Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ
View Poll Results: Your guess on actual WHP from this build?
550-650 WHP
18.18%
650-750 WHP
18.18%
750-850 WHP
20.45%
850-950 WHP
20.45%
950-1050 WHP
5.68%
1050-1150+ WHP
17.05%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Projected HP output for Gamer's HR build!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 03:35 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arsey51
D Sport Mag, May issue I believe had a Zee with similar build that hit 769. I can understand building a motor with that kind of power if its a track/strip race vehicle, but for the street or daily driver, what does one do with all them horsies, besides burn up rear tires?
we are only hitting the big number on time then turning it down. It's oo much for time attack and time trials
Old 06-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SO what made you decide on your choice of brakes and coilovers??
Old 06-15-2010, 03:40 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

Originally Posted by Lakeside
lmao! D'oh

Anyhoo I was hoping to set this person straight and see if he had the Ballz to provide his Dyno results in this thread. Also, to protect against rediculous dyno corrections to provide 2-3 differant dyno sheets. Time to return to earth buddy.

Zim
dyno sheets will be posted. Of course I see you have nothing better to do in your life than spend it on the net. Come and get some!
Old 06-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Barnabas

What rims and tires do you plan on running??
Old 06-15-2010, 03:42 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
Cause I didn't like him.....
You don't like me cause I ****ed your mom
Old 06-15-2010, 03:45 PM
uglyduc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gamer, you're back and already going for another ban. Stick around awhile, I want to see some of your results!

Best proof is through action, not words.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:49 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

Originally Posted by Barnabas
really?? Have you done any research at all?? You think that your teins and Greddy BBK with your built block are gonna set records??

Good luck with that.
first off let's not forget, greddy is one of my sponors therefore we run there stuff. Second do you know how their brakes do on the track? Got some experience with them? No? Shut you poop hole!

Next, you all wanted to know why iru Tien SRC's? Well maybe you can challenge Shaif's thoughts on that since that was his recommendation.

Everyone thinks they know what they are talking about yet don't have **** for experience. You know what that means? It means you are ignorant!
Old 06-15-2010, 03:51 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

in for pics

new pics
Old 06-15-2010, 03:51 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

What rims and tires do you plan on running??
SSR type F's, tires are still pending. I have a set of AD08's on the car now in the event I run streettire class at redline.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Barnabas

Why do you assume everyone has no experience??

I asked about the greddy brakes because there is extremely limited pads available for that application which doesnt seem an optimal choice for a track car different compounds will be needed for optimal results.

And on the coilovers I would actually actually like Sharif to chime in on why he would recommend that coilover for a track only application for a car setting out to break time attack records.
I would think a higher end coilover would be a much better choice,
or why not run 3-4 way moton, penski, or JRZ shocks...?? Then custom spring rates to match up with them??

Hats off too you if you accomplish your goals and are good on the track but with the specs of your build your claims to go out and set records seems quite ludicrous.

Last edited by Barnabas; 06-15-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:06 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

You are going to run this in street tire class . I wouldn't want spring rates that stiff for a 140+ treadwear car. NO chance of planting any significant (600+whp) on street tires in an efficient manor. S2k's get away with it to a certain degree simply due to low weight. Your car will not be light.

You don't like me cause I ****ed your mom
Stay classy .
Old 06-15-2010, 04:15 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

Why do you assume everyone has no experience??

I asked about the greddy brakes because there is extremely limited pads available for that application which doesnt seem an optimal choice for a track car different compounds will be needed for optimal results.

And on the coilovers I would actually actually like Sharif to chime in on why he would recommend that coilover for a track only application for a car setting out to break time attack records.
I would think a higher end coilover would be a much better choice,
or why not run 3-4 way moton, penski, or JRZ shocks...?? Then custom spring rates to match up with them??

Hats off too you if you accomplish your goals and are good on the track but with the specs of your build your claims to go out and set records seems quite ludicrous.
I guess the better questions is where did you see that I was out to break time attack records? The only "records" we are going after is HP on the VQ that isn't a straight drag car.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:18 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by GAMERMODZoCOM
I guess the better questions is where did you see that I was out to break time attack records? The only "records" we are going after is HP on the VQ that isn't a straight drag car.
WTF is the point of that?
Old 06-15-2010, 04:24 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

You are going to run this in street tire class . I wouldn't want spring rates that stiff for a 140+ treadwear car. NO chance of planting any significant (600+whp) on street tires in an efficient manor. S2k's get away with it to a certain degree simply due to low weight. Your car will not be light.

Stay classy .
We run 16kg springs all the way around. We will not know what works best for the car until we have it on the track with this power and weight reduction.

We are thinking about running street tire a couple times and make podium so we can get other sponsors, especially on tires.

When we go to modified we will use Hoosier R6's. I tested them out at Sebring Internation last year after we put the coilovers and Stoptech BBK on and they were incredible.

What everyone that seems to "think" they know what they are talking about needs to realize is that none of you have the experience or knowledge of this type of build nor does anyone on the VQ35HR motor so "HOW" can anyone come in here nay saying what it will or won't do? Even myself said we are shooting to break 1,200rwhp, not that we will, but that we are trying and are confident the motor can handle it.

Boost will probably be our limitation and we already made the decision that if it is, we will go with larger turbine wheels to match the larger compressor wheels we put in.

At the end of the day, it seems everyone likes to be an e-thug but while you all are doing that, I am actually doing something meaningful with my life.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Barnabas

What I do know is that "I" took a 1 of 1500 2008 NISMO's here in the U.S. and turned it in to a true race car with power that should hold the record for a long time. "I" will be racing this car in Redline Time Attack and NASA TT.
You are correct I misremembered what you had typed and thought you ment you would hold track records.

So what is the point of building the motor to be the highest HP non dedicated drag car to not use any of it??

I understand overbuilding for a higher threshold and reliability... but by 400-600hp buffer??
Old 06-15-2010, 04:25 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

WTF is the point of that?

Oh, you don't have any experience at being the 1st at anything so you wouldn't understand. Sorry I confused you.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Barnabas

We run 16kg springs all the way around. We will not know what works best for the car until we have it on the track with this power and weight reduction.

We are thinking about running street tire a couple times and make podium so we can get other sponsors, especially on tires.

When we go to modified we will use Hoosier R6's. I tested them out at Sebring Internation last year after we put the coilovers and Stoptech BBK on and they were incredible.

What everyone that seems to "think" they know what they are talking about needs to realize is that none of you have the experience or knowledge of this type of build nor does anyone on the VQ35HR motor so "HOW" can anyone come in here nay saying what it will or won't do? Even myself said we are shooting to break 1,200rwhp, not that we will, but that we are trying and are confident the motor can handle it.

Boost will probably be our limitation and we already made the decision that if it is, we will go with larger turbine wheels to match the larger compressor wheels we put in.

At the end of the day, it seems everyone likes to be an e-thug but while you all are doing that, I am actually doing something meaningful with my life.
If you are tuning it back wont that limit your effective range and where you can pull optimal power, wouldnt you want the turbine wheels smaller soo you hold power through more RPMs and minimize lag.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:28 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

You are correct I misremembered what you had typed and thought you ment you would hold track records.

So what is the point of building the motor to be the highest HP non dedicated drag car to not use any of it??

I understand overbuilding for a higher threshold and reliability... but by 400-600hp buffer??

You are correct, we are building it bigger for reliability but due to the way we are building it, the only thing we spent "extra" to try and hit the big number was larger compressor wheels in the turbo's. All the other stuff we were doing anyway.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:29 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

If you are tuning it back wont that limit your effective range and where you can pull optimal power, wouldnt you want the turbine wheels smaller soo you hold power through more RPMs and minimize lag.
That's why we haven't changed the turbine wheels yet. We also will be using "anti-lag".
Old 06-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Barnabas

You are correct, we are building it bigger for reliability but due to the way we are building it, the only thing we spent "extra" to try and hit the big number was larger compressor wheels in the turbo's. All the other stuff we were doing anyway.
ill be looking for results

Plans to change aero on the car??

Quick Reply: Projected HP output for Gamer's HR build!