NeverBoneStock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a cobb ap for my G37.....
Old 11-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by neverbonestock
I have a cobb ap for my G37.....
Are you happy with it? Did you happen to get a dyno at all?
Old 11-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Justin@IOS
Sponsor
IOS Performance

Sorry I'm late to the thread, just flew back in from SEMA a few hours ago...

I installed a Cobb AP on our GTR here and it's been great so far. Not a single hiccup or issue and the car gets driven hard quite often as well.

I just got the HR model AP shipment in early last week and I've installed it on my Z. I don't have too many miles on the car yet, due to the fact that I've been out of town for the show, but so far, with the little driving I have done, I'm happy with the results.

I pulled off my aftermarket intakes and put the stock ones back in and I'm currently just running the stage 1 map with an aftermarket (stillen) exhaust. There's a noticeable difference in driveability (for the better). I've definitely gained a good amount of mid range and top end power with the stage I map.

I haven't had a chance to play with the other features of the AP yet, but I plan to over the weekend.

I also plan to install a set of HFC's and load up the stage II map, though I'd like to get it on a dyno before and after, so it may be a week or two before I get that done.

I'd like to see a higher redline (preferably 8k) and the drive by wire delay reduced or taken out all together, but I think they're going to need more feedback from customers/owners before making changes to that stuff.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:46 AM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

Thanks Justin, you've definitely got your finger on the button!!!

Please keep us informed.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Darth_Z

muhahahahaha i need to talk 2 some one on this forum, an expirienced z owner please hit me up
Old 11-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Darth_Z

justin@IOS PREFERABLY
Old 11-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Justin@IOS
Sponsor
IOS Performance

PM sent.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:02 PM
NeverBoneStock

Originally Posted by Peak350
Are you happy with it? Did you happen to get a dyno at all?
Go to myg37.com and the thread is cobb test mule and yes there is dyno..
Old 11-07-2008, 06:12 AM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

Nice writeup bonestock... Great numbers (considering the tuner stated they are 5-7% lower than DJ). Sounds like your tuner is saying that Cobb will be providing more custom tunes to download in the future based on the cars they get to tune (Stage 2+). I'm not sure how long that's going to take, but this is a good alternative to the Osiris tune if they actually make it self tunable.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Peak350

Ahh, see it now. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Morris

Will Cobb be coming out with custom tuning software?
Old 11-07-2008, 06:21 PM
NeverBoneStock

Originally Posted by quidproquo
Nice writeup bonestock... Great numbers (considering the tuner stated they are 5-7% lower than DJ). Sounds like your tuner is saying that Cobb will be providing more custom tunes to download in the future based on the cars they get to tune (Stage 2+). I'm not sure how long that's going to take, but this is a good alternative to the Osiris tune if they actually make it self tunable.
Im actually doing a review of the stillen headers and cobb will be doing another tune to see if it makes hp .. I already started a thread on it at my G37.com .. My mods are berk hfc , FI catback , K&N dropin filters and soon to be stillen headers in route now .. Cant decide on intake due to jwt losing power compared to stock.. Let you guys know .
Old 11-07-2008, 09:54 PM
350Zimo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im actually doing a review of the stillen headers and cobb will be doing another tune to see if it makes hp .. I already started a thread on it at my G37.com .. My mods are berk hfc , FI catback , K&N dropin filters and soon to be stillen headers in route now .. Cant decide on intake due to jwt losing power compared to stock.. Let you guys know .
can you post link pls
Old 11-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Peak350

I placed the order, hopefully it ships Monday. Meaning I can get my hands on it Tuesday.

I'll post a review of some kind once I get it flashed (more on ease of use than the feel of the maps).

If I have time I'll get a comparative dyno Friday and flip between stock/1/2 on the dyno (1 pull each basically) which won't be the best basis for comparison.

Does anyone know if there is a way to reset our adaptations easily? Or if its necessary for these circumstances?

I will have AFR's if I get the dyno, and it will be a dynojet.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:18 PM
D'sNuts

direct link please
Old 11-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Peak350

Ok. So I got my kit, was excited, flashed in the software backing up the stock tune. This process took a little over an hour (although it said 30 to back up and 15 to flash) so I was a little rushed (you know excitement) by the end of it.

The stage 2 is for cars with HFC's, although I'm not sure what dramatically changes in the tune between stock and HFC's, so I actually tried running both.

Being skeptical of butt dyno gains, I really didn't feel much. Stage 2 seemed to put a little more power in, but realistically it should be 1-2 car lengths in a 50-100 race so I wasn't upset that I hadn't felt anything. I did note that in the cold the car had a lot more traction issues, especially once grip was lost.

I planned to dyno then changed my mind, realizing that the big black dyno would be more suitable for the type of testing/results that matter to me (as it would measure some drivability features as well.

My results from the track showed some power gain, with a 10-15 mph headwind I was trapping the same (same day same temps) as I was on stock software with no headwind, and without the headwind, about 1.5-2 mph faster. That might sound small, but there was a fair power gain at full throttle under load.

Now, the rest of my review deals with drivability, and is pending a response from cobb. I'd rather not just post my assumptions.

Presently I would say that unless you want this for dyno numbers to wait. It doesn't put a feeling of sudden gain in your head, and unless you street race or dyno pretty often and just want bragging rights, it might be worth seeing if they release any new maps with more features since they don't raise the redline or change throttle response. We also haven't seen what other options will come, uprev especially might be a good option.

Edit, and to be fair, at the track I ran the stage 1 software as that is what was supposed to be run in the car according to their descriptions.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:53 PM
A.H

Good luck and keep us updated
Old 11-23-2008, 05:03 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by A.H
Good luck and keep us updated
Thanks! I hope they actually respond and don't brush me off.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:01 PM
red350track

im praying this AP turns out to be a good option, since cobb has a facility here now, keep us posted for sure!
Old 11-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by red350track
im praying this AP turns out to be a good option, since cobb has a facility here now, keep us posted for sure!
If a custom tune was available I think my *complaints* would be solved, but my guess is that it would take more than an hour on the dyno. Thus the cost would make me think, "why not just use an e-manage blue for a fuel tune and leave it at that."

Quick Reply: Cobb AP