Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

NEW Intake Manifold for VQ35HR!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Smackin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But i think the SS is better for cooling.

Hey A.H i would throw in a couple of bucks to the dyno/q.a fund!
You have done alot for us. Your the reason why bought my CAI and getting ready to buy stillen headers.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
Id rather have aluminum myself for the weight difference.
Well, aluminum weighs less, but I was also thinking to a less degree, given that the engine block and cylinder heads are both aluminum, if you were trying to justify Stainless for a lower thermal expansion rate, that theory gets busted as well. Aluminum should take boosting stress fine, frankly its probably just a matter of looks

Edit - although Aluminum is more thermally (and electrically) conductive, I doubt there is a significant difference for the application we are talking here.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:36 PM
kyle22

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

How much does it usually cost to dyno, retune and dyno again?
Old 03-01-2009, 07:42 PM
FastZ33

cant wait
thanks AH
Old 03-01-2009, 07:46 PM
red_magic2000

Originally Posted by A.H

The agreement with Revshift states that I must present the dyno results to them before posting it for everyone to see because they are trying to make it very clear that if the manifold doesnt produce pleasing results then they will be modifying the design until it does what it is supposed to do. so this is not a one shot deal, but there will eventually be an awsome HR manifold available from Revshift either very soon or a little bit later(i'm hoping sooner haha).

I will of course get some nice high resolution pics when I get the part in I'm so exited my hands are shaking while writing this lol. Wish me luck
WOW this sounds so shady!!! So they're selling a part that hasn't even been tested? Sounds like they just made something up quick, are going to sell it to someone to see if it does make power, then if it doesn't they'll work on the design to see if they can build something that makes power. I would stay away from this one. Looks like you're paying for the R&D Buddy. IMO they just built something that LOOKS High Perormance (by looking at the DE version). Did the DE version even make any power? Also wasn't this suppose to make 18HP Why would they have to wait for a customer's Dyno, then work on the design till it made power?

Last edited by red_magic2000; 03-01-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:56 PM
MDHRZ

Subscribed
Old 03-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job A.H.!!
Old 03-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

interested in the results!
Old 03-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Revshift

Originally Posted by red_magic2000
WOW this sounds so shady!!! So they're selling a part that hasn't even been tested? Sounds like they just made something up quick, are going to sell it to someone to see if it does make power, then if it doesn't they'll work on the design to see if they can build something that makes power. I would stay away from this one. Looks like you're paying for the R&D Buddy. IMO they just built something that LOOKS High Perormance (by looking at the DE version). Did the DE version even make any power? Also wasn't this suppose to make 18HP Why would they have to wait for a customer's Dyno, then work on the design till it made power?
i have a feeling this is going to be explained over and over again. if you read the entire thread then you will understand.
the initial testing showed an 18 peak hp gain but we were not happy with the way the testing was conducted. the car that was used was also modified which effected the test results because we were told it was stock at the time. the details of our agreement will not be disclosed for privacy reasons but i can assure you that we are not taking advantage of A.H.
The HR manifold DOES NOT look like the DE manifold. The pictures of the HR manifold have not been released yet due to legal reasons. I am sure most of you understand that any company that comes out with a new product does not and can not just toss it onto the shelves before completing certain legal procedures and proper business practices.
We have no intentions of scamming anyone and we would like to be known as a 100% credible company. this is the reason why we accepted A.H's offer to test the manifold. we are also located in Michigan and currently it is 10 degrees and very dry here, dyno results will be quite different in our conditions opposed to weather conditions in California. we want to be able to present unbiased results so that everyone can see honest real life information.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Good stuff Revshift!
Old 03-01-2009, 10:03 PM
JZK

Arsh go to a dynojet :]
Old 03-01-2009, 10:06 PM
A.H

Originally Posted by Smackin

Hey A.H i would throw in a couple of bucks to the dyno/q.a fund!
You have done alot for us. Your the reason why bought my CAI and getting ready to buy stillen headers.
Thx a lot bro. Anything is appreciated, and as you already know I'm glad to help the community when I can
Originally Posted by Peak350
Well, aluminum weighs less, but I was also thinking to a less degree, given that the engine block and cylinder heads are both aluminum, if you were trying to justify Stainless for a lower thermal expansion rate, that theory gets busted as well. Aluminum should take boosting stress fine, frankly its probably just a matter of looks

Edit - although Aluminum is more thermally (and electrically) conductive, I doubt there is a significant difference for the application we are talking here.
I don't think the weight difference is going to be significant to make a difference. That along with better cooling and looks makes me rather have the SS. This part is also a cosmetic mod, so I want to polish it up real nice

Originally Posted by kyle22
How much does it usually cost to dyno, retune and dyno again?
@ Technosquare dynos are $100, but Tadashi does it for me for $75(for initial dynos then $75 for after dynos). And a retune is $150. So a total of $300 for everything and Tadashi said he'd throw in install for free as it's suppose to take 20 min to do. However, I'm going to try and get him to lower the price since it woudl benefit him to know how to tune for this product when people do the mail in flash with Technosquare.

I spoke with Tadashi and he is very excited as well to do the dyno testing as he believes there is room for improvement on the stock engine but how much is what we are going to find out

Originally Posted by FastZ33
cant wait
thanks AH
No problem, glad to do it

WOW this sounds so shady!!! So they're selling a part that hasn't even been tested? Sounds like they just made something up quick, are going to sell it to someone to see if it does make power, then if it doesn't they'll work on the design to see if they can build something that makes power.
These have been in development for well over a year, so no it was not developed in 3 days to make a quick sale. And these are not for sale, you can not buy them until testing results are in. Dyno conditions were not ideal at the time of John's testing and he told me the dyno he used wasn't calibrated correctly and he just wants some honest results.
I would stay away from this one. Looks like you're paying for the R&D Buddy. IMO they just built something that LOOKS High Performance (by looking at the DE version). Did the DE version even make any power? Also wasn't this suppose to make 18HP Why would they have to wait for a customer's Dyno, then work on the design till it made power?
And I'm sorry you don’t' like how I spend my money And let me break this down to you because it sounds "shady".

Revshift wants to be known as having honest claims for HP gains unlike other manufacturers. Would you rather be fed bs and hope they aren't lying or would you rather have a trusted forum member, who has done dynos for the community before(both positive and negative), do the testing along with the help of a very respected Tuner(Tadashi) to give results that are unbiased and basically say exactly what the product will do. The choice is yours. If you want to wait and get inflated numbers such as manufactures did with every short ram intake and UR did with their crank pulley then be my guest. But both Revshift and I(duh) want to give accurate information to everyone. I live @ sea level and am going to do testing on a day with between 60-80 degree weather on Tadashi's tuner dyno. These conditions are not available to Revshift in Michigan right now so that is another reason I am helping them out. And if I was being taken advantage of, why would I agree to it
Old 03-01-2009, 11:10 PM
FastZ33

HEY AH
random question
y did u get auto?
Old 03-02-2009, 12:29 AM
A.H

Originally Posted by FastZ33
HEY AH
random question
y did u get auto?
I hit my head when I was young

j/k I really regret auto especailly after driving my buddies stick cars' recently and missing it but I guess I got it because of the traffic I sit through and I just thought I woudl be in traffic more than open road so I thought it was the better choice. Stick for my next car for sure though
Old 03-02-2009, 02:20 AM
350Z maniac

Originally Posted by A.H
Hey guys, I got some really good news that I'm really really excited about!!! Ok....big breath....pause..... I just recently bought the Revshift Intake Manifold in Stainless Steel!!! I'm so excited, Idk where to start. Well first off, John@Revshift is a truly awsome guy. He would answer my calls and emails @ 4 am his time....that's just fukin cool lol.

He informed me that he will be cutting out the aluminum option and lowering the SS version from $800 to $700, which is good

I know there are not even any pics/dyno's but I can't wait....I'm such a child Other than their test manifold, they only have the materials to build one more at this time and I talked him into selling it to me He told me they are actually waiting on a couple more supplies and once they get them they will fab it up and send it out to me.

And I know what you guys are thinking.....thank god A.H bought it and is taking the bullet but when will we see dynos?? I have made an agreement with Revshift to do some dyno testing but I'm really broke right now lol. I spent almost everythign I had left on this part. I still need to install my BBK and I need to pay to detail my car for HIN.

However, I want to help everyone out by testing it out so they do not buy somethign that makes absolutely no power(like the retarded UR crank pulley) I love helping out fellow HR owners and this is another opportunity. I will eventually do it, it's just that idk when I can afford it. It's not being able to just afford dynos but I also want to retune my car that same day so I gotta save up for everything.

My plans are to go to Tadashi, do a couple dynos, install the part, then redyno, then retune the whole car, and get the before and after dyno results and another dyno with all 3 lines overlapped. And if anyone wants to donate to the A.H Dyno fund I'm all ears

The agreement with Revshift states that I must present the dyno results to them before posting it for everyone to see because they are trying to make it very clear that if the manifold doesnt produce pleasing results then they will be modifying the design until it does what it is supposed to do. so this is not a one shot deal, but there will eventually be an awsome HR manifold available from Revshift either very soon or a little bit later(i'm hoping sooner haha).

I will of course get some nice high resolution pics when I get the part in I'm so exited my hands are shaking while writing this lol. Wish me luck
you da Man A.H
Old 03-02-2009, 03:09 AM
Gilles1961

Originally Posted by midz350
Welcome to the forum.
Thanks

Originally Posted by Ataru074
come va nel vecchio continente?
Tutto Bene!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:45 AM
BenchTT

Thx again for doing this AH. I only wish your car didn't have every single breathing mod available. I hope Rev will have a dyno of a 100% stock hr to post when the part is finalized. Either way, this seems to be a great bang for the buck mod that anyone can diy as opposed to the headers which are expensive + install and if you go FI you lose the total investment.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:54 AM
biggersNISMO

They should call you "Jesus" A.H.

I think its awesome how you throw yourself in the water for all of us on the forum. It's very appreciated by all of us i'm sure. I hope everything goes well.

I'm very excited, and am very glad RevShift is being really professional and honest about their products. It's not everyday you see this option in companies.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:59 AM
kyle22

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You are my Hero A.H. we should set up a fund for you for all the things you have done for the community. i am willing to send some cash.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:19 AM
Smackin

Just sent you some money for the dyno fund A.H, thanks again for all of your work!

I encourage everyone to send a couple of bucks to A.H for his help.
Hell Id rather give A.H a couple of bucks then give it to one of the million bums that live in the California area!

Thanks again! Cant wait to see the results!

Quick Reply: NEW Intake Manifold for VQ35HR!!