Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ
View Poll Results: Your guess on actual WHP from this build?
550-650 WHP
18.18%
650-750 WHP
18.18%
750-850 WHP
20.45%
850-950 WHP
20.45%
950-1050 WHP
5.68%
1050-1150+ WHP
17.05%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Projected HP output for Gamer's HR build!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What about pad choice?? do you forsee it as an issue???
Old 06-15-2010, 05:45 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

What track pads are available for the greddy's?

P.S. check my edit from before you posted....I covered his 350z.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:46 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Barnabas
When do you expect to have this up and running again??
We were hoping to have it done to take to an event S&R sponsors by Friday but that deadline doesn't look good due to Nissan dropping the ball on gaskets and late arrivals on other parts.

We will see though! I would guess if it doesn't get done by Friday, I would safely assume everything but the cage and seats will be done by mid next week.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GAMERMODZoCOM
We were hoping to have it done to take to an event S&R sponsors by Friday but that deadline doesn't look good due to Nissan dropping the ball on gaskets and late arrivals on other parts.

We will see though! I would guess if it doesn't get done by Friday, I would safely assume everything but the cage and seats will be done by mid next week.

Post some numbers and completed pictures!!
Old 06-15-2010, 05:49 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Horsepower will be the easy part of the build....I will stick to my guess of 900-950 maxed out.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:58 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
What track pads are available for the greddy's?

P.S. check my edit from before you posted....I covered his 350z.
We have to have Hawk make us pads. I think they use the same pads as the Rotora but not sure. If that is the case, I should have some decent options. I prefer Hawk's anyway and don't mind having them made. Hawk does it all the time and it's a reasonable cost last time I checked.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:04 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

It's just the convenience of having off the shelf pads really....my personal preference is Carbotech's, but I have DTC60's on the front now(track) and have no complaints.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:13 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

I don't understand why yall are bashing his wild claims

I wanna see it...

why did they build the veyron?

why not build what he wants?

Even though some of the parts are quesitonable since your going all out in other departments...

say parts should complement each other...

my .2 cents

Last edited by KingBaby; 06-15-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:15 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

It's just the convenience of having off the shelf pads really....my personal preference is Carbotech's, but I have DTC60's on the front now(track) and have no complaints.
I agree, but being that we are going to be competing a lot, it will be something we keep quite a few sets of with us and also on a checklist to re-order after every event if needed.

I have heard really, really good things about Carbotech and am still concidering calling them to get a set made to try out.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:17 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

I know a few of the 350 SCCA T2/3 guys and they all swear by xp16/14 combo. Problem for you will be getting enough heat in them in time attack format to realize utilize them. I am sure custom cutting of pads won't be a problem.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:24 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

I know a few of the 350 SCCA T2/3 guys and they all swear by xp16/14 combo. Problem for you will be getting enough heat in them in time attack format to realize utilize them. I am sure custom cutting of pads won't be a problem.
We were hoping to get enough test and tune time in before debuting it at Redline in August but it doesn't seem like we are going to get a whole lot of time.

I also am re-thinking Redline next season due to lack of East Coast events now. I remember the begining of the season they had 6 or so on the east coast (after a bunch of racers on this coast threw a fit) but it seems that didn't last and they cut it back down. We will see what the new year brings but we were building this to NASA TT spec (roll cage spec) in the event Redline didn't keep us occupied enough.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:49 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

You will be in TTU....tough class. Agreed on the east coast events. I planned on running NJMP, but had some things come up and couldn't make it.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:54 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

You will be in TTU....tough class. Agreed on the east coast events. I planned on running NJMP, but had some things come up and couldn't make it.
I haven't gone over the complete rule book but I think my class is based on my power to weight ratio. Since we don't plan on running over around 650rwhp on the track, that should put us in a better/easier class that TTU, lol.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:59 PM
plumpzz

We were hoping to get enough test and tune time in before debuting it at Redline in August but it doesn't seem like we are going to get a whole lot of time.

I also am re-thinking Redline next season due to lack of East Coast events now. I remember the begining of the season they had 6 or so on the east coast (after a bunch of racers on this coast threw a fit) but it seems that didn't last and they cut it back down. We will see what the new year brings but we were building this to NASA TT spec (roll cage spec) in the event Redline didn't keep us occupied enough.
I'm currently using BP12/XP10 combo. I wish I had done XP16/12 combo. I will next time. Its louder but its much more predictable and durable.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:08 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Time Trial U (TTU) = “adjusted” wt/hp ratio equal to, or greater than, 5.50:1
Time Trial S (TTS) = “adjusted” wt/hp ratio equal to, or greater than, 8.70:1

Isn't the Nismo even stock already bumped into TTA?

*Adjusted is whp on a mustang dyno w/correction of 1.10.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:02 AM
Ataru074

Yet he ran Tien on the Forged 350Z Time Attack Car. lol

Real brakes? Again, do you have experience with the Greddy brakes to back the claim that they aren't "real" brakes? I rant Stoptech 6POT Front, 4POT rear with 355 rotors all around and the greddy's thus far seem to cool faster and have a stronger initial bite. May have something to do with a 385 rotor and 8pot front but I guess that's not good enough for racing right?

Until you have experience with Greddy brakes "yourself", keep your BS comments to yourself. I myself have had the stoptech's and the greddy's and guess what, I like the greddy's.
dude... greddy brakes are "tuner" brakes made in china... a lot of bling but no substance... when it comes to braking isn't a contest of who has more pistons or the bigger rotors... it's a contest about consistent stopping power, pad choice, reliability and ease of maintenance.
when it comes to your life and "racing", if money is not an object... go for forged monoblocks brakes like alcon, brembo or ap-racing...

and not "gran turismo" packages... they all have their own racing line.

stoptech, like wilwood have a racing background and experience on how to build reliable brakes....

you are talking/dreaming of over 1000whp... even if it is ONLY 750 or ONLY 600 you're going to accelerate so freaking fast than the energy you'll need to dissipate before any corner is going to be... remember.. E=1/2 m*v^2
... v^2 <----

braking from 120 mph or braking from 160 mph is quite different it's almost twice the energy to dissipate.

the only time you see greddy on a racing car is because they paid to put a sticker on it... than the team used the money to buy proper brakes.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:25 AM
GAMERMODZoCOM

Originally Posted by Ataru074
dude... greddy brakes are "tuner" brakes made in china... a lot of bling but no substance... when it comes to braking isn't a contest of who has more pistons or the bigger rotors... it's a contest about consistent stopping power, pad choice, reliability and ease of maintenance.
when it comes to your life and "racing", if money is not an object... go for forged monoblocks brakes like alcon, brembo or ap-racing...

and not "gran turismo" packages... they all have their own racing line.

stoptech, like wilwood have a racing background and experience on how to build reliable brakes....

you are talking/dreaming of over 1000whp... even if it is ONLY 750 or ONLY 600 you're going to accelerate so freaking fast than the energy you'll need to dissipate before any corner is going to be... remember.. E=1/2 m*v^2
... v^2 <----

braking from 120 mph or braking from 160 mph is quite different it's almost twice the energy to dissipate.

the only time you see greddy on a racing car is because they paid to put a sticker on it... than the team used the money to buy proper brakes.
It's raining poo again!

First off, if you have done any research, it seems to be the Greddy calipers are made by Rotora. Now on that note, do you have any idea how many people swap from AP-Racing to Rotora for track use? So how do you classify the Greddy brakes as "tuner" brakes. Maybe for other cars they make a more "tuner" brake but for the 350Z, not "tuner". Oh, and Rotora's are forged.

Next up, Brembo! Now, I have no issue with Brembo (They do make incredible brakes) and the first set of brakes we looked at WERE Brembo's. We felt, for our application, they didn't have a set that would be suffecient for us.

I have no opinion for Alcon as I have no experience with them. Wait, did you see that? See how I admit I have no opinion on them because I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH THEM?

Now, if for some reason we find the Greddy brakes not to be effecient, we will look at other options. This is part of test and tune days. Greddy understands that we must be competitive regardless of sponsorship (hence why we aren't running their suspension). I am confident they will perform very effeciently though. See, another opinion, not fact..

Now, you say I am "dreaming of over 1000hp". So do you have experience building a VQ to this spec? What about a VQ35HR? No? I didn't think so! So how can you, with confidence, say it won't happen or as you said "your dreaming"? Oh wait, you can't. Duchebag alert!

Any other inexperienced idiot want to "tell" me what will or will not happen? I only accept "statements" from experienced people that have looked over the list of what we have done. Everything else from everyone should be optinions.

I am not an ******* when people voice their "opinions" however when people with no experience try and state facts like Ataru074 here, I have to be an *******. Voice your opinion all you want but never state facts unless you know what you are talking about. Not once have I stated for a "fact" I will hit over 1,000. I have said "I am confident we will be over 1,000 but we are shooting for over 1,200". See how that works Ataru074? No facts!

Sorry Ataru074, you fail.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Ataru074

It's raining poo again!

First off, if you have done any research, it seems to be the Greddy calipers are made by Rotora. Now on that note, do you have any idea how many people swap from AP-Racing to Rotora for track use?

So how do you classify the Greddy brakes as "tuner" brakes. Maybe for other cars they make a more "tuner" brake but for the 350Z, not "tuner". Oh, and Rotora's are forged.

Next up, Brembo! Now, I have no issue with Brembo (They do make incredible brakes) and the first set of brakes we looked at WERE Brembo's. We felt, for our application, they didn't have a set that would be suffecient for us.

I have no opinion for Alcon as I have no experience with them. Wait, did you see that? See how I admit I have no opinion on them because I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH THEM?

Now, if for some reason we find the Greddy brakes not to be effecient, we will look at other options. This is part of test and tune days. Greddy understands that we must be competitive regardless of sponsorship (hence why we aren't running their suspension). I am confident they will perform very effeciently though. See, another opinion, not fact..

Now, you say I am "dreaming of over 1000hp". So do you have experience building a VQ to this spec? What about a VQ35HR? No? I didn't think so! So how can you, with confidence, say it won't happen or as you said "your dreaming"? Oh wait, you can't. Duchebag alert!

Any other inexperienced idiot want to "tell" me what will or will not happen? I only accept "statements" from experienced people that have looked over the list of what we have done. Everything else from everyone should be optinions.

I am not an ******* when people voice their "opinions" however when people with no experience try and state facts like Ataru074 here, I have to be an *******. Voice your opinion all you want but never state facts unless you know what you are talking about. Not once have I stated for a "fact" I will hit over 1,000. I have said "I am confident we will be over 1,000 but we are shooting for over 1,200". See how that works Ataru074? No facts!

Sorry Ataru074, you fail.
first of all I didn't called you names... so shove your douchebag where you probably like.

second, find me a proper race car that use ROTORA BRAKES instead of ap racing/brembo/alcon... please.. EDUCATE ME!

third, show me a VQ35HR with more than 1000whp that run any race, any racing series, any road course without blowing the engine every 10 hours of use...
again.. educate me.

fourth, please show me the brembo that weren't enough for "your application" and the reason why they weren't enough. because you're so educated in your decision making process I can just imagine that you have the heat dissipation numbers, the maximum thermal capacity before failure and so on...

fifth, again.. if rotora are so much better for RACING application why I'm not able to find any racing pads for those brakes but usually I can find any possible compound for the other brands?

so, please, educate me.
show to everybody that I don't know what I'm saying...

but no hearsay.. go ahead with spec sheets, tech information different from a shiny brochure.

please, do it...
don't hide like a p***y.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:12 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Ataru, it isn't worth wasting your breath. He is set on his ways, and won't listen to any advice.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:14 AM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Greddy also did 1049 on a 4.2 VQ35hr
Proof?

Quick Reply: Projected HP output for Gamer's HR build!