:20 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

4 hours per what I heard. But it usually takes a dealer all day due to schedules. Mine is suppose to be done today at 5pm.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

They said its supposed to take 3 hours. But then i got a phone call after i dropped it off saying it takes a lot longer than that because they have to drop the trans.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Gooey

Just got my letter inthemail!
Old 01-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Gooey

oh man the server manager is gonna feel it saturday morning. Last time I took my car there at 3000 miles they denied me ofall warranty work because they said its due to my driving style. I told them many times its the fault of slave cylinder but they did not listen.
I will make sure they replace my clutch and flywheel at no charge.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:06 PM
sbZenth

i got mine in the mail today. mine hasnt had any problems but im gonna take it tomorrow.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Mansmind

mine came in the mail today... I'll let them keep it for a couple of days next week, maybe I'll get lucky and they can reproduce the "sputtering" issue also.

Quick Reply: Recall on slave cylinder