Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

jeremy tibbs where are you for us hr guys?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by [MD]3FiFtY
Hmm...How long do you think it would take to develop a single kit for the HR? Hopefully this is where you say, "Surprise, already done" lol. At least you guys are willing to do one so that's a plus.
Yeah we would be willing to do it. Give me a call at the shop and we can get you a quote.

JT
Old 04-30-2009, 08:41 PM
kramykram

see jeremy developing the kits would be great. but the problem is support. i live in mississippi. i wouldn't mind dropping my car off and flying back and flying back to pick it up. but aam doesn't exactly have a good run on these forums. i wish you guys were more local. i want to know if i get in my car and try to drive home that i will make it home.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:11 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

After being here for over 4 months now, i have heard it all. I have heard stories from every aspect. I feel like part of the problem is that Mike really never wanted to get in the middle of drama so he never defended himself. I am not saying that going back and forth on the internet with someone is the right thing to do BUT he didnt usually even say his side of the story. Time will tell and it will all fade away.

I chose this shop for a reason. It has incredible potential and the facility is amazing. We could easily ship your car up here and do a single turbo for you if you would like. Shipping would only be around 400-500 dollars for the most part. Then just fly up here to pick it up and drive back.

Give me a call if you are serious and we can make it happen.

Thanks!!
Old 05-01-2009, 05:22 AM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by kramykram
aam doesn't exactly have a good run on these forums.
Give them a chance and don't worry about what people say on here. It's only a select few who want to bring up negative issues that happened years ago. Look at some of the recent work AAM has done if you want proof of the quality work they do. I know a few people who go to AAM and receive exceptional service. AAM actively participates on these boards and responds to email/PM the same day. Can't say the same for other shops. I could keep going and share my experiences about another shop but my posts always get deleted when I do. Give it a little more time and you'll see AAM as the TOP shop on the east coast.

Last edited by MDHRZ; 05-01-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:24 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

I think that Jeremy and* AAM chose well when pulling the trigger to collaborate. While maybe not up to par with some of the vendors here who shamelessly plug themselves and focus on marketing, with JT in the mix at AAM, the work will speak for itself (as it should). I think it's only fair to extend the courtesy and respect to Jeremy/AAM now, and to give AAM a "second chance" at the whole customer service thing -- which seemed to be their weak point prior to Jeremy's involvement there. Anyone who is familiar with JT's work and customer service can imagine that AAM's market position in this industry can only elevate now..

Darren
Old 05-01-2009, 11:08 PM
kramykram

The problem really isn't not wanting to take a chance. It's the distance should something happen. Im fixing to sell my rental house so i'm looking at some kind of FI.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Peak350

http://oloablog.precision-sport.com/

One of the first applications of the HKS blower, I was waiting on this to be somewhat public to post any info on it. The car its on isn't a particularly low mileage (fresh) motor, so they didn't run tons of boost, but the blower is capable of more boost than any of the rotrex's. As a second advantage it can be rebuilt in the US which is a nice perk.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Aced16

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
I think that Jeremy and* AAM chose well when pulling the trigger to collaborate. While maybe not up to par with some of the vendors here who shamelessly plug themselves and focus on marketing, with JT in the mix at AAM, the work will speak for itself (as it should). I think it's only fair to extend the courtesy and respect to Jeremy/AAM now, and to give AAM a "second chance" at the whole customer service thing -- which seemed to be their weak point prior to Jeremy's involvement there. Anyone who is familiar with JT's work and customer service can imagine that AAM's market position in this industry can only elevate now..

Darren
+ 1000! coming from a customer perspective, JT always makes things right and goes the extra mile!
Old 05-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Kramy you asked and youve got him.. Now were just waiting on u to send the car to him..
Old 05-02-2009, 10:00 PM
kramykram

lol im gonna call monday and see what im looking at. my house will be on the market next week sometime. my renters say they would like to buy it. so if they come up with the 55k its theres
Old 05-03-2009, 10:20 AM
Lakeside

+1 I would like to see an installed SC AAM kit. Curious about how much we're talking here?!
Old 05-03-2009, 12:40 PM
baspence

I'd see atleast 8k but I'd love to see the results! I love supercharged z's and would love to get it myself but I can't give up my DD for the test car.

edit... what I really want though is a big single with a single exit exhaust! Mmmm....

Last edited by baspence; 05-03-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:45 PM
baspence

also, I've had nothin but good experience at AAM (except getting my test pipes but soon as I drove down there Clint hooked me up in about 5 min)... I was thinkin about comin back overthere to get a retune. nothing is wrong with mine but I don't get why some people are well over 300whp and I'm stuck mid 280's with same mods except for the headers. might be a big dyno or weather difference, who knows.

ps, over 15k miles on my car since the reflash.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:14 PM
ekelly36

The SC vs Turbo debait will always be heated. It depends on how you drive also, and what your goals are for your car. A Drag SC setup all Cog system with a nice sized blower will destroy a TT. But then you are looking at a lot more money. There is always something faster no matter if you are turbo or SC. Personally I like the SC because to me it sounds better. Cant beat the sound of a jet engine . Also there way less heat created then a Turbo. Usually Superchargers are a lot easier to install and maintain, and lets not forget much cheaper. With a supercharger if something goes wrong you can take the belt off and run it NA. I personally wouldnt want to worry about having to pay someone to pull a bad turbo and replace it. With a supercharger everything is right up front and easy to work on. Turbo's are getting better. They are leagues better then a few years ago but they still cant touch the reliability or the userfriendly nature of the SC setup. Maybe one day someone will come out with a kit thats as easy to install as a SC kit, until then ill probably stay SC in any FI that I do. That or Remote mounting the turbo. Anywhere I can access my equipment easy will be the path that I take.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:00 AM
kramykram

I think im going to hold off for a bit with the fi. im going to drop a 3.7l in my z. i see no reason it should not fit. all i will need is a tune.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:55 AM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by kramykram
I think im going to hold off for a bit with the fi. im going to drop a 3.7l in my z. i see no reason it should not fit. all i will need is a tune.
You'll prob spend the same amount doing that.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:49 AM
warmmilk

Originally Posted by Peak350
http://oloablog.precision-sport.com/

One of the first applications of the HKS blower, I was waiting on this to be somewhat public to post any info on it. The car its on isn't a particularly low mileage (fresh) motor, so they didn't run tons of boost, but the blower is capable of more boost than any of the rotrex's. As a second advantage it can be rebuilt in the US which is a nice perk.
is there a dyno chart anywhere?
Old 05-05-2009, 09:20 AM
warmmilk

Originally Posted by ekelly36
The SC vs Turbo debait will always be heated. It depends on how you drive also, and what your goals are for your car. A Drag SC setup all Cog system with a nice sized blower will destroy a TT. But then you are looking at a lot more money. There is always something faster no matter if you are turbo or SC. Personally I like the SC because to me it sounds better. Cant beat the sound of a jet engine . Also there way less heat created then a Turbo. Usually Superchargers are a lot easier to install and maintain, and lets not forget much cheaper. With a supercharger if something goes wrong you can take the belt off and run it NA. I personally wouldnt want to worry about having to pay someone to pull a bad turbo and replace it. With a supercharger everything is right up front and easy to work on. Turbo's are getting better. They are leagues better then a few years ago but they still cant touch the reliability or the userfriendly nature of the SC setup. Maybe one day someone will come out with a kit thats as easy to install as a SC kit, until then ill probably stay SC in any FI that I do. That or Remote mounting the turbo. Anywhere I can access my equipment easy will be the path that I take.
i can't help but dissagree with that statement. turbo's are better for all out power, and therefore dragracing, especially on a z...
Old 05-05-2009, 11:21 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by warmmilk
i can't help but dissagree with that statement. turbo's are better for all out power, and therefore dragracing, especially on a z...

lol +1....even with the setup he talked about a turbo setup would put ~80 more lbs of tq
Old 05-05-2009, 01:38 PM
kramykram

Originally Posted by [MD]3FiFtY
You'll prob spend the same amount doing that.
4k on a motor and maybe 550 for a 370 tune. idk seems cheaper to me.

Quick Reply: jeremy tibbs where are you for us hr guys?