Keep us updated!
Old 10-21-2008, 06:58 PM
J. Dub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates?
Old 10-22-2008, 04:49 PM
A.H

ok so I finally got in contact with Kyle today. First batch of the final design will be 21-30 days from today.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:29 PM
markk132

so did you ever get dyno results on these headers? how much of a power increase did they produce?
Old 10-25-2008, 05:20 PM
A.H

Yes and the results were posted a long time ago. Read up

https://my350z.com/forum/vq35hr/3807...o-results.html
Old 11-11-2008, 12:28 PM
A.H

UPDATE: So I just got off the phone with Kyle and we have progress The completly redesigned header is now fabricated and ready for install. They only fab'ed up one and want to do some R&D on my car to check for any problems before mass production. I just have to note about Stillen amazing customer service that is leading me to always come back to them with teh security that they will fix a probelm if there is one. They need me to come down before 1 pm mon-friday and I can't make that But they were nice enough to give me a loaner car so they could keep my car for 1-2 days and work on it with precision instead of being rushed and I don't have to wait there doing nothing. Really nice of them. Then to top it off, they wanted to give me a free gift fora all my troubles. Even nicer and understanding of them. So I opted for there new suspension component(http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...SAN&model=350Z) and Kyle said there is a good possiblity and is just running it by the manager along with the date they want me to come in and he will call me back within 2 hours. Just really great customer service from Kyle that I just had to share. Top notch company. They get my approval
Old 11-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Smackin

^^^ I cannot wait for the new headers!!! Im really keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that they turn out well. I will be buying these a.s.a.p

Thanks again A.H for all the updates and work!
Old 11-11-2008, 04:04 PM
infinite

You contributed to gifts of knowledge to HR owners and now you are getting gifts in return. that's awesome.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:20 PM
NuVon

hey Kyle, try to get them to do a dyno on the new header Hopefully, it will be worth the time to put it back on.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:21 PM
NuVon

Sorry, I mean A.H. try to get them to do a dyno on the new header. I would like to see how the power curve goes.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:56 PM
NeverBoneStock

Originally Posted by A.H
UPDATE: So I just got off the phone with Kyle and we have progress The completly redesigned header is now fabricated and ready for install. They only fab'ed up one and want to do some R&D on my car to check for any problems before mass production. I just have to note about Stillen amazing customer service that is leading me to always come back to them with teh security that they will fix a probelm if there is one. They need me to come down before 1 pm mon-friday and I can't make that But they were nice enough to give me a loaner car so they could keep my car for 1-2 days and work on it with precision instead of being rushed and I don't have to wait there doing nothing. Really nice of them. Then to top it off, they wanted to give me a free gift fora all my troubles. Even nicer and understanding of them. So I opted for there new suspension component(http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...SAN&model=350Z) and Kyle said there is a good possiblity and is just running it by the manager along with the date they want me to come in and he will call me back within 2 hours. Just really great customer service from Kyle that I just had to share. Top notch company. They get my approval
What is the redesign ??? Is it totally different and are the going to make one for the G37 ??
Old 11-11-2008, 08:02 PM
A.H

Originally Posted by neverbonestock
What is the redesign ??? Is it totally different and are the going to make one for the G37 ??
I know you have theses headers for your G37 and as far as I know your headers shoudl be ok. The knuckle hit the header on the 350z version because it was designed on the G37 and not properly tested on the HR or even installed. As long as you don't hit the header while driving in every condition then ur good which is why there are no plans to redesign the G37 header. Instead the 350z header is getting the engineering it was suppose to get from day one. I don't know how they redesgined it but I assuem they jsut moved around the piping. Once I drop off my car I'll ahve them take pics of the version I have and the new design to look for differences. I'll also ask kyle to do a before and after dyno on thier dynojet, but that I can't promise but I will try.

-Arsh
Old 11-11-2008, 10:08 PM
NeverBoneStock

Originally Posted by A.H
I know you have theses headers for your G37 and as far as I know your headers shoudl be ok. The knuckle hit the header on the 350z version because it was designed on the G37 and not properly tested on the HR or even installed. As long as you don't hit the header while driving in every condition then ur good which is why there are no plans to redesign the G37 header. Instead the 350z header is getting the engineering it was suppose to get from day one. I don't know how they redesgined it but I assuem they jsut moved around the piping. Once I drop off my car I'll ahve them take pics of the version I have and the new design to look for differences. I'll also ask kyle to do a before and after dyno on thier dynojet, but that I can't promise but I will try.

-Arsh
Cool .. Keep us updated .
Old 11-27-2008, 03:55 AM
A.H

They just finished correcting the problem yesturday. Just finished the final testing of thier 3rd design on my car and my car is ready for pick up and production has already begun. So in theory you could call on Friday and order yourself a set. I haven't had the chance to test it out yet though. I'm just taking their word on it that they fixed it. I was told they even pushed the car to make sure under all condition it was good with lots of clearance and am todl it has been solved. I'll know for sure and report back when I pick up my car on Saturday.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:01 AM
KS0385

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What loaner car did you get?
Old 11-27-2008, 02:30 PM
infinite

Originally Posted by KS0385
What loaner car did you get?
a 370z
Old 11-27-2008, 07:18 PM
KS0385

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by infinite
a 370z
Wow, what a cheap POS.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Sergio07350Z

post vids when you get your car back!
Old 12-13-2008, 01:18 PM
infinite

any updates??? how much does the stillen headers weigh in comparison to the stock headers?
Old 12-13-2008, 04:36 PM
A.H

It's actually a coinsidence this thread got bumped today cause I was just about to put an update up. I finally got a chance to go in the canyons today and push the car and I'm extremly happy to report that all issues have been fully resolved and I now completly recommend anyone looking for power in their whole powerband to go and purchase these. On the limit of grip in my car, headers did not hit one slit bit. Quick left to right exchanges....nothing. These are good to go and Kyle Millen @ Stillen has provided such good customer service I will definetly go to them in the future. Everyone knows that a true good company is shown not with all positive events, but when somehting goes wrong and they have to do something to fix it. And Kyle and Stillen in general shined And due to all this down time and me not being able to push my car for so long he gave me the Stillen Front Brace which I extremly appreciate and would put on if I wasn't tight on cash( need to paint and install my body kit) so it's up for sale if anyone is interested. https://my350z.com/forum/forsale-soc...-brace.htmlAnd comparing weight of to the stock headers....i did hold each and the stillen is a little bit lighter but nothing too significant. They

Quick Reply: Stillen HR Header Defect