Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

GTM Performance Engineering 350Z HR SUPERCHARGER KIT PRESS RELEASE

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 11:29 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

That's crazy you'd think with all the 370Z kits they sold/selling, that'd be quick fix on their part...

In for resolve
Old 09-03-2012, 12:49 PM
1991ls13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM`d, been waiting a few days now for a response.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:56 PM
Mkai0

Originally Posted by 1991ls13
PM`d, been waiting a few days now for a response.
Were you able to resolve anything? Sometimes the best way to get in touch with GTM is to call them.

Last edited by Mkai0; 09-11-2012 at 12:05 AM. Reason: c
Old 09-27-2012, 07:11 PM
Jonnoh

was there an update on that BBB issue?

also, is that SC pipe really the lowest point on the car now or was that a fitment issue?
Old 04-20-2013, 09:42 AM
lanceccs

xxx

Last edited by lanceccs; 02-14-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Q8y_drifter

HRs and VHRs run relatively hot when it comes to coolant temps. I highly advise anyone with FI and/or track their car to install aftermarket radiators, adjust the fan duty cycle with Uprev fan control as well as install a slightly lower temp thermostat (My G35 HR's T-stat fully opens at 95C and fans START at 98C, that's too hot IMO). Other cooling mods like vented hood, aftermarket fans, etc. are also a good idea.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:59 AM
kloudak47

Every car is different with numerous variables, etc but FWIW here is what I logged via Cipher on my ride in to work today..

Idle - Coolant: 98 C or 208 F (sitting in the driveway after 10+ minutes of idling with it being ~55 F or 12 C outside)

Oil: 85 C or 185 F (again, its ~55F or 12 C outside/ambient)

City Drive: My work place is a couple blocks from the offramp so I don't have any decent data on this

Highway:
Coolant: 91 - 94 C or 195 - 201 F (50-60MPH semi-congested traffic on the 405, the faster it moves the better the air flow)

Oil: 91 - 92 C or 195 F to 197 F

As far as setup goes, stock engine, etc with GTM 1.5 SC kit. Replaced the OEM radiator with a CSF aluminum core one (#7022), stock fans strapped to it. I have a 19R engine oil cooler but it's not yet installed yet. Tranny has a 19R cooler with a pusher fan mounted on it but I don't toggle it until I see 195F+ on my ATF gauge.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:53 PM
ordinaryme

I'm ready with my install. Everything went fine ja quality usually was top notch. Allthought there was few negative things. And no it's not running yet.

Pros:
-Instructions
-Quality of brackets
-overall quality
-Turn-key osiris functions

Cons:
-Oil Adapter bolt was missing (had to custom made it)
-Cold air intake pipes were missing fittings for breather hose and bypass valve
-Car got code p0078. So i have to replace my valve solenoid. (fixed)
-Car didn't start after install. Maybe because solenoid/code we'll see. (fixed)
-Intercooler polishing wasn't too impressive

Last edited by ordinaryme; 08-18-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:15 PM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Don't dick with gtm

Originally Posted by Mkai0
Were you able to resolve anything? Sometimes the best way to get in touch with GTM is to call them.
I have taken flak in the past for my constant bashing of GTM but I don't care...hope I help someone along the way...

Yes, GTM is a hug RIPOFF! My threads are elsewhere, you can read them...Sam at GTM took my 26K for a long block/TT setup and after 1.5 yrs, he only had a shortblock finished....Got a lawyer, he gave me my **** and took the car elsewhere...In the 1 yr since then, I have lost/had stolen, over 5k in parts from GTM. Sam even built my stroker block w/o proper clearance and the engine wouldn't even turn over after it was installed by another shop....WHAT A COMPLETE A-HOLE. He had PAINTED items I asked to be ceramic coated thereby cheating out of more money..I had to recoat all the parts...He wouldn't retun my HR conversion cooling system to fit my DE and when the other shop asked for it, he replied "why should I help him"? CAUSE IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO MF'R!!! Never did get those parts (900) and new shop had to remake them....headlight ballast and wiring was missing, c,losed dumps for waste gates were missing starter was missing etc etc....

Don't believe the hype and BS Sam puts out....I continue to bash his azz cause I have no way of collecting my lost money/parts...(attorney wanted 5k just to begin looking in to it)...

So, this is how I extract my freaking pound of flesh sam Coksukr Zawahara...U f'd me over so until the day I die I will CONTINUE TO bash ur azz everytime I get the chance......

U need some lead n ur diet but I ain't goin' that far...

STAY AWAY FROM GTM FOLKS...LEARN A LESSON FROM ME!!
Old 11-25-2013, 10:07 AM
SpunoutZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't say their a ripp off cause I don't have a personal experience but my buddy who is a good friend tried to talk with them personally cause he was in the area. He has a s/c kit from them and wanted some dyno time and a estimate on some parts. They blew him off and they have a typical if your not spending top dollar they don't want nothing to do with you attitude. Typical trend of bad shops. I trust my friends word and his experience. Also a local shop we go thru doesn't like to deal with them cause they've had struggle to get stuff from them and don't want to look bad for their customers. The GTM S/C is a great kit but getting it might be a struggle.
Old 12-25-2013, 06:08 PM
Mkai0

Sorry to hear about your experience man. Karma is bxxtch though.

Originally Posted by ogiehooker
I have taken flak in the past for my constant bashing of GTM but I don't care...hope I help someone along the way...

Yes, GTM is a hug RIPOFF! My threads are elsewhere, you can read them...Sam at GTM took my 26K for a long block/TT setup and after 1.5 yrs, he only had a shortblock finished....Got a lawyer, he gave me my **** and took the car elsewhere...In the 1 yr since then, I have lost/had stolen, over 5k in parts from GTM. Sam even built my stroker block w/o proper clearance and the engine wouldn't even turn over after it was installed by another shop....WHAT A COMPLETE A-HOLE. He had PAINTED items I asked to be ceramic coated thereby cheating out of more money..I had to recoat all the parts...He wouldn't retun my HR conversion cooling system to fit my DE and when the other shop asked for it, he replied "why should I help him"? CAUSE IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO MF'R!!! Never did get those parts (900) and new shop had to remake them....headlight ballast and wiring was missing, c,losed dumps for waste gates were missing starter was missing etc etc....

Don't believe the hype and BS Sam puts out....I continue to bash his azz cause I have no way of collecting my lost money/parts...(attorney wanted 5k just to begin looking in to it)...

So, this is how I extract my freaking pound of flesh sam Coksukr Zawahara...U f'd me over so until the day I die I will CONTINUE TO bash ur azz everytime I get the chance......

U need some lead n ur diet but I ain't goin' that far...

STAY AWAY FROM GTM FOLKS...LEARN A LESSON FROM ME!!