Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Fire_4_Effect

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
FAIL.........
what a clown

Originally Posted by jgregory124
Why because you want to go TT and I dont? Dont be a loser, if you have nothing productive please go else where help others non-productively. Thank you
nicely stated; tactful yet mean! i am also considering going with a blower; instance boost! if you don't believe me, ask my cobra!
Old 10-14-2009, 12:09 PM
warmmilk

Originally Posted by str8dum1
the stillen kit for the DE made little power bc the compressor they used was way too small!!

If they used a M90, then you'd make alot of power. you just need a hood scoop to fit.
yes i know, jackson racing uses the same MP62 unit for its 4 banger applications, way to small for a 3.5L V6
Old 10-14-2009, 03:15 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

i don't know if that comment was sarcastic or not about the instant boost.. i already proved that TT Kits like JWT and Greddy where making more power every single RPM over all the SC Kits at the same boost with almost double the TQ .. this isn't a single turbo supra with a big turbo seeing full boost at 6500 RPMS
Old 10-14-2009, 03:27 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

^^ +1

of the power enterprise kit too.. i think thats one of the fastest spool wise and with the small turbo of the jwt or greddy kit talking about lag is ridiculus....
Its pretty instant with a real torque bump.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Fire_4_Effect

Originally Posted by doug
i don't know if that comment was sarcastic or not about the instant boost.. i already proved that TT Kits like JWT and Greddy where making more power every single RPM over all the SC Kits at the same boost with almost double the TQ .. this isn't a single turbo supra with a big turbo seeing full boost at 6500 RPMS
i would agree, however, the basic rule is that blowers (superchargers) boost quicker than turbos. i am not referring to "power" i was referring to boost... in your statement, "TT kits making more power every single RPM over all the SC kits at the same boost", does not conclude my statement of "instance boost." the term "all SC kits" is not fact but merely an opinion. the key word is, same boost, alot of factors would have to come in play for this statement to be completely true. this "opinion" can not be concluded, it will depend on determinates involved.

Last edited by Fire_4_Effect; 10-14-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:03 AM
doug

Originally Posted by Fire_4_Effect
i would agree, however, the basic rule is that blowers (superchargers) boost quicker than turbos. i am not referring to "power" i was referring to boost... in your statement, "TT kits making more power every single RPM over all the SC kits at the same boost", does not conclude my statement of "instance boost." the term "all SC kits" is not fact but merely an opinion. the key word is, same boost, alot of factors would have to come in play for this statement to be completely true. this "opinion" can not be concluded, it will depend on determinates involved.
so arn't we boosting for power? if the JWT Kit is hitting full boost at 2600 rpms and has more power across the whole RPM range than any SuperCharger.. does your statement really matter? oh BTW.. the general rule of thumb doesn't really apply here when the results discussed are on the car in question..
Old 10-16-2009, 06:40 AM
Fire_4_Effect

so arn't we boosting for power? if the JWT Kit is hitting full boost at 2600 rpms and has more power across the whole RPM range than any SuperCharger.. does your statement really matter? oh BTW.. the general rule of thumb doesn't really apply here when the results discussed are on the car in question..
sorry to bust your bubble... if you "think" that you have "proved" something then good for you. i am not for or against the differences between the two systems, i am just stating that "instance" and "lag" do exist... you might want to double check... google it. like i stated before, this is strictly "opinions of the matter" between owners. your statement of the JWT system is merely what you believe is true and what you have read... coming from a marketing major, i see it as placing a product in a competitive market. IMO... have fun!
Old 10-16-2009, 10:47 AM
kakashishin

What results? Did stillen make a supercharger and I was in a coma? Stillen hasn't even started on this IMO. Lets just wait and see before we start saying how much a system sucks before it comes out for the engine. GTM is currently working on one for the 370 then they are gonna try to modify that one for the VQ35HR. I'm pretty excited about it and I know there are gonna be some good gains. No one is here saying that supercharger make more power than turbochargers. The only thing that was really stated was there are differences and each application is good for whatever build purpose the owner wants.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:57 AM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

A silly question: will it be twin superchargers?
Old 10-16-2009, 01:05 PM
doug

Originally Posted by Fire_4_Effect
sorry to bust your bubble... if you "think" that you have "proved" something then good for you. i am not for or against the differences between the two systems, i am just stating that "instance" and "lag" do exist... you might want to double check... google it. like i stated before, this is strictly "opinions of the matter" between owners. your statement of the JWT system is merely what you believe is true and what you have read... coming from a marketing major, i see it as placing a product in a competitive market. IMO... have fun!
i don't know what more there is to say.. i already told you its a proven fact with 350z's that the Twin Turbo Kits spool faster have more power across the RPM range than the SuperCharger Kits.. why are you even arguing with me?
Old 10-16-2009, 05:28 PM
MDHRZ

doug - 3
Fire_4_Effect - 0
Old 10-17-2009, 04:13 AM
kakashishin

Originally Posted by midz350
A silly question: will it be twin superchargers?
Check it out......

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...velopment.html

If we are going to go on the results of different engines and the way superchargers affect them then check this one out. They are still working on it though but they think they can pull almost 500 whp out of the stage one kit.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:04 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

500whp?...what torque? kinda weaksauce for what it will cost i am sure...id look at their tt kits instead

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 10-17-2009 at 05:07 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:21 AM
midz350

Originally Posted by kakashishin
Check it out......

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...velopment.html

If we are going to go on the results of different engines and the way superchargers affect them then check this one out. They are still working on it though but they think they can pull almost 500 whp out of the stage one kit.
Name:  P1080815.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  110.9 KB

From this pic you can see that you have to take the engine out to install this kit and that mean more $$$ to spend, so that thing cost will be around the TT kit price.

Just get the GTM TT KIT and be done with it

Last edited by midz350; 10-17-2009 at 05:23 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:46 AM
Lakeside

To each their own. If GTM can pull 500 whp out of a Stage 1 supercharger thats awesome. If the engine has to come out no biggie! Should upgrade the clutch and flywheel at the sametime anyways.

Not everyone is a follower.... Everyone will have a GTM TT kit.... LAME! Its good to see some independent thinking. If a GTM supercharger comes out I may take that route. I will not be boosting my car till winter of 2010-2011 I am in no hurry. See what options are available then.

Thier dollar = their choice! Stop bitching. Some of you sound like your on the Rag.

Zim

Last edited by Lakeside; 10-17-2009 at 05:52 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:46 AM
doug

Originally Posted by Lakeside
To each their own. If GTM can pull 500 whp out of a Stage 1 supercharger thats awesome. If the engine has to come out no biggie! Should upgrade the clutch and flywheel at the sametime anyways.

Not everyone is a follower.... Everyone will have a GTM TT kit.... LAME! Its good to see some independent thinking. If a GTM supercharger comes out I may take that route. I will not be boosting my car till winter of 2010-2011 I am in no hurry. See what options are available then.

Thier dollar = their choice! Stop bitching. Some of you sound like your on the Rag.

Zim
being apart of the maxima world i was exposed to SuperChargers before TurboChargers.. and when introduced to TurboChargers i learned that even if they both made the same HP.. the TQ would be at least half the amount of a Turbo and when it came down to a race.. the Turbo Car would pull away every single time..

For me i always thought it was a performance thing, but then i understand that alot of you SuperCharger Lovers just like the sound.. and thats fine.. to eaches own.. i supose you want some performance with the sound a SuperCharger gives.. Personally some SuperChargers sound annoying to me and i prefer the sound of a Turbo spooling with the BOV at after the pressure is released.. but to eaches own.. I guess its not always about performance and i can respect that
Old 10-17-2009, 09:38 AM
biggersNISMO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by midz350

From this pic you can see that you have to take the engine out to install this kit and that mean more $$$ to spend, so that thing cost will be around the TT kit price.

Just get the GTM TT KIT and be done with it

"The Engine is out to make the R&D a little easier, But it would not be a requirement to preform the install.

Even our turbo kit installation does not require pulling the engine out of the car. I know that our price will be inline and competitive, It is really hard right now to give any accurate information but if i have to give an educated guess, i think we are going to be between 5500 to 6500 depending on what stage we are talking about"

Those are direct quotes from Sam from GTM. The quotes are on another forum, so i can't post the link.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:05 PM
midz350

I just hate superchargers
Old 10-17-2009, 01:07 PM
biggersNISMO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ yeah bro, to each their own. it's about personal preference.

hey, if the S/C comes out, thats just another option, right? And i'm sure EVERYONE will agree that options are always good.

GTM will come out with a great product, and i wish them the best of luck!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:51 AM
Fire_4_Effect

i don't know what more there is to say.. i already told you its a proven fact with 350z's that the Twin Turbo Kits spool faster have more power across the RPM range than the SuperCharger Kits.. why are you even arguing with me?
no one is arguing... strictly opinions

Quick Reply: Stillen Super Charger for the HR?