Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Terrible Experience w/ Tires Plus

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 06:03 PM
aron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terrible Experience w/ Tires Plus

So here we go, I had a terrible day today...

I paid a Tires Plus store in Annapolis $1240 for my new Bridgestone PP SO3's - then I arrive there today so that they can put the tires on my beautiful Volk Racing GT-7 19" wheels that I have had for about a year now. Towards the end, Im peeking through the window to see what the mechanic guys are up to. Then, the guy covering the manager shift pulls me in back to ask me how to remove the center caps so that they could then balance the wheels. I look at the first wheel, and nothing but hug deep scratches and scuff marks all over the lip, the rim of the wheel and the center piece. The guys there were completely oblivious to it. I just went off right away on these guys, they said some machine slipped when takingh off my old tires, blah blah blah....a bunch of ****.....$600 wheels and these retards didnt give a **** AND I JUST PAID $1240 TO THESE GUYS FOR THE MOST EXPENSIVE TIRES YOU CAN GET WITH MY SETUP!! Anyways, Im going to the store ASAP in the morning to talk to the manager. The guy who was there today had the nerve to look me in the eye and say "I'll tell u what im gonna do sir....theres a shop in Millersville that works on wheels...we can just take these over to them and see what they can do".....at this point I just wanted to rip this guys head off. He didnt even seem to care, and was in no way upset with the mechanic who put the tires on. These guys owe me 4 new wheels and they're gonna ****ing pay for it. I guess I learned my lesson, never let a small tire shop even touch your car. BUT these guys didnt give **** to begin with. I would like to hear everyone else's opinion on this and for you to share similar experiences like this. If the manager doesnt take responsibility for this, Im gonna get a hold of the area manager / corporate people, call them up, write a huge letter and bash the **** out of these guys. Anyways - this is the **** I had to deal with today.

Aaron
Old 12-23-2004, 06:37 PM
NY 350Z

damn, sorry to hear that man. I work at a shop, we do everything you can think of. Im the head guy when it comes to low profiles and nice rims etc... Heres something that might help you. The volk rims are "reverse" rims. It is VERY hard to take them off unless you flip the rim upside down on the machine and clamp it from the outside of the lip. The tire comes right off and it wont damage anything, and if it does it would be to the back of the rim. These guys probably dont deal with fancy rims much. Today I had an STI come in for 4 snow tires. He said he went to 3 places and none of them could take the tires off because the tire was really "thick." Well, i got them done no problem. You need the right machines, and the right person to work with these type of wheels.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:42 PM
aron

You're right...i just dont understand why these guys didnt say to me "We recommend that you go to a shop that has better machinery than us...it would be a risk for you to let us perform this service" They said nothing.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:53 PM
NY 350Z

i guarentee they didnt do it the reverse way. You should mention something about that. The funny thing is that the guy with the STI, 2 of the 3 places he went to were "performance shops" they sell these type of wheels and they couldnt even do them.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:30 PM
ReavTek

Same thing happened to me at a tires plus down here. I got home and noticed the damage. Lots of scuffs and scrapes but it was on my stock 17" wheels so I didn't really mind. You should definetly get them to pay, if they dont care let small claims court deal with em.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:24 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aron, take a deep breath.

Before you go over the deep end with this people, try to get them to work with you and correct the mistake. 95% of the time, they will understand their error and fix it.

But if they are scratched, you really should demand that they replace all the wheels. You can't repair the scatches without cutting the clearcoat, and reclearing them. And I wouldnt trust anyone to do that. Insist on new ones.

Good luck!
Old 12-23-2004, 11:17 PM
aron

You are exactly right GQ, I will be approaching the issue tomorrow in THAT manner, but we'll see....
Old 12-24-2004, 10:46 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keep us posted...interested to see what they say.