Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Need info to made a decision to finish my exhaust on my HR

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 08:54 AM
Naturalbu

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Need info to made a decision to finish my exhaust on my HR

i currently have ART pipes and a Motordyne Y-Pipe w/straight pipe installed on the car with the HR stock resinator and muffler.

Just a quick note, if you haven’t installed test pipes on your car yet, read up on those (2) demon bolts that hold your stock cats to your headers. They are a pain in the $&@ to take out. I had to cut them off with a Dremel an a lot of patience.

Anyways I love the performance an sound of the car now, this is currently without a Uprev tune. Before I get my tune I wanted to upgrade to a S-tune Nismo piping, muffler, and resonator. But waiting months for a use one to pop up in decent condition or dishing out $850 not including shipping for a new one of Z1 really worth it????

Here are my options:

- Screw it, get the Nismo S-Tune from Z1
- Have a muffler shop install 3in piping and keep the stock HR resonator and muffler, probably half the cost or less from my top option.
- Just get my Uprev tune with my stock exhaust because is the Nismo S-tune really a huge difference over the HR on performance (HP) and sound on the back end of the exhaust.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:46 AM
A-Town-Z

I would pull the trigger on the S-Tune. It's a beautiful sounding exhaust. Having a muffler shop fab 3" piping yet keep the 2.5" piping of the factory parts is a waste of money imo.. If you don't care about performance that much as NA mods aren't going to net you much HP increase anyway, just stick with what sounds good to you.

**If you're trying to squeeze every bit of power you can out of it NA, I would pick a different exhaust.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:48 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,046 Likes on 6,512 Posts

Originally Posted by A-Town-Z
I would pull the trigger on the S-Tune. It's a beautiful sounding exhaust. Having a muffler shop fab 3" piping yet keep the 2.5" piping of the factory parts is a waste of money imo.. If you don't care about performance that much as NA mods aren't going to net you much HP increase anyway, just stick with what sounds good to you.

**If you're trying to squeeze every bit of power you can out of it NA, I would pick a different exhaust.
or car altogether
Old 03-26-2018, 07:32 AM
Naturalbu

I was under the impression the ART pipes and Motordyne Y-pipe OD was 3in. I guess they are 2.5 as well. Well in that case. Since I’m happy with my current sound, might as well pickup the Standard Uprev tune