Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Need Advice. Just won some Volks on ebay...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 09:16 PM
tnsxsear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice. Just won some Volks on ebay...

K so I just won some 19" volk sf challenges in RMC on ebay for $2025.00 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7968075726 It just seems fishy cuz the post says to wait 2-3 weeks for shipping since their coming from japan. This guy is just buying them and shipping to me? Or am I just being dumb and hurry up and just pay the guy? It was a no-reserve auction also. Need advice/help please. -Paul
Old 04-15-2005, 09:26 PM
axxizzer

have you E-mailed him? I would contact him first and ask about his payment preferences.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:28 PM
tnsxsear

Yeah he emailed me saying he accepts paypal,cashier/personal checks and gave me his Address to send it to.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:28 PM
Alonjar

Hard to say... feedback looks decent, but there is a negative saying he ripped them off, and there is nothing as big ticket as the rims.

How were you planning to pay? If you do get them, I'd only pay thru paypal, and put it in a credit card, not a bank transfer or debit card. That way if he screws you, you can

1) File a claim with paypal, usually if the guy cant prove he shipped the item via a tracking number, they will reimburse you.
2) If PayPal denies the claim (they can be ******** too, just depends), you can file a claim with your credit card company, who should take your side and refund your money from paypal. You could lose your paypal account if this happened, but thats better than 2 grand imho.

Honestly, I buy tons of stuff of ebay, but I only buy from vendors who regularly sell the item(s) I'm looking for. I just dont trust personal sellers on things over like $100-$200, I've seen people get burned before.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:31 PM
axxizzer

contact him and ask him WHEN he wants to be payed.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Alonjar

Now that I think about it, ask if he'd consider C.O.D.? Do people still do that?
Old 04-15-2005, 10:35 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

I seriously think you'd have to be insane to send that guy two grand. It's eBay roulette. Look, he has a feedback that says "took my money fake tracking # don't do business here" and only 12 auctions ago. That was for a $200 bottle of wine. Are you going to take a 1 in 12 chance of losing $2000? I just don't think it's worth the risk.

Anyway, less than 99.8%, and I don't bid anymore. I wasted $30 bux on someone with 95% feedback once.... ONCE.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:55 PM
ppw350Zunit

Originally Posted by nbdyfcnsqnc
Anyway, less than 99.8%, and I don't bid anymore. I wasted $30 bux on someone with 95% feedback once.... ONCE.
i totally agree....i don't bid on items unless the seller has 98% positive feedback.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:54 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

You have to consider that most people are afraid to leave bad feedback for fear of retaliation. If 4/5 people are afraid, which I think is realistic, that means the 98% is really more like 90%, which means that 1 out of 10 times you're going to get screwed. That might be a worthwhile risk at under $50, but for $2000...

It has to be practically 100%, because then you know these people are serious and will do whatever it takes to avoid bad feedback, such as offer a complete refund if you don't like the item.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:06 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by nbdyfcnsqnc
Johnny Dangerously?
Old 04-16-2005, 12:08 AM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you were skeptical you should not have bid on this $2k item. It says right on the front page:

"Please DO NOT bid if you don't want to wait."

I probably would have passed on this one.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:59 AM
atftrading

hey guys i have been looking into this guy if he was real or not doo i dont know about seding him the payment man he seems like up too no good man i will only do cod thats it i have ask a few questions too him too because i was going too buy the 20" gtc off him but i dont know i would send payment just because he has 24 feed backs doesnt mean shait now on ebay
Old 04-16-2005, 03:24 AM
Z BOY

Originally Posted by atftrading
hey guys i have been looking into this guy if he was real or not doo i dont know about seding him the payment man he seems like up too no good man i will only do cod thats it i have ask a few questions too him too because i was going too buy the 20" gtc off him but i dont know i would send payment just because he has 24 feed backs doesnt mean shait now on ebay
longest sentence, ever. try using periods every now and then, bro.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:47 AM
atftrading

hahahha yea next time i will sorry
Old 04-16-2005, 05:48 AM
taurran

I would suggest, as said above, to contact him back and ask when he wants the payment. Could be quite possible to wait until he does receive them, then ask for pics of the wheels/boxes.

Also, definitely use Paypal. They have a buyer protection program that givese you a refund in case of fraud. If this guy was a phony, he probably wouldn't give paypal as an option.

Not everyone on ebay with a single bad feedback is a fraud. Sometimes people get antsy and post feedback if something takes a day longer than promised to ship. Just take a look at ebay and paypal's buyer protection programs, I think you'll be allright.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:30 AM
SlamMan

Use escro. COD in the least.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:52 AM
mgl

for such a large amount of $$...
first contact the seller and see if he will accept an escrow service.
if not, at least use your credit card through paypal.

good luck.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:39 PM
___DJK___

Originally Posted by mgl
for such a large amount of $$...
first contact the seller and see if he will accept an escrow service.
if not, at least use your credit card through paypal.

good luck.
+1, make sure you dont use the paypal feature that debits your bank account. I believe you only get up to $1,000 of protection going that route.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:50 AM
B-Unit

This is how i view the situation.

1. Ebay has sheisty people on it and since ur not trading face to face with them, even if the feedback is 100 u cant tell if theyve only sold like 20 things, thats nothing and i wouldnt consider them one of those people who relies on good feedback, hell screw u, just make a new username.

2. If you go through an online vender on here, youll charge you roughly 22-2400 for those exact rims. Theres allot of venders on here who are trying to sell RMCs the last weeks, so im sure they have some. So u can sleep every night before the wheels arrive, not wondering whether your 2000 is being spent on some guys cheap hookers and wine at a local club, and your wheels never on their way.

3. 2-3 weeks definitely sounds fishy for volks if hes ordering them and getting em shipped from Jap. The miniumum wait for Volks from Japan is 90days, unless you ordered them a while ago. so 2-3 weeks seems kinda wack to me, iono.

If it was my 2000, id spend another 200 or so and make the purchase from one of the nice online vendors on here, you cant loose going that route, if they screw you, you have somewhere to point the finger and youll undoubtedly keep your money or get ur product. Theres a ton of good vendors on here too!

Good luck!

-Bryan-
Old 04-17-2005, 05:57 PM
zh.guitar
Leave your mark!

Use escrow service and you'll be Ok. Make sure YOU chose the service and use the ebay recommended one. You will have to pay to use this method. Paypal is good but I think it is only $1000 protection. Credit card "with fraud protection" through Paypal is the easiest and safe.

He probably said 2 weeks on the shipping because he is going to send it by boat or something slow that is inexpensive.

You'll probably be alright.

Next time I would:

check out the seller first.....if it's not a safe trusted seller move on. There is always another ebay deal to be found.

Post pics when your done.

Quick Reply: Need Advice. Just won some Volks on ebay...