Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

The Tire Rack is in The house ....

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 09:17 AM
Luke@tirerack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Tire Rack is in The house ....

Hello, This is Luke from The Tire Rack .....

As most of you know The Tire Rack is the premier wheel and tire supplier to a majority of performance enthusiasts throughout the country. We are performance enthusiasts ourselves and test every tire we carry and post our findings as well as our customers survey results on our web-site www.tirerack.com We also carry performance suspension, brakes, and additional accessories from some of the best companies in the world like: PIAA, Hella, EBC, Hawk, BBS, OZ Racing, Brembo, Baer, etc. .....

If you have technical questions, which is very common on a new model like the 350Z, and you want the concise, correct answers to your questions post them here and I will try to check in periodically and answer them, or send me a link to your post at Luke@tirerack.com .... please only send the link to your question posted here because many of the questions are going to be redundant and everybody will have an opportunity to see the answers as opposed to a direct e-mail. You will also get a faster response this way because, I recieve hundreds of e-mails ... You are also welcome to call me toll free directly at 877-522-8473 ext. 362

I am a "Z" Enthusiast and drive a 300ZX TT Stage III+ everyday and am involved in many types of motorsports .... as well as a ASE Certified Master Technician

Last edited by Luke@tirerack; 12-12-2002 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:44 AM
j a y

hey luke. took you long enough to find these boards. i'd also like to throw in my recommendation for luke as the tire guy for the z community.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:59 AM
Luke@tirerack

but if you carefully perform a "search" using the word "Luke" you will see a post titled something like "I got shot in my car" and that member and myself had a nice little talk so, what I'm saying is that although I may not have been here in person I was here in spirit ....

Last edited by Luke@tirerack; 12-12-2002 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:00 AM
Luke@tirerack

Oh, and how badly am I allowed to blast the incorrect info/poster I have already uncovered on this site ?????????

Luke
Old 12-12-2002, 10:35 AM
Boomer

Originally posted by Luke@tirerack
Oh, and how badly am I allowed to blast the incorrect info/poster I have already uncovered on this site ?????????

Luke
You need to read the rules of the site which is in the front of the forums. You can disagree with anyone, just do not make personal attacks or call people names. Fighting is not allowed, healthy disagreements and debate are an integral part of this site. We want the very best info we can get on all subjects, not just opinions that can't be verified by facts.

Right, Takao and Moderators?
Old 12-12-2002, 10:48 AM
Luke@tirerack

I'm inn agreement with that ... the post was basically was just a joke but there are alot of incorrect posts I have read so far ... I would only post correct factual info .... while on some sites even thast tends to fire people up because it disagrees with what they think they know
Old 12-12-2002, 10:54 AM
Monkey Man

Tire Rack gets a big thumbs up from our shop. We get all of our tires from them, and they offer great technical support.

-Jeremy
Old 12-12-2002, 11:16 AM
Duck

Well I have a question I got the answer for from someone else but wanted to double check. I want to get OZ Supperleggera wheel size 8.5 front and 9.5 rear, the quote on the offset was +35 for the front and +40 for the rear, and for tire fitment it was 245-45-18 for the front and 275-40-18 for the rear. My other question is if you can order the Superleggera's in special sizes since the only one you offer for the 350Z is the 19" ones. Oh and here's another question are these the lightest wheels I can get in 18" size? Thank you for your help
Old 12-12-2002, 02:57 PM
mcduck

Hey, Luke... when is the TireRack website going to have an image of the new Z so we can "see" the rims and wheels you offer on the car?
Old 12-12-2002, 03:08 PM
VaGentleman

Luke,

I just had my Wheels/Tires Stolen. What is your cost to replace a 350Z Touring *AT* w/ it's tires?? P225/50WR17 *front* P235/50WR17 *Rear* Original w/ Bridgestone Potenza RE040's...and a quote for the Michelin A/S Sport Pilots would be nice too *to give to my service manager* If any tire is backorderd..forget it..I want to drive my Z as soon as possible.

VG
Old 12-12-2002, 03:52 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Luke: Can you post the measurements of the WIDEST possible tire that can be mounted on the 350Z 18" Rays (front and rear). Also, I know this would be just your opinion, but what brand and model tire do you think would be the best tire for our car?

Thanks for your response and welcome to the board!
Old 12-12-2002, 04:33 PM
Boomer

Default tires

Luke, I have been the most vocal critic of the O.E. tires, Bridgestone Potenza RE 040s. Why did the Tire Rack choose Michelin Pilot Sport A/Ss for the replacement tires? They were my choice from the beginning, to replace my RE040s before I took delivery of the car. A mixup made that impossible. I still am interested in the A/Ss in 225/50/17 fr and 235/50/17 rr, but I want to get something for the RE040s if I can. Do you know what those sizes w/1300 miles would be worth?

Boomer--I am a former customer who was very satisfied with your services and I intend to continue to be one in the future.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:04 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by VaGentleman
Luke,

I just had my Wheels/Tires Stolen. What is your cost to replace a 350Z Touring *AT* w/ it's tires?? P225/50WR17 *front* P235/50WR17 *Rear* Original w/ Bridgestone Potenza RE040's...and a quote for the Michelin A/S Sport Pilots would be nice too *to give to my service manager* If any tire is backorderd..forget it..I want to drive my Z as soon as possible.

VG
I just checked at Tire Rack and they show the A/Ss to be in stock. $197 each fr and $205 each rr. They are shown to be in stock now. You might go to their website and tell them you want them on overnight or 2 day delivery if you are really interested. One or more of these tires are back ordered a lot. I check prices often, so you need to grab them now. I've ordered several tires from them and always had good luck. They always replace tires if you have problems, in my experience.
Old 12-12-2002, 07:54 PM
Driven

Luke,

If you make it back here...there are many of us that want the answer to Dr. Bonz' question posted above. What is the phatest tire that can fit with the correct offsets? You said on one of your posts that you fit an 11"? What size tire did you stuff on it, and what kind of clearance? I don't want to mess up my car...but do want to have a fat *** tire sitting out back with very little clearance to the fender lip...will shave if I have to, but don't WANT to.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:19 PM
acid burn

I had a tough time with TireRack getting wheels for my Track Model. Maybe you can make up for it Luke?

I am trying to get some 17 inch wheels to mount some winter tires on. I sent in a clearance template for the brake calipers and I asked the rep to measure a specific set of wheels.

I got the impression that nobody even tried to measure the wheels I was interested in. Instead he recommended some other wheels.

This all happened before you got a real Track model in to measure. I didn't want the wheels the rep suggested, so I asked him to call me after it was measured. I called later and found out that a car had since been measured and he hadn't notified me.

I get the impression that I will have to be a pain in the *** and phone you guys up every day to get some action, or even a straight answer. Just the kind of customer you would love.
Old 12-13-2002, 04:47 AM
RoadRagerInTherapy

Default T/R shipping to the Great White North?

Does Tire Rack ship to Canada?

I'm wondering if the duty+shipping will overcome the lower rack-rate prices T/R usually posts vs local shops up here.

Luke... comments?
Old 12-13-2002, 04:51 AM
Luke@tirerack

I'm sorry that you had problems with one of the reps here ... as you can imagine not all of us are as technical as myself ... If I can be of any asistance just let me know
Old 12-13-2002, 10:49 AM
J Ritt

I had a hell of a time trying to get winter wheels/tires from the tirerack. My salesman (clancy) didn't have a clue in the world. I was on the phone for 1/2 hour while he ran to his superiors for answers to technical questions I was posing. I was put on hold about 5 times. I gave up finally when he tried to tell me that a 225/45 front tire did not have enough load capacity for my car, since the stockers were 225/50's. I told him I understand about speedometer error and the overall diameter, and that it was ok...but he insisted that the tires couldn't handle the weight of the car. At any rate, I didn't feel like fighting with someone to take my $1200, so I threw in the towel and went elsewhere.

I've dealt with a salesman named Walt at the rack though, and never had any problems at all...i guess it's just a matter of finding a knowledgeable salesman and sticking with them...walt wasn't around the week I needed my tires, so I got someone that didn't work out. I won't hold it against the company as a whole though, and I'll use them again when needed.

I've seen Luke on the s2k board...welcome.
Old 12-13-2002, 11:41 AM
Audito350Z

Default Need track wheels.

Hello Luke.... I'm a big fan of Tirerack. I think Eddie knows me by my voice! I'm an ex Audi A4 owner. The A4 was highly modified and saw at least 6 track events a year. All it's tires came from you guys and the OZ Cronos/Yoko AO32R for the track also came from you guys.

I've ordered a Performance model 350Z that should be here in April. I'll run it at the track at least once on the stock wheels, but I'll upgrade to AVS sports. Eventually I will run track wheels/tires, though.

I was very happy with the OZ Cronos on the A4, light, durable, good looking and they cleared the Stoptechs on the A4. The Z will get Stoptechs, so clearance will be an issue for me.

I know you guys are still testing various wheel/tire combinations for the 350Z, so I'll keep checking the site. I'm sure by the time my Z gets here, you will have a good selection of wheels listed on your site.

But, in the meantime, do you know if OZ will offer the Crono or the Superleggera (not the SL III) in 17" with the proper offset and PCD? I prefer to run 8"-9" in the front and 9"-10" in the back.

Thanks for your time.

PeteH
Old 12-13-2002, 12:00 PM
BFG10

Originally posted by Luke@tirerack
I'm sorry that you had problems with one of the reps here ... as you can imagine not all of us are as technical as myself ... If I can be of any asistance just let me know
Luke, simple question...I think.

On a 6MT Touring (18's) can I upsize to 245/40/18 front and 275/40/18 rear? I am partial to the S-03's and this seems to be the only 18 inch combo that might work other than stock.

Thanks

Quick Reply: The Tire Rack is in The house ....