Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

DARTH_Z HR DYNO RESULTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 06:17 PM
hiz-n-herz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexx
is it just me or are most HR dynos posted either dynapack or mustang dyno? i wanna see some dynojets for once.
Ask and yee shall receive, my bruddah...

Before and after Bassani exhaust. HR engine, Dynojet: (A/F not hooked up)

Old 10-06-2008, 10:09 PM
A.H

^^^ Was your baseline when the car was stock?
Old 10-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz
Ask and yee shall receive, my bruddah...

Before and after Bassani exhaust. HR engine, Dynojet: (A/F not hooked up)

Thank you, a bit more realistic dyno imho.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:17 PM
black06z

Originally Posted by savvy
wow those are high #'s, especially since the fujita intakes supposedly LOSE power.
He lost almost 7hp according to that graph.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:47 PM
0350z33

Originally Posted by rkemp1
Not to be an ***, but I'm 100% sure its not. Dynapack dynos measure horsepower with two boxes directly attached to the hubs which means no rolling resistance. Dynapacks definitely read higher than dynojet and definitely much higher than dyno dynamics.
im just talking from experience because there is a shop in my area pretty new dynapack and it constantly reads about 7 to9% lower then any other dyno.. they actually call it the heartbreak dyno
Old 10-07-2008, 01:50 PM
App6MT

Straight from Shawn Church's mouth, his dyno reads higher, so what. All that matters is before / after on the same dyno. Anything else is irrelevant if you have nothing else to compare to it - even tracks.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Darth_Z

i will wen i get a few more mods.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:18 PM
hiz-n-herz

Originally Posted by A.H
^^^ Was your baseline when the car was stock?
Yes, bone stock for the baseline.

A.H., I wanna be like you (hp-wise) , but I don't see the one mod that netted you a majority of all that power. You running dual turbonators? I am not doubting your numbers, and I know that dynos vary as do conditions, but I would love to see incrementals from your baseline, and for each mod.

Are your gains mostly from exhaust? test-pipes? tune?
Old 10-08-2008, 01:04 AM
GHOST1207

nice numbers OP
Old 10-08-2008, 10:53 AM
rkemp1

Originally Posted by 0350z33
im just talking from experience because there is a shop in my area pretty new dynapack and it constantly reads about 7 to9% lower then any other dyno.. they actually call it the heartbreak dyno
That could be due to the way that the dyno is calibrated. A dyno can be calibrated incorrectly causing it to read higher or lower which could affect relative readings among different dyno types. A properly calibrated dynapack, will read higher than a properly calibrated dynojet, which will in turn read higher than a properly callibrated dyno dynamics dynomometer. Its the physics of the different dynos that cause these differences. Dynapacks attach at the hub, Dyno Dynamics are load based dynos, dynojets are not load based. Again I'm not being an *** just looking to pass along knowledge that has been given to me over the years. A few years ago I didnt know what the hell a dyno even was lol.

Last edited by rkemp1; 10-08-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:42 AM
T_K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rkemp1
That could be due to the way that the dyno is calibrated. A dyno can be calibrated incorrectly causing it to read higher or lower which could affect relative readings among different dyno types. A properly calibrated dynapack, will read higher than a properly calibrated dynojet, which will in turn read higher than a properly callibrated dyno dynamics dynomometer. Its the physics of the different dynos that cause these differences. Dynapacks attach at the hub, Dyno Dynamics are load based dynos, dynojets are not load based. Again I'm not being an *** just looking to pass along knowledge that has been given to me over the years. A few years ago I didnt know what the hell a dyno even was lol.
Fixed.

TK

Last edited by T_K; 10-08-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:44 PM
rkemp1

Originally Posted by T_K
Fixed.

TK
Thanks man! Edited!
Old 10-08-2008, 03:11 PM
A.H

Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz
Yes, bone stock for the baseline.

A.H., I wanna be like you (hp-wise) , but I don't see the one mod that netted you a majority of all that power. You running dual turbonators? I am not doubting your numbers, and I know that dynos vary as do conditions, but I would love to see incrementals from your baseline, and for each mod.

Are your gains mostly from exhaust? test-pipes? tune?
Damn, I can't believe you figured it out. I am running dual ultra series turbonators Haha no that i'm done having fun with that... IDK if you have seen all my threads but i have posted mulitple dynos with almsot every step to getting to my final 318.2whp number. I started on technosquare's dyno at 278whp with Fast Intentions Domintator/Test Pipes and stillen long tube dual intake. These numbers were relativly low compared to my final number now and these are not stock numbers. Then i got up to 293whp from jstu switching to a Fast Intentions Intimidator and what i think is important is the Injen Dual intake(note all this is on the same dyno). And you have to remember that I already had an exhaust and intake and jstu an improved desgin both ways netted me 15whp. Then I added stillen headers which got my 6whp to get to 298.9whp. Then I added UR crank pulley and saw no gain at all and i finailly got a refalsh and tune and got up to 318.2whp. All these dyno numbers i ahve quoted, I have posted teh dyno sheets and they are in my previous threads if you want to look them up. I did not jsut post a really high number like 318 without any "baseline" for theri to be a doubt in power gain. ANd imo i believe the majority of teh gains is teh refalsh/tuen which got me 20whp and even though people dont' liek to think about, I believe taht the injen dual inatek netted the second most amount of power right next to test pipes/exhaust by Fast Intentions and of course the Stillen headers helped but thats mostly evenly distuibuted over the powerband rather tahn peak numbers. I hope this helps answer your question.

-Arsh
Old 10-09-2008, 04:05 AM
KManZ
Banned

So, AH, with all of this work done, how does it feel over stock?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:12 PM
A.H

Originally Posted by KManZ
So, AH, with all of this work done, how does it feel over stock?
I can't even explain the feeling of the car. It sorta feels like a track beast with street tranquility. With the suspension work and tire combo it feels planted and ready to devour any corner and with the power upgrades it lets me pull nicely out of every corner. This combo of handling and straight line speed make this an amazing car. Stock car feels slugglish, especially the transmission, and the tires sucked but a good place to start modification. Even after being in much more expensive cars, my car feels like it has much more potential in going fast and giving you a smile in the process. It feels very connected to the road and for some reason it totally blew away my expectation of it when i would finish upgrades. I would not do anything different if I had to do it again: speed, handling, looks, audio = my dream car. An amazing all rounder which was exactly my goal when shopping for a car.

-Arsh
Old 10-09-2008, 08:04 PM
hiz-n-herz

Thanks for the break-down. What's a good source to purchase the intakes?

I saw infinite's numbers too and I am ready for some power...

I'll have to get the go-fast parts installed up here and then drive down to have tadashi tune my car. I'll prolly do HFCs - either stillen or Berk tech.

Originally Posted by A.H
Damn, I can't believe you figured it out. I am running dual ultra series turbonators Haha no that i'm done having fun with that... IDK if you have seen all my threads but i have posted mulitple dynos with almsot every step to getting to my final 318.2whp number. I started on technosquare's dyno at 278whp with Fast Intentions Domintator/Test Pipes and stillen long tube dual intake. These numbers were relativly low compared to my final number now and these are not stock numbers. Then i got up to 293whp from jstu switching to a Fast Intentions Intimidator and what i think is important is the Injen Dual intake(note all this is on the same dyno). And you have to remember that I already had an exhaust and intake and jstu an improved desgin both ways netted me 15whp. Then I added stillen headers which got my 6whp to get to 298.9whp. Then I added UR crank pulley and saw no gain at all and i finailly got a refalsh and tune and got up to 318.2whp. All these dyno numbers i ahve quoted, I have posted teh dyno sheets and they are in my previous threads if you want to look them up. I did not jsut post a really high number like 318 without any "baseline" for theri to be a doubt in power gain. ANd imo i believe the majority of teh gains is teh refalsh/tuen which got me 20whp and even though people dont' liek to think about, I believe taht the injen dual inatek netted the second most amount of power right next to test pipes/exhaust by Fast Intentions and of course the Stillen headers helped but thats mostly evenly distuibuted over the powerband rather tahn peak numbers. I hope this helps answer your question.

-Arsh
Old 10-09-2008, 11:10 PM
infinite

Originally Posted by A.H
I can't even explain the feeling of the car. It sorta feels like a track beast with street tranquility. With the suspension work and tire combo it feels planted and ready to devour any corner and with the power upgrades it lets me pull nicely out of every corner. This combo of handling and straight line speed make this an amazing car. Stock car feels slugglish, especially the transmission, and the tires sucked but a good place to start modification. Even after being in much more expensive cars, my car feels like it has much more potential in going fast and giving you a smile in the process. It feels very connected to the road and for some reason it totally blew away my expectation of it when i would finish upgrades. I would not do anything different if I had to do it again: speed, handling, looks, audio = my dream car. An amazing all rounder which was exactly my goal when shopping for a car.

-Arsh
+1 It's amazing, with a good setup, you get what you want in your own creation, it's faster, it's unique. You barely even tap the pedal and you're at or above speed limit like nothing. Then drive another car and it's like so slow and boring lol.