why can't the new z be a 380Z?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 03:20 AM
Greg06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TunerTrifecta
This thread is full of win.

Everyone abandon the failboat! We lost the paddles!! -_-''

Nissan Hachi... Hachi Roku is literally translated to 8-6(Eight Six), it's got nothing to do with it being a GT-S. If I remember right Japland never even had a "GT-S" designation, it was the Apex that hit across the pond.

in.the.dark is 100% correct. Lopping the turbos off of a car with a low compression ratio that was built for boost would be...foolish at best.

My favorite post in this thread. GM dropping the turbo regals was the worst and the best thing they ever did. I say worst because they are some bad *** cars, I should know, there's a 9.30's 87 GN sitting in my garage . Best, because it was known, and widely known, as the corvette killer. Not exactly what you think of when you think Buick, eh?

The LS1 camaro/firebird was one of the biggest mistakes GM ever made, IMO. They were full of fail. The reason the VQ's, and most import motors for that matter, don't respond well to "bolt-on" mods, is because most of their potential has already been wrung from them. Throw a set of headers on a big block chevy v8, instant 30whp. Do the same on an import and you're lucky to find 10-12whp, accompanied by an annoying rasp.

Blah, I'm done typing...it's bed time.

[/rant]
Talk about FAILBOAT
Is this just another ITD disciple? Or is this In.the.dark undercover?
Yes everyone.. This thread is full of win but still a Failboat? (When did kids start using these terms anyway ) no matter us older folks just take the IGNORE BOAT.

Pardon the early razz everyone about to go to work
Old 07-13-2008, 05:15 PM
vnarang

Originally Posted by in.the.dark
And that's my point. The VR is not the VQ. I've posted that before. If there were a 3.8 in the next Z, it wouldn't be VR based. Not only that, the VR is designed from the ground up with turbocharging in mind. If it wasn't, it would have a higher compression ration and various other things different that are specific to the VR engine BECAUSE it's turbocharged. Lopping off the turbos would be terrible.

Beyond that, I've already stated that the VR is not going to be put into high production numbers due to the cost that would add to meet the numbers that Nissan is hoping to sell the Z in.

The VR will not be in the new Z. While a 3.8L VQ would be far more plausible, it's unlikely. Anyone that asks why the VR won't be in it minus the turbos does not understand the market or the engine design principles behind why it's a terrible idea.
Yes you are correct. I do not understand the differences between the VR and the VQ. I just thought I'd ask it anyways.

Thanks.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:15 PM
in.the.dark

Originally Posted by vnarang
Yes you are correct. I do not understand the differences between the VR and the VQ. I just thought I'd ask it anyways.

Thanks.
Hey, its cool. You can't expect to understand if you don't ask. You exposed your lack of knowledge about a topic and I tried to reply in a non-complete-jackass kind of manner. It takes a lot to admit you don't know something on this forum. There are tons of people that will call names and try and make fun of you. Others, like Greg here, personify the kind of people that can keep a good community from forming.

For you, my friend, I'd suggest you check out any wiki to compare the two engines. If you want to get into engine theory, I can suggest some authors. Understanding how businesses make decisions with regards to markets comes from a combination of common sense application and business training and again, I can suggest some reading.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:35 PM
TunerTrifecta

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Greg06
Talk about FAILBOAT
Is this just another ITD disciple? Or is this In.the.dark undercover?
Yes everyone.. This thread is full of win but still a Failboat? (When did kids start using these terms anyway ) no matter us older folks just take the IGNORE BOAT.

Pardon the early razz everyone about to go to work
Yes, full of win (guess you can't see a bit of sarcasm eh?) and yes, a fail boat. Would you like to go on the parafailing tour as well?

No, actually I don't even know who the hell ITD is, as you can see I'm very rarely on these forums, I just started venturing over here when G35Driver started shitting on itself.

Us "kids" started using these terms when you old fogey's started boring us to death, so we amused ourselves by making our own words, knowing that your senile brain wouldn't be able to keep up.

Ignore boat? Jesus, this is why you all bore us to death. You try to take whatever is "cool" (or whatever word you'd like to use), and modify it, thusly failing. Go back to driving your cute little convertible and let the rest of us enjoy life, grandpa.

PS--
Others, like Greg here, personify the kind of people that can keep a good community from forming.
Amen to that.
I'm starting to like this ITD fellow already.

Last edited by TunerTrifecta; 07-14-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:33 AM
Greg06

Some kind member emailed me about ITD and friend. Both are on my ignore list so....

Sorry everyone I know dont feed the trolls but.. Last time I swear.

Not only was I here nearly a year longer than these B-Buddies. I never had people wanting to BAN me etc...

So? Im preventing a good forum from being formed eh?

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Wow, I can't believe how much ignorance In The Dark is causing on this forum and he hasn't been banned yet....

Another post acting like he knows it all.

https://my350z.com/forum/2009-370z/368976-v8-z-car-on-the-way-3.html
Originally Posted by zsport1
Yes. IN THE DARK seems to know more than the rest of us. Hence the name IN THE DARK.
in.the.dark is either in the dark cause he doesn't know what's really going on with Nissan and the new Z. Or because he thinks he does.....
Or, he plays with himself in.the.dark
Oh yes. This thread looks so much better now that IDT idiot is on my ignore list. I highly recommend it.
Originally Posted by 350z_racer05
arguing with ITD, is like arguing with a 6 year old, theres just no point. You would have a more intelligent conversation talking to a wall. and yes, it is a hell of alot better when he's on your ignore list
Originally Posted by 350z_racer05
your wisdom overwhelms me, or maybe your ignorance
no, in. the. dark says their dropping the naming system, so their dropping the naming system
Nuff said....
Old 07-15-2008, 07:09 AM
in.the.dark

Some kind member emailed me about ITD and friend. Both are on my ignore list so....

Not only was I here nearly a year longer than these B-Buddies. I never had people wanting to BAN me etc...

Nuff said....
I guess I should respond in some way even though there's no point since I'm on these guys' "i-list". But what the hell, I'll try and be as civil as I usually am (maybe a bit more so).

Anyone can tell by looking at the list of users in that response, how they reply and what they are replying to, that there are a handful of users that disagree with me and in the most childish manner (often misusing words like 'ignorance'). I'm not one to care too much what other people think. Troll on my friends... troll on.

Personally, I'd prefer on topic discussion, but Greg seems to have a crush on me as he can't help but mention me frequently even though he's put me on his ignore list.

Last edited by in.the.dark; 07-15-2008 at 07:13 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:48 AM
zsport1

Nuff said....
Ya, someone PM'ed me about ITD as well. Just put him on the I List and be done with it.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:07 AM
in.the.dark

Ya, someone PM'ed me about ITD as well. Just put him on the I List and be done with it.
That makes me curious. What the hell are people PMing these guys for?
Old 07-15-2008, 01:23 PM
TunerTrifecta

? Wow, Greg, you seem pretty immature. What part of I don't even know who ITD is, aside from the forum, didn't register in your brain? Is Alzheimer's kicking in already at only 37? What a *****.

I'm curious why people are PM'ing them, also...
Old 07-15-2008, 07:39 PM
kennedy

I withdrawal what I said being that I am to lazy to read all 4 pages..
Old 07-16-2008, 05:26 AM
Greg06

You too huh? I got some telling me that they I-listed him as well. Guess we arent the only ones.

Funny thing is we I-list em. So we cant see what they post. But then people also PM or email us about em. Got another email this morning regarding a retort to what I posted yesterday. Pretty funny...But nah Im done..

Thanks fellas I appreciate the headsup but lets not feed the trolls anymore. They had their 15 mins.

Back on topic
Old 07-16-2008, 06:37 AM
in.the.dark

So the point of this thread was to discuss why the 3.8 VR won't be in the Z. I think I've addressed that to the extent where there's not much to add. This thread just turned into another thread for the four guys that can't stand hearing what I have to say gabbing on about how great life with me on their ignore list is, and trolling by calling others trolls. I think this thread is over and frankly I'm tired of the 90210 bullsh*t, even if it didn't include me. It can't be enjoyable for any other members either. Lock anyone? That or just ban me already

Last edited by in.the.dark; 07-16-2008 at 06:45 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:29 AM
zsport1

This topic was done on the first page. The car will be a 370Z.

Last edited by zsport1; 07-16-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:43 AM
in.the.dark

This topic was done on the first page. The car will be a 370Z.
Well that's not fair. The original poster didn't know why the VR couldn't be put into the next Z. That has been answered. It's not against the rules to ask questions that may be obvious or less obvious to others. And those keeping track, yes I know that the original poster, 350z_racer05 is one of the guys that thinks I'm some kind of radical, but it opened the topic up and vnarang learned a little about the topic.

Last edited by in.the.dark; 07-16-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:09 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Others, like Greg here, personify the kind of people that can keep a good community from forming.
Actually you mean yourself right? Because I think you probably have at least half the forum has you on a ignore list.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:14 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, I know the problem here with ITD. From my view, he comes across as a know it all about Nissan it seems when he never has anything backing him. He will argue his way till the end with nothing but his opinions. Reason why people are sick of this person and most have him on a Ignore list.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:21 AM
in.the.dark

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Actually you mean yourself right? Because I think you probably have at least half the forum has you on a ignore list.
HAHAHA. You obviously don't! Dude, Solo, you gotta take a step back. The reason you and I don't get along is because I came to this site talking about market pressure and historical application indicating the time, release and specifications of the next Z. I didn't write Proteus off when he said he was in a focus group. I was skeptical, but not outwardly hostile toward him, like you were. You had your own sources, which you presented. Those didn't come through. No harm no foul. I've got no problem with any of that. It's the hostility that you have that causes issues, and I don't typically respond with nearly as much as is given me, often just ignoring people saying how ridiculous everything I've said is (though it's all been accurate up to this point). I'm not nearly as hostile and don't post anything nearly as pointless and spiteful as those that put me on their ignore list. I hope to stay off as many people's list as I think some in this community see the value of what I post and I want to hear what they have to say in case they see or hear something I do not. Those that don't and are quick to put others down, I can live without. Those are the ones that keep the community from growing in the right direction and I don't know why it's tolerated to the extent it is here. I have no trouble making amends.

/another 90210 post. Sorry everyone.

Last edited by in.the.dark; 07-16-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:06 AM
TunerTrifecta

lol I'm just curious to know why I got auto I-listed by greg, after he mouthed off to me, from one simple post. All because he didn't like a phrase I used...this forum is freaking great..:rollseyes:
Old 07-16-2008, 11:10 AM
in.the.dark

Originally Posted by TunerTrifecta
lol I'm just curious to know why I got auto I-listed by greg, after he mouthed off to me, from one simple post. All because he didn't like a phrase I used...this forum is freaking great..:rollseyes:
I think some people are a little too happy with that ignore button and likely there's a sub-forum going on between a handfull of guys with everyone else "i-listed". And don't let it bother you. Take a look at the responses from those guys and ask yourself what you are missing out on by them not being able to reply to your posts. They're actually doing you a favor in a lot of ways. It just doesn't work for me because they use me as an example. Oh well.

Last edited by in.the.dark; 07-16-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:52 AM
RBlover69

and if where possible for the us market to recieve the 3.8 it wouldnt be a the VR variant it would be the VQRS 3.8 motor in the RS special edition Z. Its already known in japan you can by the RS Z which includes the bored 3.8 nismo motor. though due to lmited production run im not sure of there availability now.

Quick Reply: why can't the new z be a 380Z?