Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

TSW Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 12:18 AM
sdZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OP, just get some decent sized spacers and a 245/275 combo when our ready for new tires.... I would recommend a 40 series sidewall so you won't have any rubbing issues with spacers(regardless of size)... Plus you have a mild drop so that would probably be your best alternative to rolling your fenders... And nevermind what other people say because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if they're satisfied with YOUR car, it's all about how YOU feel about the car... Besides, your the one paying for the car, and your the one paying for the mods done to it...
Old 11-09-2009, 12:21 AM
sdZ33

Originally Posted by KANESTER
I am a new member, and most people on here seem like good folks, just don't listen to the haters. ESPECIALLY THE ONE'S WITH A SHIRTLESS JOHN CENA AS THIER AVATAR!!

^^^

Do I smell a G*Y JOKE? ... LOL
Old 11-09-2009, 12:32 AM
RocKstR350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone above for turning this flame post into somthing better.lol. Im glad a few people understand that even though i could have saved and gotten better wheels. I DONT WANT THEM. IM happy with mine and for the price i was able to get a nice set of wheels and still pay all my bills without putting a strain on my bank account. The tires will be changed to osmthing better as soon as they wear out. If I get 15mm spacers all the way around with my current setup will i need to roll my fender ???
Old 11-09-2009, 03:38 AM
Willz350

Originally Posted by RocKstR350z
As stated i dont want volks or anything of that matter. The main focus of a car shouldnt be on the wheels.
The main focus of a car seems to be its wheels. Wheels can make or break a look of a car. I have seen some ugly cars and when they have nice wheels they make it look decent. I have seen some nice cars with ugly wheels and they make the car look like ****.

It all comes down to what you're happy with. I would have went with a wider setup and something not silver on silver, it looks a little bland but it's nice to have brand new wheels.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:39 AM
Globalscan

If they are a +15 offset and you change the tires to a 245F/275R you will not need spacers
Old 11-09-2009, 04:03 AM
dkmesa350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RocKstR350z
As stated i dont want volks or anything of that matter. The main focus of a car shouldnt be on the wheels. Why would i spend as much on wheel/tire combo than some of my other cars are even worth?? I got a good deal on them and am overall happy with the purchase besides that i want them to stick out a bit more. However i still dont want to roll my fenders. And for the guy who asked about the springs they actuqally ride good. No bounce and dont lower it to a point that it becomes a problem. Would recomend for someone wanting a nice drop. I knew i was going to get flammed for buying tsw's but i still sleep at night. I do look at alota cars on here that are really nice and all but at the end of the day im 19 and buying a house so the z isnt top priority. Just tired of rolling on my old time attack black/red konigs that iv had on there. That color combo doesnt go well with the silver.
So why spend money on wheels in the first place?
Old 11-09-2009, 04:19 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Blackline
ARE THOSE WHEELS REALLY CALLED SNETTERTONS? oh my god what a horrible name for a wheel or anything in that case. but glad you like them sir
Originally Posted by aloh
what kind of name is "snettertons"
http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/snetterton/

named for the tiny town it's located near

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 11-09-2009 at 04:21 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:23 AM
solidsnake

LOL at buying a house at 19, riiiiight!
Old 11-09-2009, 04:56 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Enough with the hater-aid..........

It's his car and to each their own....."you know there is a way to comment with out being a total Internet Douche bag"....

Originally Posted by solidsnake
as for this comment? what do you want him to do??? post his Realtor information? or come back on here and post is closing documents to prove something to you??

If hes lie'n or not, who gives a flying $^%*.....

Originally Posted by dkmesa350z
So why spend money on wheels in the first place?
Cause thats his budget???? i dunno...are you him?? does it make sense to you???

He merely stated, hes searched the forum, seen many wheels.... but his position, style, likes, dislikes and economic sense led him to these wheels....so be it....

like it or not, there are ways to comment with out being an Ethug...

THAT BEING SAID.....anymore and ban...simple as that........I don't want 3 more pages of wasted Ethug commenting.....take it to the lounge, take it to Anything goes.............

-J

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 11-09-2009 at 04:59 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:08 AM
reverse

it doesn't look like a +15 offset. i don't think TSW makes an offset that low. but try 15mm, but even then i think you would still need to roll fenders partly due to the drop.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:13 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by reverse
it doesn't look like a +15 offset. i don't think TSW makes an offset that low. but try 15mm, but even then i think you would still need to roll fenders partly due to the drop.
See, thats a tasteful response........informative and helpful.......no hater-aid...

-J
Old 11-09-2009, 10:42 AM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Not my taste but you obviously like um

As said a few times, roll your rear fenders and get 15mm spacers in the rear

Last edited by zerafian; 11-09-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:13 PM
sdZ33

Originally Posted by solidsnake
^^^

My friend bought his house at 19.... It can be done...
Old 11-09-2009, 08:14 PM
sdZ33

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
Enough with the hater-aid..........

It's his car and to each their own....."you know there is a way to comment with out being a total Internet Douche bag"....

as for this comment? what do you want him to do??? post his Realtor information? or come back on here and post is closing documents to prove something to you??

If hes lie'n or not, who gives a flying $^%*.....

Cause thats his budget???? i dunno...are you him?? does it make sense to you???

He merely stated, hes searched the forum, seen many wheels.... but his position, style, likes, dislikes and economic sense led him to these wheels....so be it....

like it or not, there are ways to comment with out being an Ethug...

THAT BEING SAID.....anymore and ban...simple as that........I don't want 3 more pages of wasted Ethug commenting.....take it to the lounge, take it to Anything goes.............

-J

^^^

Thank You Jason, It's about time I hear someone put it down like that...
Old 11-10-2009, 02:17 AM
RocKstR350z

Jason I think that wasw all very well put. As for the house comment let me b reak it down for you. Im 19, my parents dont pay for ANYTHING. IM not some spoiled rich kid. Iv had a full time job since i was 14 and have now moved up to making good monehy working night shifts 60 hours a week. That red civic you see in the background is mine. That truck is also mine. I have busted my *** to save up the 30 grand im using for a down payment. I majored in school in vocational carpenty and minored in architectual engineering. The house is a bit of a fixer up but ill buy it cheap and go right thru it myself. Ill GLADLY post my documents for any e thug that doesnt wanna listen to me. I have nothign to hide. But back on topic. As far as why i spent money on wheels in the first place..... My stock wheels needed tires and was gonna cost almost what igot this setup for so why not ??? I do think theres alot more to a car than the wheels but the stock wheels leave alot to be desired. It definatly makes my car stand out in an area where there are litttle to no z's i turn PLENTY of heads. The only epople that care about the brands are the people on interenet forums. I have never been asked what brand they were by anyone on the street. I just get compliments
Old 11-10-2009, 05:22 AM
reverse

^^^props...wish i was that wise at nineteen...
Old 11-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Thermal1

Find out what your offsets really are and we might be able to help you better. They are not +15.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks for posting the nice pics and providing the detailed description of your setup (suspension, wheels and tires).

I think your wheels and the drop look very good:
  • The wheel color and spoke pattern look great on your car. Nice choice.
  • The drop looks very good, and it’s practical and a smart choice for street driving. You won’t scrape with a steep approach angle to driveways and “gutter” curbs.
Just a couple of suggestions:
  • When you replace your tires, consider going with 245/40-18” front with 275/40-18” rear. The 245’s will turn-in faster than your 225’s, and the rear 275’s will insure the car follows that faster turn-in. You will really like the different handling this setup provides.

• The offset looks more like about 30 (instead of 15). But, don’t worry about that now. I would not install spacers until after you mount new tires (the 245 fronts and 275 rears I mention). If the new tires are not as flush as you want, then consider spacers. The 275’s are going to be over an inch wider, and therefore out about another half-inch to your fender, so “wait and evaluate.”

It’s refreshing to see a person who is wise beyond their years, and who makes good and financially sound decisions. Instead of loading your credit card with impulse buying of stuff you cannot afford and really don’t want, you made a wise purchase and now have a very good looking and practical solution. I’m impressed with such wisdom at a young age.

I love this saying: “Don’t it beat Hell… how people spend money they don’t got… to get stuff they don’t really want… to impress people they don’t like.”

You understand.

--Spike
Old 11-11-2009, 05:07 PM
sdZ33

Hey OP, if you can't find out the offset from the dealer you bought the wheels from, try taking a wheel off and on the back of the wheel sometimes the manufactures' stamp the et there... Just a suggestion... GL
Old 11-12-2009, 04:49 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

in 19 inch, Snetterton's are likely 19x8 +20, 19x9.5 +20

Quick Reply: TSW Wheels